Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life is 15 Years Old - Some Highlights and Favourites

2»

Comments

• Options
    I think I should have the prize for longest running meaningless thread with the most comments with “new word game” I’m sure it generates about 500 notifications everytime I log on lol. 
    I’ll second that sadiejane.  The prize is yours.  Perhaps we could take “new” out of the title after 11 years? 👨‍🦳

Amazing thread aliwibble thanks.  Cann’t imagine how long it would have taken you to put it together.
  • Options
    Much appreciated trips down many of the memory lanes. Great to see my dad there with his cards.

Also my own video from Carlisle. 

Many thanks. 
  • Options
    Wasn't there a thread where a guy needed encouragement to ask a girl in his office out and he was after advice from lifers about how to do it? 
  • Options
    I've just remembered another absolute favourite: Cabbles asking for advice on how to tell a direct report at work that he smells terrible and needs to sort it out...and then bottling it by 5pm. I can't find any of these threads but if anyone else does, it's a winner
    Here you go for the Cabbles thread

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/74862/business-critical-question-need-help-before-5-20pm-if-possible-please/p1
  • Options
    I've just remembered another absolute favourite: Cabbles asking for advice on how to tell a direct report at work that he smells terrible and needs to sort it out...and then bottling it by 5pm. I can't find any of these threads but if anyone else does, it's a winner
    Here you go for the Cabbles thread

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/74862/business-critical-question-need-help-before-5-20pm-if-possible-please/p1
    You're my hero
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2021
    I started the Trevor thread but I’ve gone through my discussions and can’t find it. Think it may have been deleted.

Edit: Ali ‘kindly’ found it https://charltonlife.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/39303/dear-charlton-life

10 years ago, wow. It’s cringe but if you can’t laugh at yourself….
  • Options
    Thanks @aliwibble - looking forward to revisiting some of these.

The 'Needing To Go' thread - can't remember exact title - was also a stone-cold classic. @DamoNorthStand is a modern-day folk hero to a couple of fellow Addicks and me after reading that. We still sometimes talk of 'going for a Damo'.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    @ValleyGary to be fair, the kind bit was DMing you with the details, rather than just following up on the thread. :)
    @kielyskickingboots it's in part 3 in the NSFW section ;) (Damo's post is on page 6, but I think @RodneyCharltonTrotta's post from p5 beats it)
  • Options
    I still think of getting a t-shirt that reads ‘I think a 4 but my Nan reckons a 5’  on it 

You can wear it when you are coaching kids and shooting anyone caught talking to your mum.  ;-)
    Just been reading this one :D
    The attack came from nowhere and was so brutal and nonsense it had me in stitches.
    Viewfinder must have been having a really bad day and the Dulwich Hamlet display tipped him over the edge. Reminds me of that Michael Douglas film when he just loses his shit.

• Options
    cafctom said:
    My personal favourite is the discussion about the best pub to find an older lady. I think about that thread every time I go through Bexley and see the Millers Arms
    That was for my Wirral mate before he moved back to Merseyside 3-4 years ago, wanted one last guaranteed hoorah 😎
  • Options
    I think I should have the prize for longest running meaningless thread with the most comments with “new word game” I’m sure it generates about 500 notifications everytime I log on lol. 
    I’ll second that sadiejane.  The prize is yours.  Perhaps we could take “new” out of the title after 11 years? 👨‍🦳

Amazing thread aliwibble thanks.  Cann’t imagine how long it would have taken you to put it together.
    It’s not a new game about words, it’s a game about new words, so the new should stay. 
  • Options
    Let’s ask sadiejane
  • Options
    Millwall Stu is my all time favourite.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Let’s ask sadiejane
    Call it what you like, i called it “New Word Game” because there was another word game thread previously, slightly different set up but it got deleted as it was taking up a lot of server space I think, as it got so big, so I thought hmmm…. Let’s start a new one, let’s see how far it can go before it gets deleted…. Never anticipated on it going for 11 years. Good show guys lol 

• Options
    Let’s ask sadiejane
    Call it what you like, i called it “New Word Game” because there was another word game thread previously, slightly different set up but it got deleted as it was taking up a lot of server space I think, as it got so big, so I thought hmmm…. Let’s start a new one, let’s see how far it can go before it gets deleted…. Never anticipated on it going for 11 years. Good show guys lol 

Legend.  Thank you sadiejane 😀
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    Millwall Stu is my all time favourite.  
    Think that was from the NetAddicks days … might be wrong 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    I was going to save this until a later date after previous mentions, but figured we could probably do with a laugh today.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    I was going to save this until a later date after previous mentions, but figured we could probably do with a laugh today.
    Absolute pearler of a thread .
  • Options
    I think we should re-open the Question for @BDL thread :)

APRAWA!
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    You're going on a date with Stu?