Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gilbey & Schwartz

Comments

• Regardless of whether he's been back for 2 weeks/2.5 weeks whatever, he's a professional footballer and must have a decent basic level of fitness. Ok he's had covid but if he's fit enough to train for 2 weeks, then he was surely fit enough to play for 15-20 minutes last night. Instead we're risking Stockley for 20 minutes.

I mentioned on the Schwartz thread that Man City played players in the community shield who had literally had 2-3 training sessions since returning from their summer holidays.

I haven't played 11 a side for about 15 years and i smoke and i reckon even i could do 15-20 minutes.
    I've not had it but is long covid just like having a long holiday in the sunshine?
    I've seen some stupid posts on here but this must take the biscuit. 
  • Everybody totally guessing here. Nobody knows what the problem is or how serious it is. It is frustrating but let him and the club's medical team deal with it without putting extra pressure on them. 
  • redman said:
    Regardless of whether he's been back for 2 weeks/2.5 weeks whatever, he's a professional footballer and must have a decent basic level of fitness. Ok he's had covid but if he's fit enough to train for 2 weeks, then he was surely fit enough to play for 15-20 minutes last night. Instead we're risking Stockley for 20 minutes.

I mentioned on the Schwartz thread that Man City played players in the community shield who had literally had 2-3 training sessions since returning from their summer holidays.

I haven't played 11 a side for about 15 years and i smoke and i reckon even i could do 15-20 minutes.
    I've not had it but is long covid just like having a long holiday in the sunshine?
    in what way?

Schwartz returning from long covid and not getting a run out was being compared to city players playing in the charity shield having only just returned from holiday and trained twice.

• Has Ronnie's long covid been confirmed by the club, or is all this being based on a couple of players telling a random fan in the pub the story?
  • I've seen nothing to confirm Schwartz was late back due to Covid? 

Won't be surprised to see him leave before the window shuts 
  • It all started when fans saw a picture of the long face and assumed depression. Current rumours are that the long face was in fact long covid.
  • Has Ronnie's long covid been confirmed by the club, or is all this being based on a couple of players telling a random fan in the pub the story?
    This.

I don't think its been confirmed ANYWHERE that he has had Covid. We only found out that Gilbey had it because of his own tweets.

If only we had a comms team or a reporter thats not on holiday.............
    This.

I don't think its been confirmed ANYWHERE that he has had Covid. We only found out that Gilbey had it because of his own tweets.

It's not been officially confirmed by the club, but there was a poster on here who said he'd spoken to a player that mentioned Schwartz had covid.

I think all we know from the club (Adkins) is that Schwartz had 'personal issues'.
    This.

It's not been officially confirmed by the club, but there was a poster on here who said he'd spoken to a player that mentioned Schwartz had covid.

I think all we know from the club (Adkins) is that Schwartz had 'personal issues'.
    Covid is a 'health' issue isn't it, from all the people I know who have had it I have never heard it referred too as a 'personal' issue.
  • Sponsored links:

• Regardless of whether he's been back for 2 weeks/2.5 weeks whatever, he's a professional footballer and must have a decent basic level of fitness. Ok he's had covid but if he's fit enough to train for 2 weeks, then he was surely fit enough to play for 15-20 minutes last night. Instead we're risking Stockley for 20 minutes.

I know a person who was hospitalised with covid in early jan, he was in hospital for a month. Since his release from hospital, he has had to learn to talk again. He hasn’t worked a day since before Christmas, is self employed and is in big financial trouble now. He struggles to walk up a flight of stairs and doesn’t know when he can work again. 

So in answer to your question, no. Long covid is not just like having a long holiday in the sunshine. 
  • Seriously, comparing having a bad experience with COVID to a summer holiday, scrap that barrel! 

I know a person who was hospitalised with covid in early jan, he was in hospital for a month. Since his release from hospital, he has had to learn to talk again. He hasn’t worked a day since before Christmas, is self employed and is in big financial trouble now. He struggles to walk up a flight of stairs and doesn’t know when he can work again. 

So in answer to your question, no. Long covid is not just like having a long holiday in the sunshine. 
    Schwartz returning from long covid and not getting a run out was being compared to city players playing in the charity shield having only just returned from holiday and trained twice.
  • Rothko said:
    Seriously, comparing having a bad experience with COVID to a summer holiday, scrap that barrel! 

another case of you having not read something properly...

Apologies, I missed that.

My comment remains though, aimed at that comment and not yours
  • edited August 2021
    redman said:
    Regardless of whether he's been back for 2 weeks/2.5 weeks whatever, he's a professional footballer and must have a decent basic level of fitness. Ok he's had covid but if he's fit enough to train for 2 weeks, then he was surely fit enough to play for 15-20 minutes last night. Instead we're risking Stockley for 20 minutes.

in what way?

Comparing long covid to long holiday in the sunshine? If that's what you think it is, you are totally both mad and incompassionate!
    Not that this may have anything to do with Scwartz.
  • redman said:
    redman said:

in what way?

Comparing long covid to long holiday in the sunshine? If that's what you think it is, you are totally both mad and incompassionate!
    and once more

"Schwartz returning from long covid and not getting a run out was being compared to city players playing in the charity shield having only just returned from holiday and trained twice."

I was sarcastically asking if the two were similar as they were being compared.

• I doubt that it is actually long covid; he is training afterall.

I reckon that he was granted extended leave for his wedding, and then caught covid at similar time...meaning that his agreed late start to pre season was pushed back even further.  He joined the club well behind english football fitness levels, and has gone backwards with close season and a bout of covid
  • Sponsored links:

• The amount of whoosh’s on Dave’s post!
    I bit, I was whooshed, it was explained that I was whooshed, I apologised. An hour later people are still being whooshed 🤭
  • redman said:
    redman said:

in what way?

and once more

"Schwartz returning from long covid and not getting a run out was being compared to city players playing in the charity shield having only just returned from holiday and trained twice."

The sarcasm didn't come over and rarely does in a post but let's leave it there
  • Sounds like a 1970’s detective programme. Gilbey the hard arse who drinks whiskey for breakfast and Schwartz the German prisoner of war who stayed, the good guy, wants to be liked
    "And if those pen pushers at the EFL don't like it, they can go screw themselves"
  • redman said:
    redman said:
    redman said:

in what way?

and once more

The sarcasm didn't come over and rarely does in a post but let's leave it there
    Leave what where?

• Hold up, I want a go...

Bloody hell dave. Cant believe you are comparing long covid to a long holiday in the sunshine. Absolute codswollop 🙄
  • Chrispy51 said:
    Why won’t / can’t the club come out and say Ronnie had Covid? He is getting slated for not being fit and joining training late. Covid is a legitimate reason for this, I just don’t understand why the club won’t come out and say it
    Would you like your employer to announce things about your health and wellbeing?
  • Somebody at the game on Tuesday mentioned that Schwartz was looking sharp in the shooting practice at the open training session.
  • edited August 2021
    Crusty54 said:
    Somebody at the game on Tuesday mentioned that Schwartz was looking sharp in the shooting practice at the open training session.
    It's funny some fans were saying he was awful, others were saying he looked decent. It shows the difference in stance at the moment, people are right now writing players off left, right and centre or they're blindly backing them.

I'm somewhere in the middle certainly leaning more to the latter, hoping and needing to give all the players a chance under a Manager that has been proven to improve the youth and progress them into the first team as well as improving players to enable them to progress up the leagues.

Same goes for the owner, I need to give him a chance to continue to prove he's better than the last two or three ownership groups. 
  • I wish I knew the definitive rule as to how many overage players can take part in U23 games.
    As far as I can tell, due to the link Clive kindly sought out and posted, the first U23 game is on August 31st. I would hope to see Schwartz, Gilbey, Pearce and Watson in that game in order to try to sort out what’s what.
    Additionally it would be nice to see a comprehensive U23 fixture list on the official site with dates, venues and kick off times.