Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v AFC Wimbledon | Tuesday 10th August | 7:45PM | Match Preview | Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    ross1 said:
    Dion Charles scores
    Who da
    What da
    Fuck?
    Rumoured to be a target of ours.
    Went to Ipswich?
    That was after the rumours.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Don’t mind this performance at all. Hopefully it shows everyone at the club that we can’t rely fully on these youngsters.

Might just help push a few deals on maybe
    Surely anyone with a football brain knew that already. No goals in our side at all is main problem for me. Love the defence and backups but midfield don't score. No wingers outside DJ and Stockley or Davison aren't massive goalscorers.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Don’t mind this performance at all. Hopefully it shows everyone at the club that we can’t rely fully on these youngsters.

Might just help push a few deals on maybe
    I doubt the selling club will be too bothered that we will be desperate  - will probably put the price up even higher.

That's why you should get your players in early doors & not when the season has started & are behind your rivals.
  • Options
    Roddy at left back got completly skinned for the goal, only in the team as he's Geds son , like others have said I dont want to jump on the bandwagon but he clearly isnt anywhre near good enough. I really hope this isnt the reason we havent signed a left back

• Options
    43' Ben Watson lets fly from distance - his shot deflects over for a corner. #cafc 0 #afcw 1
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    I wonder what Roddy's wage is compared to an academy player at a similar level. 
    What has this got to do with anything
    Taking money away from the club to give to your son is a pretty big deal no? 
    Adkins has picked him, not his old man.
    He doesn't have many options at left back to be fair!

However Roddy should be nowhere near our first team squad.

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    ross1 said:
    ross1 said:
    No answer to you if you have this way of thinking, try supporting the young players
    Too many trying to find fault in everything the club does. It really is killing my enjoyment of Charlton at the moment. It's not just here, all forms of social media.
    Maybe it's time to jump off social media for a while then?
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Roddy at left back got completly skinned for the goal, only in the team as he's Geds son , like others have said I dont want to jump on the bandwagon but he clearly isnt anywhre near good enough. I really hope this isnt the reason we havent signed a left back

Tbf to him he is probably 2nd or 3rd best left back at club at present.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Offside, Charlton Athletic. Jacob Roddy tries a through ball, but Sean Clare is caught offside.
  • Options
    45+1 One minute added... #cafc 0 #afcw 1
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    ross1 said:

Looks lost in comparison to the other academy lads out there. Deji and Ghandour have done pretty well imo. 
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:

I really don’t think Adkins would play him just because he is Ged’s son. Maybe he is currently the best option we have at left back.
  • Options
    HT 0-1
  • Options
    Shit game. So far.
    But it is the cup and I expect much  better on Saturday 
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    ross1 said:

Looks lost in comparison to the other academy lads out there. Deji and Ghandour have done pretty well imo. 
    Really like the look of Deji. Always aware of of what around him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:
    HT 0-1
    Need a Golfie & 45 mins to do it in. 
  • Options
    wrong thread.
  • Options
    I'm so annoyed we are going to be out of this prestigious event.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    supaclive said:
    ross1 said:

Really like the look of Deji. Always aware of of what around him.
    He’s done well and he has a lot of pace. Needs a little bit more composure but that will come with games - when Famewo or Inniss need a rest I’d rather he play than Pearce. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    ross1 said:
    ross1 said:
    No answer to you if you have this way of thinking, try supporting the young players
    Too many trying to find fault in everything the club does. It really is killing my enjoyment of Charlton at the moment. It's not just here, all forms of social media.
    Maybe it's time to jump off social media for a while then?
    What until Sandgaard has gone or the fans that are making it miserable? 
  • Options
    Be nice to have a good cup run this year - sadly that may involve scoring...
  • Options
    At game. Poor goal to concede Roddy done and free little bloke on the far side almost apologetically scored. No Gunter to deal with it.
    Wimbledon probably the better team and generally on top. Charlton disjointed. Hope to see a better second half.
    If we are fortunate enough to equalise is it extra time?
  • Options
    If Sandgaard or Adkins think the young players are good enough, so far, another think coming I am afraid, with the possible exception of Elerewe the rest look completely  out of their depth.
  • Options
    How long into the second half before Nige buckles and gets Stockley into the action, does he really want to win this game.
  • Options
    Another think??
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!