Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v AFC Wimbledon | Tuesday 10th August | 7:45PM | Match Preview | Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    And, how many games before we test the opposition goalie this season, one and a half so far. I have heard from a first hand source that Sandgaard thinks we can get out of this division by being self sufficient.
    Dream on Tommy.
  • Options
    Not much squad depth.
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Roddy at left back got completly skinned for the goal, only in the team as he's Geds son , like others have said I dont want to jump on the bandwagon but he clearly isnt anywhre near good enough. I really hope this isnt the reason we havent signed a left back

I really don’t think Adkins would play him just because he is Ged’s son. Maybe he is currently the best option we have at left back.

Clearly, Nige is playing him as it's the Reading connection, Ged's arranging a brown envelope on the next transfer (which is why they're dragging on) to be paid into Adkins' Caiman account.

#readingmafia

• Options
    Is it the players or Adkins tactics for the lack of shots? To not have a single shot on target in 1 and a half home games is tragic.
  • Options
    I'm so annoyed we are going to be out of this prestigious event.

It's the League Cup. Still a prestigious event for many of us and would like us to do well. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    At game. Poor goal to concede Roddy done and free little bloke on the far side almost apologetically scored. No Gunter to deal with it.
    Wimbledon probably the better team and generally on top. Charlton disjointed. Hope to see a better second half.
    If we are fortunate enough to equalise is it extra time?
    No extra time - straight to pens 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We're switching the play nicely to Clayden and Ghandor but the crosses aren't finding our players.

Couple of chances to stop the cross that lead to their goal not taken. First Roddy and then, I think, Deji.

Roddy cleared off the line a little later.

Davison not having any joy against their centre half but he's not getting much support either.

Albie trying to make things happen but we're not clicking as a team.

Wimbledon don't look anything special. No idea how strong a side they have put out.

Dean Kiely here scouting. 

Seems to be an intruder in the east stand at half time being chased by stewards.
    Crap song
    Nothing rhymes 
  • Options
    We're switching the play nicely to Clayden and Ghandor but the crosses aren't finding our players.

Couple of chances to stop the cross that lead to their goal not taken. First Roddy and then, I think, Deji.

Davison not having any joy against their centre half but he's not getting much support either.

Wimbledon don't look anything special. No idea how strong a side they have put out.

Seems to be an intruder in the east stand at half time being chased by stewards.
    Richard Murray?
  • Options

Leave the most exciting bit to last, why don't you?
  • Options
    It pisses me off how shit we are in the cups and how we have now seemingly accepted that we are crap in the cups.  

Remember how brilliant the build up was for Sheff Utd and Middlesbrough.  Worth giving them a go and a good cup run can instil a winning mentality.

• Options
    Southbank said:
    And, how many games before we test the opposition goalie this season, one and a half so far. I have heard from a first hand source that Sandgaard thinks we can get out of this division by being self sufficient.
    Dream on Tommy.
    If so then this is going to be a long season waiting for him to realise otherwise 
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Don’t mind this performance at all. Hopefully it shows everyone at the club that we can’t rely fully on these youngsters.

Might just help push a few deals on maybe
    Well we don't want too many deals going through otherwise we'll block the pathway for the youngsters ???
  • Options

It was Ronnie Schwartz 
  • Options
    I'm so annoyed we are going to be out of this prestigious event.

It's the League Cup. Still a prestigious event for many of us and would like us to do well. 
    Exactly. Shit sponsor, but it's still a proper competition.
  • Options
    Someone get a zoom on the directors box, new player back left?
  • Options
    Looking at the BBC stats, I see we’re one and a half games into the season and have yet to have a shot on target 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It pisses me off how shit we are in the cups and how we have now seemingly accepted that we are crap in the cups.  

Remember how brilliant the build up was for Sheff Utd and Middlesbrough.  Worth giving them a go and a good cup run can instil a winning mentality.

It’s actually not normal how many different owners/managers we have had and none of them seem to give a fuck about a decent cup run. 
  • Options
    Here come the sides for the second half... 45 minuted of this cup tie to go.
    #cafc | http://cafc.co.uk
  • Options
    Looking at the BBC stats, I see we’re one and a half games into the season and have yet to have a shot on target 
    Give it time.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Here come the sides for the second half... 45 minuted of this cup tie to go.
    #cafc | http://cafc.co.uk
    *cup run 
  • Options
  • Options
    I like Morgan, but his corners are not very good.
  • Options
    2/1 for a shot on target in second half 🤣
  • Options

It’s actually not normal how many different owners/managers we have had and none of them seem to give a fuck about a decent cup run. 

It's not like the sacrifice has really paid off league wise either.   Even if you get a draw to a top club and get hammered it is great for the players and the fans etc and something to look forward to.  Or even a derby in the cup v millwall or palace.

Inexplicable how poor we are and would like to see a manager start a strong team and go out to win every game with the strongest possible team.
  • Options
    Tbf I think Adkins has kind of tried to win this. 

We just have no depth and can’t risk a lot of players. Bad time for this game
  • Options
    Wimbledon's 37 and 16 are useful. Sort of players we could do with on opposite wing to DJ
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!