Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match thread: Charlton Athletic vs Sheff Wed - 07/08/21

Comments

• Just one game, I guess..

But seems poor to me. Not saying that Wednesday have been better either, They get to the final third and do a fancy flick to no-one or over hit the cross. 

Still think we're falling into the same trap from last season of over-relying on stockley, yes he's winning headers but there's no-one chasing up on the knock downs... a poor half from both teams for me. I hope it clicks into place for us more in the second half. 
  • Poor. Very poor.

Just waiting for the apologists to tell me we still have 3 weeks of the transfer window left.

Seems our tactic is to hoof the ball up to Stockley & try to win the knock down. No finesse & no guile. Absolute pants imo. 
    I know you get grief for your negativity but really cant disagree with this.

That 1st half had me falling asleep. Thats not to say sheff wed have been any better. Dog shit football. Dog shit referee. Dog shit league.
  • Laddick01 said:
    Poor ref. 

Crap division. 

Need to get out of it this season, and I dont think this squad (currently) is good enough to do that. 
    We have a chance of getting out of this league.......problem is it's by being relegated because on this showing we aren't going to be near the top. 
    That’s such an overreaction haha. You’re a grown man aren’t you?

We haven’t played our best but Wednesday aren’t bloody Cheltenham or whoever.
    He has a point 
    And he's entitled to say it
  • Bannon best player on pitch by a mile....what he is doing in this shit league is beyond me......as for us and the long ball tactics....needs to drastically improve this half 
  • Kicking it at Kermorgants head led to our best ever season. It’s a viable tactic. 

We need someone in that AM role to pick up the knock downs.
  • Watching on BeIn Sport. They think we are in League 2 from the captions. 
  • aliwibble said:
    The one good thing about games being on Sky is the ad breaks are long enough for a loo break.
    Why, you haven’t got an outside toilet have you? 😉
  • Laddick01 said:
    Poor ref. 

Crap division. 

Need to get out of it this season, and I dont think this squad (currently) is good enough to do that. 
    We have a chance of getting out of this league.......problem is it's by being relegated because on this showing we aren't going to be near the top. 

He has a point 
    After 1 game he implies we might get relegated. That not a point that’s an overreaction.
  • Well, I know it sometimes doesn’t translate all that well to the telly, but I can’t believe how shite that was. Absolutely awful football. What few neutrals tuned in would have switched off after 20mins. Desperate. 
    I am going to give the players a bit of a pass 10 mins of inactivity after 10 mins of play will have messed with the fluidity a bit. Fingers crossed for a better second half.
  • Laddick01 said:
    Poor ref. 

Crap division. 

He has a point 
    I may disagree with him on many occasions, but I would fight for golfie’s right to be a miserable bastard.
    😎
  • Sponsored links:

• Sky are awful, I’d subscribe for the football if it was advert free
  • Shame they didn’t start the season in August when the weather is warmer 
  • Not an awful half from us, referee is buying the dive from Adeniran every time.
    Diving in league 1 is quite incredible. I almost hate him as much as Bannon now, almost.

Matthews on thin ice with the fouls as well. 
  • Good job we have all that talent on the bench to come off and win us the game. 
  • Poor ref. 

Crap division. 

Based on playing one of the best sides in the league, with arguably the best player in the league? 
    Doesn't matter who we are playing I expect us to at least string some passes together & attack with menace. We have been on the back foot for most of the half. Doesn't help we have just 1 attacking player (DJ) and a RB playing at LB. 
  • 10 right footed players. The only leftie is a non ball playing CB. 

It's showing in play aswell as predictable freekicks and corners.
  • Laddick01 said:
    Poor ref. 

Crap division. 

He has a point 
    And people are entitled to challenge it.
  • TEL said:
    Cant believe I bothered staying up for this. 3.30am and its only half time. Truly Pub league stuff that half. 
    Prague is writing a thank you letter to the EFL as we speak.
  • Laddick01 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Poor ref. 

Crap division. 

He has a point 
    After 1 game he implies we might get relegated. That not a point that’s an overreaction.
    Half a game against one of the best in the league and YES GOLFIE 26 days remaining of the transfer window.
  • Mediocre stuff really, a real lack of quality. 
  • Sponsored links:

• It's one half on the first game of the season, everyone calm down jesus christ 🤣
  • Ha ha, imagine thinking you know how the whole season will go based on a 45 minutes of football in a 0 - 0 game. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Brown envelopes anyone? Ref? You clearly got yours!
    45 minutes into the season and we are blaming the refs already.
    45 minutes into the season and we are judging the players as not good enough already.
    But we saw most of them last season so there really isn't much to judge. They weren't really good enough then & they aren't really good enough now.
  • ct_addick said:
    45 mins of my life I’ll never get back
    54 in the end..
  • Laddick01 said:
    Kicking it at Kermorgants head led to our best ever season. It’s a viable tactic. 

We need someone in that AM role to pick up the knock downs.
    I've been saying for weeks we need a nippy striker like BWP. 
  • Back from the break, 2-sentences about Wednesdays subs then another ad
  • Late to the party...

So.  Did TS have the two Crewe lads playing air guitar next to him in the warm up?
  • Laddick01 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Poor ref. 

Crap division. 

He has a point 
    That’s just textbook golfie.
    Nothing to see here!
  • Poor ref. 

Crap division. 

... aaaaannnnddddd ...

Golfie's season has kicked off.
  • Laddick01 said:
    Poor ref. 

Crap division. 

And Wednesday are third division toilet as well.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!