Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match thread: Charlton Athletic vs Sheff Wed - 07/08/21

Comments

• Not much decent football from either side that half. We need to improve after the break.
  • Poor ref. 

Crap division. 

Need to get out of it this season, and I dont think this squad (currently) is good enough to do that. 
  • Well that was fun. At least now we know the team's playing style for this season. It's kick and rush.
  • Dirty, scrappy, football.  Where have you been?  I love you.
  • Not an awful half from us, referee is buying the dive from Adeniran every time.
  • Chunes said:
    Wednesday are a much better side. 
    Think it's been pretty even tbh... stockley and dj look class and we look solid at the back.
  • Well, that was league one football...

Bannon probably the best player on the pitch, and is doing what you would want Morgan to do. But that being said Wednesday have not really created anything, and DJ and Stockley have looked more dangerous going forwards for us.

I like the look of Dobson... a lot, and Washington has also looked decent I thought.
  • Footballs back and it's still dog shit 😭
    You can only play the opposition put in front of you B)
  • ct_addick said:
    Never been convinced by Morgan....
    Got to say I don't think this is the game to overly judge any of our players... 

Ref is making the game hard watching.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Brown envelopes anyone? Ref? You clearly got yours!
    45 minutes into the season and we are blaming the refs already.
  • Sponsored links:

• top 6 is the target - we will see 
  • edited August 2021
    We had the better chances (all from set pieces) but Wednesday keeping the ball better than us. They look more cohesive with some sharp passing and good movement. 

Ref is a typical league one tosser. Rubbish match to watch. 

I'm a bit shocked by how direct we are.  
  • Poor. Very poor.

Just waiting for the apologists to tell me we still have 3 weeks of the transfer window left.

Seems our tactic is to hoof the ball up to Stockley & try to win the knock down. No finesse & no guile. Absolute pants imo. 
  • edited August 2021
    Washington put himself about well especially defensively.

Jai needs to simple things up. But some great stuff from him

Dobson has been like a little terrior in midfield, I like him

Morgan fairly anom.

Stockley been busy and looked good, should have worked the keeper with the header.

Wednesday look better on the ball but our long ball game looks equally effective.

Decent half I'd take a point from today
  • Cant believe I bothered staying up for this. 3.30am and its only half time. Truly Pub league stuff that half. 
  • Think Morgan operates well from deeper maybe?

We’ve been between their lines so many times from Stockley’s knockdowns and produced almost nothing. Disappointing.
  • Could go either way and neither side showing much quality just yet. Feel there are goals in the game, likely from set pieces.
  • Well, surprise surprise a team which only had two new outfield players in it looks similarly limited to last season’s. Clare and Dobson add energy but no more composure on the ball. No pace and no quality in attack. No attacking impertus from fullback. Bang it towards Stockley and hope he muscles a half chance. Same old crap and it will be until more players come in. 

Fortunately Sheff Weds looks similarly shite. 

I hate league one. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Brown envelopes anyone? Ref? You clearly got yours!
    45 minutes into the season and we are blaming the refs already.
    45 minutes into the season and we are judging the players as not good enough already.
  • Poor ref. 

Crap division. 

Need to get out of it this season, and I dont think this squad (currently) is good enough to do that. 
    We have a chance of getting out of this league.......problem is it's by being relegated because on this showing we aren't going to be near the top. 
  • Sponsored links:

• TEL said:
    Cant believe I bothered staying up for this. 3.30am and its only half time. Truly Pub league stuff that half. 
    Dedication above and beyond mate B)
  • Pretty poor game from both sides so far. 
    Wednesday look more likely to score. 
    Stockley should have hit the target at least. 
    Midfield too narrow. 
    Clare looks look lively. 
    Our fullbacks aren’t good enough. 
    Need to get Morgan on the ball more. 
  • edited August 2021
    Well, I know it sometimes doesn’t translate all that well to the telly, but I can’t believe how shite that was. Absolutely awful football. What few neutrals tuned in would have switched off after 20mins. Desperate. 
  • Poor ref. 

Crap division. 

We have a chance of getting out of this league.......problem is it's by being relegated because on this showing we aren't going to be near the top. 
    Based on playing one of the best sides in the league, with arguably the best player in the league? 
  • Poor ref. 

Crap division. 

Lucky we have 45 and a half games to go isn’t it. Plus time to strengthen the squad.
  • Poor. Very poor.

Just waiting for the apologists to tell me we still have 3 weeks of the transfer window left.

Seems our tactic is to hoof the ball up to Stockley & try to win the knock down. No finesse & no guile. Absolute pants imo. 
    Don't worry mate, Sandgaard is coming on as substitute.
  • ct_addick said:
    45 mins of my life I’ll never get back
    53 actually. 
    But I get what you mean 
  • Poor ref. 

Crap division. 

That’s such an overreaction haha. You’re a grown man aren’t you?

We haven’t played our best but Wednesday aren’t bloody Cheltenham or whoever.
  • philcafc said:
    Not much decent football from either side that half. We need to improve after the break.
    Maybe make a couple of changes ......... oh scrub that, as you were lads.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!