Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2021/2022 Football League

Comments

• Options
    Yeah, I decided to 'scout' Morecambe's highlights and almost lost a monocle (I don't even have a monocle). I've learnt absolutely nothing from that, lol
  • Options
    Not as good as Claus Jensen's finish against Arsenal, but not bad... 

• Options
    Pratley sent off for a second yellow in injury time today
  • Options
    A major surprise with Accrington beating Rotherham 1-0, ended their 21 game unbeaten run
  • Options
    Nigel Adkins on punditry duty for Doncaster vs Sunderland, not watched long enough to hear if he's spoken about Charlton
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Nigel Adkins on punditry duty for Doncaster vs Sunderland, not watched long enough to hear if he's spoken about Charlton
    Slightly ironic that those were the first 2 opponents Jacko faced after Adkins was sacked!
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Slightly ironic that those were the first 2 opponents Jacko faced after Adkins was sacked!
    Doncaster and Sunderland were also Adkins first wins as Charlton manager. 
  • Options
    Bogle on at half time
  • Options
    Bogle on at half time
    Joining Matt Smith 2 and Dodoo in the Doncaster side!
  • Options
    If only we'd had them all at the same time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Under Cook, James Norwood was completely out of favour at Ipswich. Since he's been recalled, he's scored in 3 games running
  • Options
    Sunderland 3-0 up over Wednesday after 48 minutes
  • Options
    Sunderland 3-0 up over Wednesday after 48 minutes
    5-0 now
  • Options
    for all us old(ish) music fans, today's Cardiff's line up .. 2 McGuiness and 5 Flint .. took part in what sounds like a right tear up at WBA
  • Options
    Morecombe who were 3 down to Doncaster just gone 4-3 up with 5 mins remaining 
  • Options
    Madness… 0-3 HT

1-3 Stockton 52
    2-3 Stockton 74
    3-3 Obika 83
    4-3 Diagouraga 85
  • Options
    Got to wonder if we'll try to sign Stockton with the Lavelle connection
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Out of interest guys, our last 3 defeats have all been 1-0. We dont even have to do what Morecambe have done. Just need to score 2. 

13 games now since we've "done a Golfie". That is 13 games where we have conceded first & not gone on to win. Last time was at home to Bristol Rovers last season (Jacko's first caretaker game) where we actually came back from going 2-0 down to win 3-2. 

And before that it was around 35 games. So it's once in almost 50 games. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2022
    Shrewsbury beat Sheff Wed 1-0 at home. Horrible ground to go and play at this season.

Shrewsbury have now won more than half of their home games this season and have the sixth best home record in the league. That’s the best home record of any team outside the play-offs.

1 Sunderland
    2 Rotherham
    3 Oxford
    4 Wycombe
    5 Plymouth
    6 Shrewsbury
    12 Wigan (the other playoff team)
    14 Charlton
  • Options
    I think what it highlights is that we’ve had a tricky run of games through December. Shrewsbury, Plymouth and Wycombe (3rd best away team in the league) are no mugs.

Hopefully with league games against Crewe, Cheltenham and Fleetwood on the horizon, we can pick up 6, 7 or 9 points.
  • Options
    I think what it highlights is that we’ve had a tricky run of games through December. Shrewsbury, Plymouth and Wycombe (3rd best away team in the league) are no mugs.

Hopefully with league games against Crewe, Cheltenham and Fleetwood on the horizon, we can pick up 6, 7 or 9 points.
    We've certainly put a little bit of pressure on ourselves to get something from those.
  • Options
    Out of interest guys, our last 3 defeats have all been 1-0. We dont even have to do what Morecambe have done. Just need to score 2. 

13 games now since we've "done a Golfie". That is 13 games where we have conceded first & not gone on to win. Last time was at home to Bristol Rovers last season (Jacko's first caretaker game) where we actually came back from going 2-0 down to win 3-2. 

And before that it was around 35 games. So it's once in almost 50 games. 
    The HT Away, FT Home bet used to be my bet over the years, it would come in at least once in a season, with odds around the 30's, I would be up over the season. Generally it would happen once in a season , occasionally twice in the season. 
  • Options
    A result that sends last seasons play off finalists Lincoln into the relegation zone.
  • Options
    That's a devastating defeat for Doncaster. Their confidence will be rock bottom after that triple Golfie
  • Options

2 out of those 3 games are away.......and our away form has been dire this season. 

If I had to stick my neck out I'd say 5 points max.
  • Options
    A result that sends last seasons play off finalists Lincoln into the relegation zone.
    i m o Lincoln's plight is down to an over reliance on loaned players over the past two seasons .. I have heard that a few of the better players are unhappy at being refused a move to bigger clubs, all this as well as a failure to recognize what is their best back four .. last but not least, manager Appleton has recently been affected by cancer .

some recent comments
    Michael Appleton makes Lincoln City transfer declaration ahead of January window - Lincolnshire Live
  • Options
    The Lincoln manager must be under pressure. I reckon this person is waiting to take over

• Options
    Got to wonder if we'll try to sign Stockton with the Lavelle connection
    you commented elsewhere on the possibility that Stockton might be similar to (e.g.) Ajose, a one season/one club wonder .. looking at his career scoring record that could well be the case .. Cole Stockton - Wikipedia