Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What Charlton pubs are still open?

Comments

• Options
    The Bugle Horn, The Royal Oak, The Rose of Denmark, the Anchor & Hope & The White Horse.
  • Options
    clive said:
    The Bugle Horn, The Royal Oak, The Rose of Denmark, the Anchor & Hope & The White Horse.
    Thought The White Horse had closed?
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    clive said:
    Reopened about a year ago.
  • Options
    I believe there will be a new pub/restaurant opening up on The Woolwich Road, part of the Valley House flats.

I really miss the old Lib club, it was never the same when it reopened. The Rose of Denmark on the other hand is hideous. Is it still ran by that old witch? A proper old school moany cow!
  • Options
    Pop-up Pub, The Green Goddess will be open in the Charlton House gardens...The Green Goddess | Brewpub | London. Worth mentioning the River Ale House which is an Addicks favourite too. 

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    Pop-up Pub, The Green Goddess will be open in the Charlton House gardens...The Green Goddess | Brewpub | London. Worth mentioning the River Ale House which is an Addicks favourite too. 

8/10
  • Options
    Bartrams and The Fans' Bar

Also I hear you can get 20% off every drink if you are a season ticket holder.

I'll be in the Radical
    Every drink ? wow
  • Options
    I assume all the pubs around charlton are the pre pandemic turn up and have a beer?  No booking/apps/have to be seated etc?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I really miss the old Liberal club too, hated the refurb, lived the fact everything was falling apart but there was loads of space and the barstaff were spot on and the beer was decent 
  • Options
    clive said:
    cafc999 said:
    clive said:

Bar and Bistro. fancy. tad expensive and i don't usually carry dollars with me. https://whitehorsecharlton.com/

• Options
    clive said:
    cafc999 said:
    clive said:

Bar and Bistro. fancy. tad expensive and i don't usually carry dollars with me. https://whitehorsecharlton.com/

Bit of a stretch trying to claim it's on the peninsula too!
  • Options
    The White Horse is all a bit weird if you search online on different sites.
    One site says it's 2 miles from the The Shard, then it seems to be talking about Bermondsey accommodation.
    The site above looks plush, but Facebook looks average etc.
    Has anyone actually been there in the last month or so?
  • Options
    if you’re of you’re walking from the river ale house you do end up walking past the Angerstein Hotel which is not only run by Millwall but is also the closest away pub now to the ground. 
  • Options
    if you’re of you’re walking from the river ale house you do end up walking past the Angerstein Hotel which is not only run by Millwall but is also the closest away pub now to the ground. 
    I was told the other day the Angerstien  had shut down 
  • Options
    The White Horse is all a bit weird if you search online on different sites.
    One site says it's 2 miles from the The Shard, then it seems to be talking about Bermondsey accommodation.
    The site above looks plush, but Facebook looks average etc.
    Has anyone actually been there in the last month or so?
    Walked past it twice last week. There were tables outside and offers on drinks. Flats are being built around it so the move upmarket will probably be on hold for a while.
  • Options
    Covered in scaffolding and being converted to multiple occupancy accommodation. In theory a pub could reopen on the ground floor but I wouldn't hold my breath.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Crusty54 said:
    Covered in scaffolding and being converted to multiple occupancy accommodation. In theory a pub could reopen on the ground floor but I wouldn't hold my breath.
    Cheers
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wasn't the Victoria being refurbished?
  • Options
    Can someone just do a pub crawl tomorrow and let us know what's what?
    Surely someone's up to the task?
  • Options
    Clive is free tomorrow, I gather.
  • Options
    The Green Goddess is cracking. Great, well kept ale in a nice setting run by good people. 

The RAH is a cracker too and the owner is a season ticket holder.

Still miss the White Sean tho.
  • Options
    Bugle horn is always my go too. Always get parked in there. And have a few post match drinks to let the traffic die down a bit.
  • Options
    Clive is free tomorrow, I gather.
    Clives busy on the covid thread 
  • Options
    Happy to nip into the Rose on Friday to see what plans are in place,think I need to pay my bonus ball as well
  • Options
    Happy to nip into the Rose on Friday to see what plans are in place,think I need to pay my bonus ball as well
    I'm presuming it will be full of Massives.
  • Options
    🙋‍♂️