Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ipswich Champions Already??

Comments

• Options
    Are Ipswich massively underachieving , did they put out a weak team v Barrow?
  • Options
    Are Ipswich massively underachieving , did they put out a weak team v Barrow?
    Not really.. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59479785
  • Options
    Let's hope they are not eyeing up Jacko,...that would be a kick in the bollox :#
  • Options
    I’m very tempted to name all the Lifers who were touting Cook to be our manager.

But it would be very wrong to do that. >:)

You know who you are…

He'd probably still be our best option available if Jackson wasn't doing so well, this is the sort of post that could look very silly in a year I don't think Cook is suddenly a bad manager and a bit of a daft sacking from the outside
  • Options
    But some appointments do end up looking silly despite all the evidence, look at Howe at Burnley, one of the brightest young English managers about and he looked like Karel Fraeye up there. Cook could be the right manager, wrong place at Ipswich.
  • Options
    Doesn't look as though all Ipswich fans agree with the decision
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    I’m very tempted to name all the Lifers who were touting Cook to be our manager.

You know who you are…

He'd probably still be our best option available if Jackson wasn't doing so well, this is the sort of post that could look very silly in a year I don't think Cook is suddenly a bad manager and a bit of a daft sacking from the outside
    Its pre- Jackson, isnt it, though? Goes back to Bow time. Yammering on about him as if he were the new Guardiola. And then all the great players they bought, whom we should have bought, according to the same people. I have no problem with people writing that they think Cook seems to have done a good job, or that maybe Joe Piggott could be lured back. It was the tone of it all. Suggesting TS was dumb, or worse, for not bowing to their collective “wisdom”. My post might look silly a year from now, but I will risk it. Quite a few posts definitely look silly, right now. 

Go on Prague get your list out, you know you want to... B)
  • Options

You know who you are…

Its pre- Jackson, isnt it, though? Goes back to Bow time. Yammering on about him as if he were the new Guardiola. And then all the great players they bought, whom we should have bought, according to the same people. I have no problem with people writing that they think Cook seems to have done a good job, or that maybe Joe Piggott could be lured back. It was the tone of it all. Suggesting TS was dumb, or worse, for not bowing to their collective “wisdom”. My post might look silly a year from now, but I will risk it. Quite a few posts definitely look silly, right now. 
    To be fair he lasted longer in his job than the manager who TS did actually appoint and was  in a better position when sacked than the manager that TS did actually appoint….
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Well on previous record at that time he was the clear stand-out manager to appoint compared to all the other names being chucked around, and we ended up appointing Nigel Adkins so I don't think we really had the last laugh over Ipswich. TS clearly made the wrong decision as he ended up having to sack Nigel not long after.

Cook has a very strong track record in this division with this being one of his worst seasons in it so far, and considering all their signings you'd have thought they'd have given him a bit longer for it to gel considering they aren't fighting relegation or anything like that.

I absolutely adore Jacko and obviously think he should get the job, but at the same time I'd just be careful of us being sure he is a better manager than an experienced generally successful manager off a really successful interim spell. 
  • Options
    Well I wanted Cook or the Cowleys as manager  ;)

Certainly more than Adkins, who at time I was thought was a bit yesterday's man.

Shocking result today, an unwanted replay
  • Options
    Ipswich are 11th and 4 points above the resurgent Charlton and will finish above us even with the most prolific of marksmen in Bonne 
  • Options
    Ipswich have splurged money and splurged it early. People on here bought into all that as did the locals. Its not that simple to achieve succesd. I’m not sure Thomas has the right set up yet but I believe he has the right approach. Ipswich didnt and they end up sacking a manager who is probably quite OK if not the effing Messiah. Who they gonna get who is better? 
  • Options
    Well I wanted Cook or the Cowleys as manager  ;)

Certainly more than Adkins, who at time I was thought was a bit yesterday's man.

Shocking result today, an unwanted replay
    Better than what the Cowleys did against Harrogate. 
    Both are one-off results. Sacking managers after such games looks suspiciously like knee-jerk, even if behind the scenes its been coming. Equally the idea that Jacko as manager depends on Ipswich result is equally knee-jerk. I respect the idea that TS needs time to evaluate after his failure with Adkins. But by now the evidence of a sea-change in results is pretty overwhelming. Whats the point in waiting to see about Ipswich.? What if we lose? Is he going to sack him for that?? 
    Its good in business not to make knee jerk decisions. But equally, if you procrastinate, you find that someone made the decision for you. 
  • Options
    Let's hope they are not eyeing up Jacko,...that would be a kick in the bollox :#
    We’ll be ok, last 3 managers at Ipswich have been called Paul..
  • Options
    Personally i think it just shows short-sightedness from the owners.

How many players did they sign in the summer? 15? 20? Whatever it was it was practically an entire new squad, you can't just stick them together and hope they gel immediately. After a terrible start they had moved gradually up the table, and i reckon would still have made the play offs with him in charge.
  • Options
    EveshamAddick said:
    We’ll be ok, last 3 managers at Ipswich have been called Paul..

• Options
    edited December 2021

You know who you are…

Your post ‘might’ look silly in the future. The posts praying for  Cook already are silly. You win in my books

edif: I was so passionate about agreeing with with you I didn’t finish reading your post. I’ve basically just copied your post!
  • Options
    Getting outclassed by Barrow at the moment 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Getting outclassed by Barrow at the moment 
    Ipswich probably hitting rock bottom. If their fans kicked off after losing to us they are not going to be happy about this 
  • Options
    A changed team, but one with enough quality to win this sort of game
  • Options
    Watched the last 30 mins last night and one thing for me that stuck out was that both the manager and his assistant were just sitting on the bench looking out of ideas. Dyer even laughed at one stage. 
  • Options
    Damn I had a large bet on Ipswich doing the double!!!
  • Options
    I do find this quite funny. An American pension fund enters the English Football marketplace and throws a bit of dosh about fully expecting to reach dizzy heights. If only football was that easy eh 
  • Options
    My brother in law is not amused being a Tractor Boy

I'm loving it 
  • Options

How many players did they sign in the summer? 15? 20? Whatever it was it was practically an entire new squad, you can't just stick them together and hope they gel immediately. After a terrible start they had moved gradually up the table, and i reckon would still have made the play offs with him in charge.
    Didn't SCP sign about the same number in his first full season...... just saying

• Options
    edited December 2021

Didn't SCP sign about the same number in his first full season...... just saying

The difference is, or one of the differences, is Powell signed those players for specific reasons.  Ipswich didn't. 

Their choice of new manager is very intresting, I assume Paul Mckenna wasn't available. 
  • Options
    At least they can concentrate on the league now...