Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ipswich Champions Already??

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2021
    sam3110 said:
    Chunes said:
    Apparently, the Ipswich fans have been chanting "Chequebook FC" during friendlies. What a bunch of idiots.

On a separate note, from the way Paul Cook talks in the post-match Millwall interview, it sounds as though his squad and his system are a complete mess at the moment. LB wasn't talking rubbish when he spoke about how hard it was having to start over each season.
    Don't you remember people dressing up as sheikhs and signing "we're fucking rich" when Nimer first took over?
    Bit of a difference. "Chequebook FC" is something you might say to a City/Chelsea fan as an insult. Like they're not even a club, just a chequebook. I can't imagine why you would chant it from your own terraces. 
  • Options
    Don't tell the Spanners they are "well run" FFS!  They'll be trashing kiddies playgrounds and flambe'ing police horses left right and centre!
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    The reason they lost is yesterday is they were up against Millwallona.
    Has to be said quite impressive B)
    Definitely…makes it look like they are playing a team of strangers from a lower league in a pre season friendly 
  • Options
    Can we close this thread because apparently the massive are now going to run away with it.....

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Can we close this thread because apparently the massive are now going to run away with it.....

By Christmas, we’ll have threads like this for 10-12 other league one sides. 
  • Options
    I've had £50 on them to win the league so it's likely they won't 
  • Options
    Interesting thoughts from Sam Morsy on Accrington. He wasn’t impressed with their style and one of their players kicking the ball out the ground to waste time.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/sam-morsy-on-itfc-accrington-stanley-loss-8381944
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Interesting thoughts from Sam Morsy on Accrington. He wasn’t impressed with their style and one of their players kicking the ball out the ground to waste time.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/sam-morsy-on-itfc-accrington-stanley-loss-8381944
    Embarrising comments really. Granted what he actually says in the article has slightly more context than that however I always think it's just sour grapes when players or managers come out criticising other teams styles of play or trying to belittle teams with comments such as those. 

There's probably a reason Accrington play as they do and it's because they have about a tenth of the budget Ipswich have, at the end of the day you play to your strengths and its clearly worked well for Accrington so far so why would they change just because Ipswich players couldn't compete with them yesterday.

I'd be pretty confident saying Accrington's team all together cost less than the fee Ipswich paid for Morsy and I bet he earns more than mkst of their squad put together as well. He'd be much better focusing on his own team's performance than trying to belittle another team.

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Bloody Ipswich..and what a div that Sam Morsy guy  is, all that is missing is the  "don't they know who we are" comment, Accrington upstarts daring to play the dirty game to the apparent champs elect... bloody Ipshite.
    Well you bunch of "too big to be in this league" twats, that is where you are on merrit, so bloody get used to it, it ain't much fun is it, may you continue downwards.. B)
  • Options
    Scoham said:

What a tosser … got the result they deserved 
  • Options
    I think they will be taking this back for a refund.  We, of course never bothered buying any...

• Options
    Ex Charlton academy product Harry Pell scored the 2nd for Accrington.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
  • Options
    Short memories in the few posts above. 
    Accrington were indeed horrible & dirty at The Valley 3 seasons ago.
    They caused that almighty scrap when I think they kicked one of ours on the ground.
    I recall most of us were outraged with their antics. 
    There’s no more double standard/cry baby fan than some Charlton fans .. the ref and the whole world are against us 
  • Options
    Given their start to the season, Morecambe H, Burton A, Cheltenham A, MK Dons H, Wimbledon H, Bolton H, Lincoln A, Sheff Weds H, Doncaster H, Accrington A, their run has been terrible.

Cook has to be under pressure to win their next 2 (Shrewsbury and Cambridge) or he'll be gone surely.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ipswich are in a similar position to us in that they have had a large turnover of players and are definitely not performing yet.  If Atkins is under pressure then cook is probably under a little bit more pressure which is quite surprising because I think he’s a very good manager, it’s just not working. My brother-in-law is an Ipswich fan and he said fans are generally not happy there. 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    I heard the players have to listen to Ed Sheeran records in the dressing room to motivate them……..
  • Options
    I heard the players have to listen to Ed Sheeran records in the dressing room to motivate them……..
    It would motivate me to leave the dressing room... 
  • Options
    At least the paper remain positive....stating they are 9 points off of top 6....not 1 point outside relegation places  :)
  • Options
    Short memories in the few posts above. 
    Accrington were indeed horrible & dirty at The Valley 3 seasons ago.
    They caused that almighty scrap when I think they kicked one of ours on the ground.
    I recall most of us were outraged with their antics. 
    Fans are entitled to moan about opponents, it's not a great look when players do it. 

I imagine future opponents will note their soft underbelly and try to rough them up
  • Options
    All we heard throughout the summer from Radio Suffolk was how "The Town" were already promoted as champions.  They have gone a little quiet on that subject recently.  Evidently the team still need to gel, heard that somewhere else I think.
  • Options
    Sacked Paul Cook.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Sacked Paul Cook.
    Just in time for Tuesday. Great 
  • Options
    Amazed it took so long