Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life is (nearly) fifteen years old!

Comments

• Options
    Happy birthday!
  • Options
    Joined in August 2006 after I think 04MCS directed me here.

The lookie likely thread was a classic. The ‘Jeremy Fischer’ looking like someone from when we hired the valley pitch for a couple of charity games had me doubled up laughing.
  • Options
    January 2007 - how many days/weeks/months of work time must I have wasted on here!
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited July 2021
    October 2007, think my original moniker on netaddicks was Addickted 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    August 2006. Emigrated from Netaddicks. Was just a kid when I started posting on there, which definitely showed. I thought I'd miss the 'rivals' aspect of the other board, with other teams popping in and out, but CL is the web's finest football forum. 
  • Options
    Happy Birthday CL ! I was 'on the bench' for a few years before making my debut in July 2010...so must be my anniversary too eh?
  • Options
    A Johnny come lately having joined in Feb 2008

used to post on original BBC 606 site and on Charltonbabes before finding this site. 

Honestly don’t think been a day since that I have not logged on here. 

My morning routine is wake up, check bbc sport and news headlines then straight into here. 

The collective knowledge on here is amazing
  • Options
    Can't remember how or why but I joined in August 2006 so must be due a long service badge soon. I remained a happy carefree poster until 2012 when I offered to help with the players marks ands statbank and have been locked in the basement of AFKA Towers ever since, thinks I'll stay for another year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    May 2012 I joined - stumbled across the site, can’t remember how - one of my first posts was taken down because I put a link in it to the Charlton forum that must not be named !!!

It’s part of my daily routine now - BBC website, followed by CL 

Whilst we sometimes moan about comments / other posters, this forum is streets ahead of any other forum I have looked at

My favourite thread is the one where people posted their photos from May 2019 play off final
  • Options
    Joined in March 2011. If I had to guess, I would've put it earlier than that. And like many of people have said, I've been on every day since then. 
  • Options
    Joined in August 2006 or so it says on my profile though it seems only last week. Favourite has to be the famous Take over thread.
  • Options
    Joined in December 06 coming over from Netaddicks. 

Charltonlife is a great site and has become a part of supporting Charlton for me. 
  • Options
    August 2006, followed my Bruv here from the Babes forum.

Spent far too much time on it at the beginning, then I got a proper job & had to give it up for a while.

Now I’m retired & a goat farmer I can fill my boots.

Pains me to say it but the takeover thread will take some beating. It saw me through the worst of my Lyme years.

Happy Birthday CL 🎂❤️
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    Fifteen years old?

Time we started acting like it then.
    Your Mum.
    brilliant!
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Relatively new to the forum, and will be celebrating my 1st birthday 18th August, so not even at nursery compared to all you teenagers ;) , the shenanigans/takeover thread must be my  "memorable" thread, still dipping my toe in the water with some posts, but what a great experience this forum is, so Happy Birthday to CL, and thanks to @AFKABartram for starting it up B)
  • Options
    Joined 2012 and still feel a bit like the 'new boy.'
    Always enjoy seeing photos of Lifers which invariably confounds how one imagined them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addickted said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    Fifteen years old?

Time we started acting like it then.
    Your Mum.
    Get to bed!
  • Options
    Joined in 2014 from my uni halls. Stumbled upon this place due to the constant rantings about it by a certain club sec's wife on the FB group. I soon realised it was a much better environment with a lot of laughs even tho very little sense actually gets written.

I do want to know what Mrs AFKA things of this place!
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    and it don't seem a day too much ..  <3:'(:)
  • Options
    Seem to remember AFKA asking a few of us from Netaddicks to join the Charlton life test site and put some crap on - so there was something there when it went live.  The theme of posting crap has continued for 15 years :-)

Mind you a lot of alcohol has been consumed since,  so it may not have happened that way at all.  Anyway, August 2006 for me.  A seldom poster but avid lurker.  
  • Options
    August 2006 and I was in an internet cafe on holiday in Turkey, having told the GF I needed to check 'work emails'. 

There was a link to this site posted on Addickted.net, and being curious, clicked it.
    It was the first day or 2 of the new Charlton Life forum and an hour went by before the GF dragged me out by my shirt collar.

Once home, I was a lurker for a week or 2 and then signed up.
    Since then, big chunks of my working life have gone missing. :smile:

My first forum was BBC 606, where my username was Alan Cautiously.
    Thereafter spent time on Addickted and Charlton Babes.

There's been some good times on here and met some good people at matches, too numerous to mention - fond memories of the pre-match sessions in the Lib and the CLIT trip to Yeovil in the monsoon.

Then there was playing for Charlton Life FC at the Meridian, with our games against the supporters teams of Charlton's opponents.
    And the legendary Demelza matches at The Valley in 2007 ..... where we realised our childhood dreams to play on the sacred turf.

• Options
    Just had a look to see I've been on here for 12 years! Very much a lurker for the first few years. The 2019 play-off thread has to be a favourite; plus anything else where there's some humour involved. I forgive Golfie for the Rumours thread because he is massively helpful on the Savings and Investments thread. And of course at times the Takeover thread was getting checked minute by minute! Paulie's recent thread and the support it (inadvertently) generated shows the site at its very best.
  • Options
    The takeover thread from the start of May to August Bank holiday in 2018 was my favourite 
  • Options
    Redskin said:
    Joined 2012 and still feel a bit like the 'new boy.'
    Always enjoy seeing photos of Lifers which invariably confounds how one imagined them.
    I don’t believe you and any proof you can show me has been tampered with 😉