Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Loan Shortlist

With it increasingly difficult to sign players from other clubs without spending silly money, the loan market could play a massive part for the teams fighting for promotion. 

This is my shortlist of players most have some experience of this league, wonder how many will end up at clubs in league one if we be linked or sign any. Anyone to add?

Center-Backs:
Rasmus Nicolaisen (24) Midtjylland 
Mark Mcguinness (20) Cardiff 
Tinji Akinola (22) West Ham
Fredrick Alves Ibsen (21) West Ham
TJ Eyoma (21) Spurs

Left-Backs:
Cameron Pring (23) Bristol City 
Dominic Thompson (20) Brentford

Center Mids:

George Byers (25) Swansea 
Harvey White (19) Spurs 
Callum Slattery (22) Southampton
Nick Freeman (25) Wycombe
Regan Slater (21) Sheff Utd
Reece Brown (25) Huddersfield
Robbie Gotts (21) Leeds United

Wide:
Gavin Whyte (25) Cardiff
Brennan Johnson (21) Notts Forest
Brandon Braker (24) Rangers

Strikers:
Morgan Rogers (18) Man City
Elliot Lee (26) Luton 
Callum Morton (21) West Brom
Tyreece John-Jules (20) Arsenal

Comments

• Some good players there.
  • Tyreece John-Julies is one we couldn't get last season due to the embargo. 

Really wouldn't surprise me if he was one we went for. 
  • Imagine that Morgan Rogers will be loaned to a Championship club

Be ridiculous if Brennan Johnson doesnt get a chance at Nottm Forest instead of being loaned out
  • Bumped into Cameron Pring in a night club once, he was off his nut - very funny, Cameron Ping as i call him. 
  • Ibsen would be great.

He's a Master Builder from the back.
  • Imagine that Morgan Rogers will be loaned to a Championship club

Be ridiculous if Brennan Johnson doesnt get a chance at Nottm Forest instead of being loaned out
    Rogers would be a fantastic signing but I can't see him coming to League 1 again , another City product like Liam Delap that will want Championship football

Talk that Forest might even cash in on Johnson , interest from Brentford it seems. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Imagine that Morgan Rogers will be loaned to a Championship club

Rogers would be a fantastic signing but I can't see him coming to League 1 again , another City product like Liam Delap that will want Championship football

Talk that Forest might even cash in on Johnson , interest from Brentford it seems. 
    Still only 18, it's not as if Rogers set L1 alight when he joined Lincoln.

John-Jules similarly wasn't as effective as I was expecting, after looking really good when Donnie outplayed us
  • If we are going to play a player who is around 20/21 with very little league 1 experience then I'd prefer to play of of OUR youngsters.
  • I do wonder if United will loan out Charlie McNeill or put him straight into the 1st team? 
  • Addickted said:
    Ibsen would be great.

Sometimes I'm wasted on here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Addickted said:
    Addickted said:
    Ibsen would be great.

Sometimes I'm wasted on here.
    I got the gag and lol’d it. Tough crowd today
  • If we are going to play a player who is around 20/21 with very little league 1 experience then I'd prefer to play of of OUR youngsters.
    Unless they’re another Cullen, Bielik or Gallagher...
  • edited July 2021
    This is a good idea to discuss youngsters we can look at on loan . 

I don't know U23 football that well so am grateful for this thread.

Any Arsenal or Chelsea youngsters to throw into the mix?
    this .. give them a chance, if they are good enough to be earning good money in the academy, then they should be worthy of consideration for the first team, else, what's the point of funding and running an expensive academy ?
    this .. give them a chance, if they are good enough to be earning good money in the academy, then they should be worthy of consideration for the first team, else, what's the point of funding and running an expensive academy ?
    When do you give them a chance until?  January when we realise they aren't good/ready enough then loan some others in?

If they are good enough they will play, if they were good enough they would have played last season.

There is no conspiracy that we have an u23s squad full of "oven ready" league 1 players but just choose not to use them for "reasons". 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    If we are going to play a player who is around 20/21 with very little league 1 experience then I'd prefer to play of of OUR youngsters.
    When do you give them a chance until?  January when we realise they aren't good/ready enough then loan some others in?

If they are good enough they will play, if they were good enough they would have played last season.

There is no conspiracy that we have an u23s squad full of "oven ready" league 1 players but just choose not to use them for "reasons". 
    any player brought into the club on loan or for a fee is a gamble .. look at the number of absolute duffers who've been signed over the past few years .. 'if they are good enough they would have played last season' .. time has moved on; players have got old and fucked, others have matured and are ready .. get with the programmes f f s
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    If we are going to play a player who is around 20/21 with very little league 1 experience then I'd prefer to play of of OUR youngsters.

any player brought into the club on loan or for a fee is a gamble .. look at the number of absolute duffers who've been signed over the past few years .. 'if they are good enough they would have played last season' .. time has moved on; players have got old and fucked, others have matured and are ready .. get with the programmes f f s
    Hence if they “were” good enough. It might be that some have improved and are now ready.
  • edited July 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:

Wtf are you talking about?  Not sure what getting fucked has got to do with it either. 

If they ARE good enough NOW they will play.  If they WERE good enough LAST SEASON they would have played. 

Do you honestly believe we have players that are good/ready enough but choose not to play them?   Because that's what your saying. 

• Some good players there.
    Would take Gavin Whyte, who can also ay off a big man up top.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Tyreece John-Julies is one we couldn't get last season due to the embargo. 

Really wouldn't surprise me if he was one we went for. 
    Has his stint on Red Dwarf ended?
  • Sponsored links:

Yep, you would think so ...... until you compare one of our youngsters to those highly rated at a big Premier League club, who may already be making progress through the international ranks.

And if we don't sign him, you can bet one of our League One rivals will instead.

• edited July 2021
    Oggy Red said:
    Yep, you would think so ...... until you compare one of our youngsters to those highly rated at a big Premier League club, who may already be making progress through the international ranks.

And if we don't sign him, you can bet one of our League One rivals will instead.

so y'all advocate a 'loans race' ? .. idiocy in the long run .. I'd rather see players (as I have said 'til I am bored with saying it) who are homegrown playing for THEIR club, their shirt ..
    we have become too dependant on loans, Bielik, Curran, Gallagher .. yes they are great for SHORT TERM success, then they scarper to bigger clubs and we don't have the resources to replace them, because the mangers (e.g. Bowyer) in their 'wisdom' have not prepared our own academy graduates for extended runs, even occasional fill in roles in the first team   ..
     promotion followed by instant relegation, followed by missing out on the play offs, due lack of consistent selection and player recruitment/utilisation, loanee Gallagher goes, we collapse, for example ..
     and ' those highly rated (youngsters) at a big Premier League club, who may already be making progress through the international ranks' ?? they will NOT be playing at L1 level, they will be at Championship  or struggling Premier level .. how many loan players from last season really made a difference ? .. NO chaps, GIVE OUR YOUNGSTERS A CHANCE .. or close the academy (like Brentford) and rely on signings, admit that there is no point in wasting money on kids who are not deemed good enough for the first team except the odd success like Morgan .. come on Nigel, be brave and give the kids a go, or at least the players like Davison and Morgan who have 'paid their dues' and deserve a shot
  • Lincs your argument about short term success but then they move on is silly. What about Pope, Gomez, Konsa, Shelvey, Lookman, Doughty, Grant. All players who came through our youth teams and were sold on, so in that respect was no different except the club got money for them. If a loan player is going to improve us it's a no brainer. We should definitely be using our youth system, but when they are good enough not just because they came through our academy. 
    Those you mention have all moved on, mostly quite a while back, as you say for money which is long spent/wasted.

The subject of loaning players is a matter of opinion.  I am sick of having to depend on MY Club acting as a rehearsal/audition gig for the trialling of players from 'bigger' clubs and that is why I am so pleased we have signed Stockley. At least if he has success before Christmas, Preston can't move him on to another club for a bigger fee
  • edited July 2021
    What's so funny @Lincsaddick?  What part of that isn't true?  What part is funny?

Or did you mean to press the disagree button but haven't got a scooby what you actually disagree with? 

• Cafc43v3r said:
    What's so funny @Lincsaddick?  What part of that isn't true?  What part is funny?

Or did you mean to press the disagree button but haven't got a scooby what you actually disagree with? 

lol
  • edited July 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:

lol
    Now you have put it like that obviously you are right.  We would have absolutely been better playing some kids who weren't READY instead of Maatsen, Akin, Millar and Stockley etc last season.  All it need led was a grown up response like "lol" and I was convinced.

But that's debates for you lmao. 
  • Might be a bit of a gamble and probably unlikely villa would want to loan him but Carney Chukwuemenka would be an interesting one to go for. Not 18 until October but he is very good and I'd be interested to see how he did in L1.
  • edited July 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

lol
    Now you have put it like that obviously you are right.  We would have absolutely been better playing some kids who weren't READY instead of Maatsen, Akin, Millar and Stockley etc last season.  All it need led was a grown up response like "lol" and I was convinced.

But that's debates for you lmao. 
    well we didn't do so well with Famewo, Maatsen and Millar did we, perhaps you recall, we are still in L1 and 'Akin' missed 1/2 the season through injury ..  was Maatsen (well overrated but he looks cute) any better than Purrington, did Millar make a big difference ? the thing is, IT'S ALL A MATTER OF OPINION, mine, yours, Bowyer's etc. etc. And of course, ours count for absolutely nothing in this particular case

The one  obvious success was Stockley who we have signed as OUR player (excuse the use of the possessive pronouns) and as a matter of interest, a few years back, when he was at Exeter, I advocated that we sign him (no one at CAFC took heed), better late than never. We will never know if 'playing the kids' would have been a better option than selecting loanees because it never happened.

And as for the REALLY successful loanees we have had recently, Bielik (not Beilik as you typed earlier) Cullen and Gallagher, it's so frustrating because they are allowed to play beautifully, to lead us on and then they are told by their real masters to run away to play with someone else leaving us bereft and heartbroken. Of course their excellent (mostly) or rubbish (other loanees you have mentioned) performances did not allow space for any of OUR own young players to get a game, probably because part of the loan arrangements decree that the loanee plays a minimum number of games even if they play so poorly that they stink the place out .

I'll say AGAIN, I dislike our first team being used to showcase other club's players even if they were used way back by Curbishley. Powell and various uncle Tom Cobbleys. It's expediency, not progress.  I find it unsatisfactory, although of course, given the current state of play, like wearing masks and putting up with incompetent politicians, the loan market in professional football is a regrettable fact of life and a cross I must bear. My arguments and opinions, like yours are all hypothetical and wishful thinking. You disagree with me, so what, now run along and l y f a o some more