Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Does the weather make you tired?

2»

Comments

• I feel more tired this year, since I've been jabbed. Coincidence?
    It's been bad for hayfever - do you suffer?
    I get hayfever and usually get a nasal spray from the GP. I've been taking it for ages and started to read about long term effects (a nose like Daniella Westbrook) and decided to bin it.
    Ooh, which one was that? I use Beconase
  • I feel more tired this year, since I've been jabbed. Coincidence?
    It's been bad for hayfever - do you suffer?
    I get hayfever and usually get a nasal spray from the GP. I've been taking it for ages and started to read about long term effects (a nose like Daniella Westbrook) and decided to bin it.
    Ooh, which one was that? I use Beconase
    Avamys. It’s a prescription one so, I’m guessing, stronger than the over the counter ones. I was given it a few years ago to use all year round and even though I get a repeat every month no one has questioned it. I googled ‘how long can you use steroid nasal sprays for?’ and was put off! I can’t say not taking it makes any difference, except my nose might not fall apart!!
    I’m sure over the counter stuff used in hay fever season is fine.
  • I dont think for me it's just the weather.
    Ive been like it for years.
    Take this morning was asleep by 11.30pm last night had a good nights kip.
    Awoke this morning at 06.45. Down the dump and cafe by 10am and I've just had an hours kip.
    I could now stay awake till 3pm and then have another hour.
  • clb74 said:
    I dont think for me it's just the weather.
    Ive been like it for years.
    Take this morning was asleep by 11.30pm last night had a good nights kip.
    Awoke this morning at 06.45. Down the dump and cafe by 10am and I've just had an hours kip.
    I could now stay awake till 3pm and then have another hour.
    That’s how I have started to get.  Used to be able to get up at 6am everyday and go to bed at midnight and not feel tired. Since the working from home came in to play, in I’m up at 9, have a 2 hour kip during the day and go to bed at 10pm. Having a 21 month old daughter at my age doesn’t help. 
  • T_C_E said:
    T_C_E said:
    Absolutely buzzing since I’ve got back doing things, up around 0515 and 4 dogs exercised by 0900.  Knocked off a stone and a half in welght, the hit and miss weather is a bit of a ball ache and playing havoc with the dogs coats but that’s soon sorted with a good brushing which I also find therapeutic. Loving talking to people about visits again rather the possibility of a visit in the future, helping people in anyway I can I find helps me. My arthritis used to drag me down but after being told about a wonder balm by someone even that has subsided, I can even cut my own food again and get a tune out of the new guitar such is the mobility in my hands and fingers. Sometimes I feel guilty about being a lot more stress free than before so I have a quick read of the transfer rumours thread to remind myself how far I’ve come. 😉
    My wife has a bit of arthritis.
    What is this balm you speak of please?

ive only used the balm, I’ve not tried the oil although both come recommended to me. 👍😌

Does Gin help arthritis too? If so I should be ok.
  • Hello, I saw you, I know you, I knew you
    I think I can remember your name
    Hello, I'm sorry, I lost myself
    I think I thought you were someone else
  • No. Occasionally, lazy, but not tired.
    I think I can remember your name
    R.E.M? I think it's on Green, but I can't for the life of me remember the name of the song.
    I think I can remember your name, name
    Should we talk about the weather? (hi, hi, hi)
    Should we talk about the government? (hi, hi, hi, hi)
    Hello, how are you, I know you, I knew you
    I think I can remember your name, name
    Hello, my friend, are you visible today?
    You know I never knew that it could be so strange, strange
    Hi, hi, hi
    Hi, hi, hi, hi
    Hi, hi, hi
    Hi, hi, hi, hi
    Hi, hi, hi
    Hi, hi, hi, hi
    Source: LyricFind
    Songwriters: Bill Berry / Peter Buck / Michael Mills / Michael StipePop Song 89 lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group
  • Sponsored links:

• As a gardener these last few weeks have been really hard. Pouring water on the back of my neck to cool down as well as drinking copious amounts of water does keep me going but I still feel weary at the end of the working day ; far more than at any other time of year. The cold spring and now this has been a combination of extremes and it’s probably this that hasn’t helped. Anyway today is the first day when I’ve come home from work and not felt weary.
  • It's just like that how my mind wanders when people talk about the weather.

I like to think the great Mr Stipe feels like me.
  • Humidity is awful, saps energy from you. 

I'll add another hand to the votes for CBD rubs available from Jeff Bezos that are simply incredible for knees that have just done too much they shouldn't have done or knees that just hurt. 

A crisp, clear sunny day is what I'm all about, I'll take or leave a breeze as this country has plenty of breeze normally but a nice blue sky and sunshine makes me feel a lot more alive 

As romantic as it sounds a warm pub on a snowy day is arseache. Ive got a rear wheel drive motor that is as much use in snow as a chocolate teapot. So that rules put driving anywhere and walking any distance is snow is horrible, I still distinctly recall stacking it on the way to Chatham Station before the 4-4 scum game and now icy pavements give me a fear of losing dignity and probably finally breaking an elbow 
  • Crisp winter/spring mornings are the best. 

The humidity/heat the past couple of weeks has been awful. 
  • T_C_E said:
    T_C_E said:
    Absolutely buzzing since I’ve got back doing things, up around 0515 and 4 dogs exercised by 0900.  Knocked off a stone and a half in welght, the hit and miss weather is a bit of a ball ache and playing havoc with the dogs coats but that’s soon sorted with a good brushing which I also find therapeutic. Loving talking to people about visits again rather the possibility of a visit in the future, helping people in anyway I can I find helps me. My arthritis used to drag me down but after being told about a wonder balm by someone even that has subsided, I can even cut my own food again and get a tune out of the new guitar such is the mobility in my hands and fingers. Sometimes I feel guilty about being a lot more stress free than before so I have a quick read of the transfer rumours thread to remind myself how far I’ve come. 😉
    My wife has a bit of arthritis.
    What is this balm you speak of please?

ive only used the balm, I’ve not tried the oil although both come recommended to me. 👍😌

I’ve also just bought some. How often do you apply it? Arthritis in my fingers is driving me mad! Every day another bloody digit joins in 😡

• Ah, great - thanks for that 🙂
  • That stuff is good but there are better ones on amazon. Thats a great place to start though @Arsenetatters
  • Fumbluff said:
    The current Mrs fumbluff swears blind that looking at the sun makes you sneeze, hope that helps 👍🏻
    If I have a sneeze hanging around, looking at the sun or into a light brings it on. It has the same effect for about 1/4 of people, my old man was at the same. My missus takes the piss whenever I do it and says I look like I’ve got special needs.
  • I am confused, I thought we had to take the Warners Gin as shown in the picture...................hic!
  • Sponsored links:

• Fumbluff said:
    The current Mrs fumbluff swears blind that looking at the sun makes you sneeze, hope that helps 👍🏻
    If I have a sneeze hanging around, looking at the sun or into a light brings it on. It has the same effect for about 1/4 of people, my old man was at the same. My missus takes the piss whenever I do it and says I look like I’ve got special needs.
    Ditto Mr F & our daughter. 

I carry a card with me saying "Bless you!" & whip it out when required. :smile: