Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Does the weather make you tired?

Since the weather became a continual cycle of showers then sun, and muggy, I've felt physically knackered. I work outside and I'm getting about half as much done as usual. It's not lack of motivation, just can't keep my eyes open! Is it just me?

Comments

• edited July 2021
    100%. Feel fantastic when it's sunny outside but awful when it is dark and cold outside in the winter. The sun just gets me up and wanting to do stuff
  • It's more being unable to plan anything outdoors without carrying a brolly/mac/rainhat/sou'wester/anorak/wellies/galoshes   .. delete any  that don't apply
  • Muggy weather is the worst for doing anything outdoors.
    It just stops you doing anything which requires effort.

Which why I’m on here getting wound up, when I should be outside doing goaty stuff 🙄😫😂😂
  • I 100% get shitty headaches when the weather is like this. 
  • The sun, especially when I'm out, just saps me of any energy and am really lethargic
  • Could be seasonal affective disorder, lack of vitamin D from sunlight can cause it. Usually worse in winter obviously but given the recent weather it can happen at any time. I used to be pretty bad with it, taking vitamin D helps but I can definitely tell the difference on particularly dark days.
  • High humidity can make you tired.
  • I feel more tired this year, since I've been jabbed. Coincidence?
  • I 100% get shitty headaches when the weather is like this. 
    Likewise, just before it rains or storms.

• Sponsored links:

It's been bad for hayfever - do you suffer?
    you might be on to something .. 
  • colthe3rd said:
    Could be seasonal affective disorder, lack of vitamin D from sunlight can cause it. Usually worse in winter obviously but given the recent weather it can happen at any time. I used to be pretty bad with it, taking vitamin D helps but I can definitely tell the difference on particularly dark days.
    I get it in the winter and use a light box. This sort of tired is different. I'm willing to do stuff (when I get S.A.D. I have no motivation) but just no energy.
    I have low levels of vitamin D, despite being outdoors most of the day, and take supplements. I read somewhere that this is linked to arthritis - which I have.
    I've recently had a 'summer cold' which I caught off a friend in Southampton. She has to test for COVID regularly and always came back negative. Her husband also had the cold and tested negative - as I did. I'm wondering if this has had something to do with it. I can't help wondering if it was a small dose of COVID. I'd forgotton about it until I read your post!
    I get hayfever and usually get a nasal spray from the GP. I've been taking it for ages and started to read about long term effects (a nose like Daniella Westbrook) and decided to bin it.
    Mildly.
    I get hayfever and usually get a nasal spray from the GP. I've been taking it for ages and started to read about long term effects (a nose like Daniella Westbrook) and decided to bin it.
    Never used to take anything for hayfever and just lived with it but now take antihistamines and feel better for it.

I've suffered with the humidity and poor air quality - seems to be an issue in Charlton/Greenwich. 
  • I'm a decorator, so physical work. I get through gallons of orange squash a day,that seems to help. 
  • Since the weather became a continual cycle of showers then sun, and muggy, I've felt physically knackered. I work outside and I'm getting about half as much done as usual. It's not lack of motivation, just can't keep my eyes open! Is it just me?
    Drink more water and use these
  • Sponsored links:

• definitely. Always feel tired/depressed in the winter months, specifically january and february - i just want to hibernate!

Definitely suffer from SAD, and probably have vit d deficiency. I try and take supplements but its easy to fall out of the habit. Recently been v tired in the afternoons... but might have something to do with the stag weekend i was on the weekend just gone!
  • T_C_E said:
    Absolutely buzzing since I’ve got back doing things, up around 0515 and 4 dogs exercised by 0900.  Knocked off a stone and a half in welght, the hit and miss weather is a bit of a ball ache and playing havoc with the dogs coats but that’s soon sorted with a good brushing which I also find therapeutic. Loving talking to people about visits again rather the possibility of a visit in the future, helping people in anyway I can I find helps me. My arthritis used to drag me down but after being told about a wonder balm by someone even that has subsided, I can even cut my own food again and get a tune out of the new guitar such is the mobility in my hands and fingers. Sometimes I feel guilty about being a lot more stress free than before so I have a quick read of the transfer rumours thread to remind myself how far I’ve come. 😉
    Really pleased to hear how well things are going!
  • T_C_E said:
    Absolutely buzzing since I’ve got back doing things, up around 0515 and 4 dogs exercised by 0900.  Knocked off a stone and a half in welght, the hit and miss weather is a bit of a ball ache and playing havoc with the dogs coats but that’s soon sorted with a good brushing which I also find therapeutic. Loving talking to people about visits again rather the possibility of a visit in the future, helping people in anyway I can I find helps me. My arthritis used to drag me down but after being told about a wonder balm by someone even that has subsided, I can even cut my own food again and get a tune out of the new guitar such is the mobility in my hands and fingers. Sometimes I feel guilty about being a lot more stress free than before so I have a quick read of the transfer rumours thread to remind myself how far I’ve come. 😉
    My wife has a bit of arthritis.
    What is this balm you speak of please?
    Have you tried updating your operating system?
  • Definitely. The afternoons have been a real struggle these past few weeks, I've felt exhausted.
  • T_C_E said:
    My wife has a bit of arthritis.
    What is this balm you speak of please?

ive only used the balm, I’ve not tried the oil although both come recommended to me. 👍😌

• I just ordered some thanks Ray.
  • I just ordered some thanks Ray.
    Hope it works as well for you. While I still get pain if I knock my hands, I don’t get pain while I’m doing nothing that was doing my head in.