Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mason Burstow - progress at Chelsea (p47)

Comments

• Options
    Honestly, when I was kid watching Charlton I would have done anything for that moment to get a standing round of applause after scoring a goal in front of the covered end.

You lived my dream and I hope you enjoyed it.
    This 100%

Special moment and sure he would have loved it.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    sammy391 said:
    Do you think he’ll start v Hartlepool or be given a rest?
    would like to see Kanu 
    I’d like to us get him on a long term pro deal first
    Totally 
  • Options
    I’ve I’ve heard that scouts are already coming to watch him…. Let’s make the most of him while we can.

Nothing better than a goal scorer that’s one of your own. What a prospect 
  • Options
    He is an out and out goal getter.  Invaluable.  Please let us do all we can to keep hold of this lad.

The fact he is Charlton too rather than the obligatory Arsenal, etc supporter is a nice little bonus.  Let's keep hold of the lad for as long as possible and hopefully he can bang them in for us for a good while.
  • Options
    I sure I saw him say he is a Gooner… sorry
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    Really ha ha! Typical.  I thought he was Charlton.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    vffvff
    edited January 2022
    He is an out and out goal getter.  Invaluable.  Please let us do all we can to keep hold of this lad.

The fact he is Charlton too rather than the obligatory Arsenal, etc supporter is a nice little bonus.  Let's keep hold of the lad for as long as possible and hopefully he can bang them in for us for a good while.
    This.
    I hope Thomas Sandgaard's plan, if it is anything, is to keep hold of great Academy players and allow them to stay, develop & have their ambitions fulfilled at Charlton with Charlton rising through the divisions.
    Watching excellent players being sold on by Duchatelet quickly, so you didn't get to see them play and moved on for a fraction of their worth, was one of the (many) frustrating things about Duchatelet's reign. I appreciate some players will move on as Charlton hopefully rise, but having a team built with lots of Academy talent would be really special.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Maccn05 said:
    He’s from the area and his uncle (a Charlton fan) used to bring him to games. Mason has probably seen more Charlton games than Arsenal but typical of his generation and who decide to support the big prem teams. I’d class him as a Charlton boy 😊
  • Options
    The lad is a serious talent!!
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Maccn05 said:
    He says on that video he is a Charlton fan so that's good enough for me. Maybe supports Arsenal too but he certainly has a strong affinity with us.. 
    He grew up watching Pawell Abbott and Lee Martin while wishing he was watching Van Persie and Fabregas, which is probably the case for a lot of people his age.

Its very rare football players are “proper fans” anyway, usually because they never have time to think about football besides their own career. He certainly has an affinity with the club and that’s good enough for me.
  • Options
    Great to see him getting goals. The next step is to see him starting to impact games a little bit more in his all round play.

Then again, the moment he starts doing that will likely be the time where we will start to get the bids from clubs higher up the food chain unfortunately.
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    I’ve I’ve heard that scouts are already coming to watch him…. Let’s make the most of him while we can.

Nothing better than a goal scorer that’s one of your own. What a prospect 
    I’d be surprised if they weren’t. Clubs will have scouts watching any teenager breaking through at an EFL club.
  • Options
    If I were TS I would be thinking how much it will save me (if in 7 years time if I manage to get this team to the premiership) if my strikeforce is Burstow & Kanu ? Sign them up Thomas it will save you a few £m in the long run
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i like the way he calls Chucks a big lump - must get on well with him which is good if they can form a good understanding like washington and stockley have  
  • Options
    He seems a great kid from a good family. Humble and speaks well. Proud he is one of our academy kids.
  • Options
    Can he be classed as a Wonderkid now?
    That depends on what his potential ability range is on Football Manager...
  • Options
    What will be will be, we’re not going to Wembley.

Im not going to stress about this one, could just be agent talk trying to invite offers / get a new contract out of the club.

If I was the owner of Charlton I’d say £20 million up front plus add ons, put up or shut up.
  • Options
    I wonder if he has a clause in the contract which can be trigger at a certain amount?
  • Options
    I wonder if he has a clause in the contract which can be trigger at a certain amount?
    Inevitable.  It would be lunacy on his part and Charlton's part if there wasn't.  Every player has his price.  If some club offers proper stoopid money of course he's for sale, ever was thus.  For a mid table League One club, talented youngsters pay the bills.  All the other noise is just juvenile bullshit
  • Options

Im not going to stress about this one, could just be agent talk trying to invite offers / get a new contract out of the club.

If I was the owner of Charlton I’d say £20 million up front plus add ons, put up or shut up.
    Rather depends on the length of contract he signed though doesn't it? It's very difficult to demand £20m for a player who might be out of contract sooner rather than later because if it is a relatively short one as the months tick by so does his value. Do we know the length of his contract?

Equally, we might be excited about him but he has only scored two League 1 goals. Chelsea sold Lewis Bate last year when he was 18 for £1.5m and he just made his Leeds debut. Man City sold Jack Harrison to them for £11m and he's just scored a hat trick in the PL. Brentford bought Ivan Toney for £5m. Watford signed Dennis for £3.6m

Burstow has to sign a long term contract and prove himself prolific in League 1 and then the Championship to command a big fee. Otherwise it will be far, far less albeit with add ons that might prove fruitful in the future. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022

Rather depends on the length of contract he signed though doesn't it? It's very difficult to demand £20m for a player who might be out of contract sooner rather than later because if it is a relatively short one as the months tick by so does his value. Do we know the length of his contract?

Equally, we might be excited about him but he has only scored two League 1 goals. Chelsea sold Lewis Bate last year when he was 18 for £1.5m and he just made his Leeds debut. Man City sold Jack Harrison to them for £11m and he's just scored a hat trick in the PL. Brentford bought Ivan Toney for £5m. Watford signed Dennis for £3.6m

Burstow has to sign a long term contract and prove himself prolific in League 1 and then the Championship to command a big fee. Otherwise it will be far, far less albeit with add ons that might prove fruitful in the future. 
    I thought he signed a 3 year deal last summer?  

Sure he’s hit the first team, and his salary (should go up, if he hits a certain amount of appearances?).

No idea how much he’s earning, but at that age what he needs the most is development and enjoyment of the game, he’s got that in spades here, that’s why I’d put a crazy price tag on him.

Hopefully this will blow over, and he’ll get a new contract from us, when the windows shut, look on the bright side!!

6 months ago, most on here had never heard of him!