Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Opening-day fixture moved to 5.30pm for Sky Sports

Charlton’s opening-day fixture against Sheffield Wednesday will now kick off at 5.30pm after being selected to be televised by Sky Sports.
https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/60dd8fe547413/opening-day-fixture-moved-to-530pm-for-sky-sports

Comments

• Options
    I hate sky doing this, right pain in the arse.
  • Options
    So annoying. At least I can spend a couple more hours in the pub. 
  • Options
    longer down the boozer, meeting up with mates you havn't seen for nearly two years, what's not to like.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Well that fks up childcare for the day, although at least ot wasn't moved to the Friday. 
  • Options
    Happy with that, as has already been said more time in the pub. 
  • Options
    Can they move it to 8 so I can play cricket and then attend?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Perfect for me as it's the day I come home from holiday. 
    No need to rush now.
  • Options
    Absolute disgrace, already have train booked and living in Manchester not sure how easy it will  be to rearrange. Still who cares about CAFC season ticket holders living outside the perceived catchment area. 
  • Options
    Oh great - we love to perform when on national tele!
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Well that fks up childcare for the day, although at least ot wasn't moved to the Friday. 
    Bring him to the game and teach him the Adams family song. Proper Charlton.
  • Options
    We are massive. 
  • Options

The EFL and Carabao Cup fixtures selected for Sky Sports coverage are listed below.

Information will be posted here in due course.

Friday 6 August - Bournemouth v West Bromwich Albion - KO 1945
    Saturday 7 August - Charlton Athletic v Sheffield Wednesday  - KO 1730
    Saturday 7 August - Sheffield United v Birmingham City - KO 2000
    Sunday 8 August - Fulham v Middlesbrough - KO 1330
    Sunday 8 August - Coventry City v Nottingham Forest - KO 1630

Carabao Cup Round One

Tuesday 10 August - Derby County v Salford City  - KO 1945
    Wed 11 August - Leyton Orient v Queens Park Rangers  - KO 1945

Sky Bet EFL

Saturday 14 August - Peterborough United v Derby County - KO 1230
    Saturday 14 August -Swansea City v Sheffield United  -  KO 2000

Tuesday 17 August - Millwall v Fulham - KO 1945
    Tuesday 17 August  - Huddersfield Town v Preston North End   -  KO 1945 CO-EX
    Wed 18 August - West Bromwich Albion v Sheffield United  - KO 2000

Friday 20 August - Bristol City v Swansea City   -   KO 1945
    Saturday 21 August - Queens Park Rangers v Barnsley  -  KO 1230

Friday 27 August - Peterborough United v West Bromwich Albion  -  KO 1945
    Saturday 28 August - Derby County v Nottingham Forest  -  KO 1230

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/tv-games/domestic-efl-games/

• Options
    Cant make that game as on holiday,  was hoping it would be moved though to the Sunday. Only the second home game except covid  I will miss in 23 years.
  • Options
    Well that's a fucker, got my first ST in over 20 years was looking forward to a normal football day and then traveling back to Leicestershire and get home in time to see highlights on Quest and MoD!
    Oh well have to change arrangements I suppose!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shine166 said:
    Bring him to the game and teach him the Adams family song. Proper Charlton.
    😅 think he'll have to go for a sleepover instead... maybe it's not so bad after all 
  • Options
    Would like to see viewing figures for L1 games on Sky. I can't imagine it's many 
  • Options
    Being on Sky will hinder those overseas who want to watch via Charlton TV, unless they mess around with VPN's and regions that are allowed to show it
  • Options
    Perfect for me as it's the day I come home from holiday. 
    No need to rush now.
    Sarfend ain’t that far.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Being on Sky will hinder those overseas who want to watch via Charlton TV, unless they mess around with VPN's and regions that are allowed to show it
    Easier to get a dodgy sky stream though 
  • Options
    Absolute disgrace, already have train booked and living in Manchester not sure how easy it will  be to rearrange. Still who cares about CAFC season ticket holders living outside the perceived catchment area. 
    Really unfortunate, the Premier League kicks off a week after the Football League, so the chances of it being televised were higher than normal, although unexpected.

I rarely book train travel now before Sky announce the games they are covering.
  • Options
    get in !!!............go on holiday that day and will be safely in a pub in the Isle of Wight by then

result
  • Options
    Being on TV, how much additional revenue does the club accrue? 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Sky haven’t cared about football fans in England for a very long time. They’re certainly not going to care about fans of a third division club.