Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

George Dobson - Hungarians say transfer on hold til the summer (p61)

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    He doesn't look slow in this

Reminds me of Carrick for Swindon.  He did alright for himself. 
    That quality pass, run and 1st time shot/goal makes him a box to box midfielder, rather than merely a defensive shield.

• Options
    If, as Sandgaard says, Dobson was "one of our priorities", I really hope that the likes of Watson had input here.  Let's get some value out of the one-year extension to his contract.

This holding midfield role is key.  Getting that right will take us a long way forward ... and I'd like to think that Adkins has asked Watson for his input into any potential successor.

"Mornin', Watso.  Troost you slept well.  The behrds are singin' an' I fancy buying that Dobson out of Wimbledon.  Let's go for our walks and 'ave a chat."  
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    Ignoring want Sunderland fans have said anyone got an idea of what Wimbledon have said?he was really impressive in hes loan to afc according to their fans and richard crawley 
  • Options
    The spine of the team is taking shape.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    T_C_E said:
    @Ollywozere back from leave today.

A player signs

Coincidence? 😂

Welcome George, local, young, combative, free transfer, knows the division, Gallen et al wanted him. What's not to like.
    A photo  of George in front of a playoff winners flag for the museum would be nice for our Sunderland friends to see. 👍
    Play offs!! wheres your ambition! Besides the last thing you need in a play off winning team is Sunderland players! 
  • Options
    Until 2/3 days ago I had never heard of him. Hopefully he works out, but not really one to get overly excited about.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Until 2/3 days ago I had never heard of him. Hopefully he works out, but not really one to get overly excited about.
    I've never heard of two-thirds of the players we sign these days, doesn't mean much either way.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    So, importantly, the nickname.

Dobbie, Dobbin or Dobbo?
  • Options
    I agree with that @Grapevine49

A key failing for us for a chunk of last season was how easily teams literally walked through our central midfield, despite filling it with cloggers like Watson and Pratley. 
    ..and lets not even begin the non-scientific link between the above and all those worldies we had no chance in stopping.
  • Options
    I’m assuming this is a signing to just pad out the squad rather than anyone with a serious chance of influencing a promotion winning starting eleven?
  • Options
    So, importantly, the nickname.

Dobbie, Dobbin or Dobbo?

Oh dear.  Not Dobbie then, unless we are making some obscure reference to his ability to magically appear out of nowhere and f*** you up...
  • Options
    If he is a good player, then why did they release him from his contract. Are we  just picking up  other teams duds to make up the numbers on the cheap.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hal1x said:
    T_C_E said:
    @Ollywozere back from leave today.

A player signs

Coincidence? 😂

Welcome George, local, young, combative, free transfer, knows the division, Gallen et al wanted him. What's not to like.
    A photo  of George in front of a playoff winners flag for the museum would be nice for our Sunderland friends to see. 👍
    Play offs!! wheres your ambition! Besides the last thing you need in a play off winning team is Sunderland players! 
    I was thinking more along the lines of.............."This is what you could have won" ;)
  • Options
    I’m assuming this is a signing to just pad out the squad rather than anyone with a serious chance of influencing a promotion winning starting eleven?
    I wouldn't go that far, I expect him to be starting most games of available. He's likely to be the Danny Hollands type midfielder who doesn't rack up huge numbers of goals or assists directly but allows the other midfielders to play with more freedom.

Probably not going to be the kind of player to get crowds off their feet often but very likely to be important to the ones who do.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    I really don't get some of our fans!! FFS give the guy a chance! If Adkins etal wanted him for their rebuild that's good enough for me!
    I don't think we should judge good or bad on other teams fans...it seems as though the Mackems didn't rate him but the Wimbledon fans did!
    So let's judge him when he's had a dozen or so games in an Addicks shirt!
    ⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️
    As if there's not enough pressure on the NHS!
    Who the feck set him off again ? 😂
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    And they didn't even announce to turn up at a certain time this time, just chucked it on there, love that. Welcome to Charlton Dobby, let's hope you can create some real moments of magic for us 
  • Options
    His pedigree seems good and he has good experience for his age and knows the division - if the recruitment team want him, that's good enough for me  
  • Options
    How tall is he?
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    If he is a good player, then why did they release him from his contract. Are we  just picking up  other teams duds to make up the numbers on the cheap.
    Depends on the circumstances .Johnnie Jackson was similarly released by Notts County in 2010 . That hasn't turned out badly .

• Options
    seems a bit of gamble, and hopefully one of our (11 or so) priorities :)
  • Options
    How tall is he?
    1.85m, so 6 ft, sounds good, should do nicely B)