Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Battle of Britain Airshow.......Headcorn.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Addickted said:
    Red Arrows cancelled display after a couple of fly pasts. Gutted.
    Such a shame for those there - supposed to be pretty similar weather Sunday too.
    Yeah, not holding out too much hope that all the displays will go ahead on Sunday. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Hadn't realised that it was this weekend - was going to take the kids over to Maidstone for something completely unrelated, but is traffic likely to be a killer round there Saturday?
    Just in case anyone can help - anyone Maidstone based noticed any bad traffic today?  Or previous years!!
  • Options
    Had no issues at all this morning.  Traffic should be fine now as the BoB  traffic is all here at Headcorn now.

Sold out and great to see so many people walking about outside with not a mask in sight 
  • Options
    Hadn't realised that it was this weekend - was going to take the kids over to Maidstone for something completely unrelated, but is traffic likely to be a killer round there Saturday?
    Just in case anyone can help - anyone Maidstoje based noticed any bad traffic today?  Or previous years!!
    Headcorn is a bit too far away for Maidstone to be affected by the Air Show, however traffic in Maidstone is never very good.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Just in case anyone can help - anyone Maidstoje based noticed any bad traffic today?  Or previous years!!
    Headcorn is a bit too far away for Maidstone to be affected by the Air Show, however traffic in Maidstone is never very good.
    Cheers - I appreciate that, but there's not great, and there's 3 hours stuck on the A249!

Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    Went yesterday, (Friday) gutted that the Red Arrows display was cancelled, but the flying was fantastic, the Dakotas with Sally B was the highlight for me. If you are going today or Sunday hope the weather holds and you have a great day out. 
  • Options
    Went yesterday, (Friday) gutted that the Red Arrows display was cancelled, but the flying was fantastic, the Dakotas with Sally B was the highlight for me. If you are going today or Sunday hope the weather holds and you have a great day out. 
    Looking forward to seeing Sally B again, haven’t seen it fly for a long time. I went onboard it at The Goodwood Revival about 10 years ago. Saw a few people getting on and asked a guy working there if tickets were available. It cost £10 and spent a good half an hour inside sat in the pilots seat etc. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My view of the show wasn't too shabby.

• Options
    BDL said:

Not jealous at all!!!!! :)
  • Options
    BDL said:

Top pic!
  • Options
    BDL said:

Got a nice one of 'St George' landing on Friday.

• Options
    Addickted said:
    BDL said:

Got a nice one of 'St George' landing on Friday.

Lovely light and great panning - that looks like it was after our air to air?
  • Options
    Just got back, nothing flew today. Bit pissed off with the organisers tbh, half the planes had obviously made the decision that they weren’t flying and left yesterday. No worthwhile announcements about the chances of anything getting up and as the weather was forecast to get worse as the day went on, they must have known nothing was going to happen.
  • Options
    Just got back, nothing flew today. Bit pissed off with the organisers tbh, half the planes had obviously made the decision that they weren’t flying and left yesterday. No worthwhile announcements about the chances of anything getting up and as the weather was forecast to get worse as the day went on, they must have known nothing was going to happen.
    That's terribly disappointing. Imagine those who had to pay over £100 a ticket for the Spitfire enclosure.

Did nothing fly at all as the weather wasn't as bad as forecast?
  • Options
    I wonder why they didn't mention it, very unique.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    That's terribly disappointing. Imagine those who had to pay over £100 a ticket for the Spitfire enclosure.

Did nothing fly at all as the weather wasn't as bad as forecast?
    No, nothing at all. Appreciate it must take a lot of organisation to put it on and they can’t do anything about the weather but they must have known from quite early it wouldn’t go ahead and no announcement about a decision had been made by the time we left around 14:30. I guess the longer they keep people in, the more the spend at the food stalls etc.
  • Options
    @DaveMehmet they announced that anyone with a ticket to today’s show will be offered a free ticket to next years. They will be in touch with all ticket holders.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BDL said:
    @DaveMehmet they announced that anyone with a ticket to today’s show will be offered a free ticket to next years. They will be in touch with all ticket holders.
    Yes mate, saw that. 
  • Options
    BDL said:
    Yes mate, saw that, but I'm on a promise that day.

• Options
    Addickted said:
    BDL said:
    Yes mate, saw that, but I'm on a promise that day.
    Wot again ????