Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The murder of PSCO Julia James

Charity @CrimestoppersUK offers £10k reward to catch PSCO Julia James' killer - if you know anything call 0800 555111

The 53 year old woman died walking her dog near Canterbury in broad daylight after suffering significant head injuries.

Do you recognise this man? 
We believe he could have information that could help our investigation into the murder of PCSO Julia James. 
Please get in touch if you know who he is.

Comments

• Really surprised that Kent OB have released this photo. To date they have no suspect, no motive, no weapon, no DNA and no clue as to how or why this has happened, yet they suddenly release a clear and close up photograph of someone they're 'interested' in taken close to the murder scene the day after the murder occurred.

Either they think this is the perpetrator or they're clutching at straws. Get the feeling this is just an innocent walker who has been 'fingered' because of the £10k reward offered.

We shall see.
  • Addickted said:
    Really surprised that Kent OB have released this photo. To date they have no suspect, no motive, no weapon, no DNA and no clue as to how or why this has happened, yet they suddenly release a clear and close up photograph of someone they're 'interested' in taken close to the murder scene the day after the murder occurred.

Either they think this is the perpetrator or they're clutching at straws. Get the feeling this is just an innocent walker who has been 'fingered' because of the £10k reward offered.

We shall see.
    He may just be a key witness
  • Addickted said:
    Really surprised that Kent OB have released this photo. To date they have no suspect, no motive, no weapon, no DNA and no clue as to how or why this has happened, yet they suddenly release a clear and close up photograph of someone they're 'interested' in taken close to the murder scene the day after the murder occurred.

We shall see.
    As per the line "he could have information that could help our investigation"

Not had the finger pointed at him at all.
  • I wonder where they got his photo from. It looks like a close up. Can’t imagine there’s cctv in what looks like an agricultural area.
  • Addickted said:

We shall see.
    If so then why hasn't he come forward sooner. 

This is an odd one. I don't know the area personally but looking at the area it doesn't seem like a village many people would be passing through to get to somewhere else. There is really nothing there. I can't believe a random stranger has appeared from nowhere, attacked her & then fled without being seen by anyone. 
  • Don't disagree, but the way the photo was put out and the narrative on the News would point towards him being a suspect, rather than a 'key witness'.

This photo was taken the day after the murder don't forget.
  • Addickted said:

We shall see.
    If so then why hasn't he come forward sooner. 

This is an odd one. I don't know the area personally but looking at the area it doesn't seem like a village many people would be passing through to get to somewhere else. There is really nothing there. I can't believe a random stranger has appeared from nowhere, attacked her & then fled without being seen by anyone. 

Police identify man sought over probe into murder of Kent PSCO Julia James and say they no longer need information about him

• I wonder where they got his photo from. It looks like a close up. Can’t imagine there’s cctv in what looks like an agricultural area.
    Think I saw on Sky News it's zoomed in dash cam footage.
  • Why hasn’t there been a women’s March/protest for Julia James surely this would bring attention to her Murder?
  • Kent Police released this late last night.

We are no longer appealing for information regarding the man in the image released as part of the investigation into the death of Julia James.

Julia, 53, was found deceased next to Akholt Wood in Snowdown at around 4pm on Tuesday 27 April 2021. She had been working at home that day before taking her Jack Russell Toby for a walk in the Aylesham Road area.

A post-mortem revealed Julia died from significant head injuries.

We can confirm that the man in the photo has now been identified and we are no longer appealing for information in relation to him at this time.

Assistant Chief Constable Tom Richards from Kent Police said: ‘As throughout the investigation the power of the public and their support has helped this investigation and I want to take this opportunity to thank them for getting in touch to help us.

‘I can confirm we have identified the man in the photo and we no longer need the media to run his image, nor do we need further information about him at this time. 

‘It remains that we still need to hear from anyone who was in the area at the time between 1pm and 4.30 pm on Tuesday 27 April 2021, as well as anyone local who may have seen something out of place at the time or who came across someone who made them feel uneasy - such as feeling compelled to cross the road or change the route they were walking.

‘Despite identifying this individual, we are still keen to hear from those who have information that may help us.’

Anyone with information is urged to contact us on 0800 0514 526. 

Witnesses and anyone with any other information, CCTV or dashcam footage are also asked to submit details online via https://mipp.police.uk/operation/4601020121F07-PO1
  • Sponsored links:

• Greenie said:
    Why hasn’t there been a women’s March/protest for Julia James surely this would bring attention to her Murder?
    I am led to believe the family have not wanted it.
  • Greenie said:
    Why hasn’t there been a women’s March/protest for Julia James surely this would bring attention to her Murder?
    I am led to believe the family have not wanted it.
    Ok fair enough I did know that.
  • #Breaking A man in his 20s has been arrested in connection with the murder of PCSO Julia James, Kent Police said
  • Kent Police released this late last night.

We are no longer appealing for information regarding the man in the image released as part of the investigation into the death of Julia James.

Julia, 53, was found deceased next to Akholt Wood in Snowdown at around 4pm on Tuesday 27 April 2021. She had been working at home that day before taking her Jack Russell Toby for a walk in the Aylesham Road area.

We can confirm that the man in the photo has now been identified and we are no longer appealing for information in relation to him at this time.

Assistant Chief Constable Tom Richards from Kent Police said: ‘As throughout the investigation the power of the public and their support has helped this investigation and I want to take this opportunity to thank them for getting in touch to help us.

‘I can confirm we have identified the man in the photo and we no longer need the media to run his image, nor do we need further information about him at this time. 

‘It remains that we still need to hear from anyone who was in the area at the time between 1pm and 4.30 pm on Tuesday 27 April 2021, as well as anyone local who may have seen something out of place at the time or who came across someone who made them feel uneasy - such as feeling compelled to cross the road or change the route they were walking.

‘Despite identifying this individual, we are still keen to hear from those who have information that may help us.’

Witnesses and anyone with any other information, CCTV or dashcam footage are also asked to submit details online via https://mipp.police.uk/operation/4601020121F07-PO1
    It would seem that he wasn't the perpetrator then.

Bit dangerous to release a photo of an innocent man suggesting his presence in the area may have been sinister.
  • Addickted said:
    Kent Police released this late last night.

Bit dangerous to release a photo of an innocent man suggesting his presence in the area may have been sinister.
    Hmm not so sure. They’ve arrested a man in his twenties. Could be the same bloke.
  • Police have made an arrest
  • Addickted said:

What makes you draw that conclusion? 
  • Addickted said:

I didn't read it that his presence may have been sinister, just that he might be able to assist the investigation
  • They are saying he’s a British National too.
    Reckon he was acting oddly in as you say a fairly remote area a day after a murder.

Someone's though'im getting a shot of this bloke'.
  • Sponsored links:

• My take on this when the photo was released was that he was a key suspect / person of interest..

It is relatively common for perpetrators to return to the scene of the crime after the event - either vouyeurism or assessment of the investigation.

The photo was clearly taken from close quarters - it isn't CCTV and doesn't look like dashcam footage IMO.

The reason for stating that no more info was needed on the man in the photo was because they had identified him, not because he was no longer of interest - there was nothing about him "no longer being part of the inquiry".
  • Greenie said:
    Because the victim is a member of the force and the Tabitha’s of this world can’t be arsed to trek down to deepest Kent for another one of their ‘vigils’
    Does that surprise you then?
  • edited May 2021
    They are saying he’s a British National too.
    My reading of that, is that it is somewhat surprising that it is mentioned at all. It's not something that is usually mentioned in police reports of arrests being made. 
    Odd.

Edited to add:  they don't mention it here either. https://www.kent.police.uk/news/kent/latest/policing-news/arrest-made-in-connection-with-murder-of-julia-james/

So where did it come from?
    Nice try.

It’s was a direct quote on Twitter from Simon Jones the local BBC reporter, I’m guessing to stop the nonsense that some people have been spouting about who may have been responsible for the murder.
    Nice try.

It’s was a direct quote on Twitter from Simon Jones the local BBC reporter, I’m guessing to stop the nonsense that some people have been spouting about who may have been responsible for the murder.
    Nice try? I just found it odd that you mentioned he was British. Just like Cafcfan found it odd that the BBC reported he was British! 

As you say, it could be to quell any unsubstantiated rumours which makes sense. I didn’t know there were any but I’m assuming you’re alluding to people speculating that it was a foreign national that had committed this atrocity. 

• 21 women have been murdered here since Sarah Everard was murdered. Shocking.

https://twitter.com/timeslucy/status/1390979340968546304?s=21 
  • edited May 2021
    Curb_It said:

21 women have been murdered here since Sarah Everard was murdered. Shocking.

Yep and hardly any coverage of them anywhere.

Thats the real outrage.

Women of all ages in the UK are being murdered in broad daylight and nothing.

Disgusting.
  • Curb_It said:

21 women have been murdered here since Sarah Everard was murdered. Shocking.

Yep and hardly any coverage of them anywhere.

Thats the real outrage.

Women of all ages in the UK are being murdered in broad daylight and nothing.

Disgusting.
    I do not disagree with you: the lack of coverage is an outrage. As ever, however, I suspect it's what the media understand that their audience want to watch/hear about.

First off, it might be worth mentioning that back in the 1960s there were a fairly equal number of male/female victims.  Today, well as at last year, it was 73% male, 27% female. (A figure slightly distorted by the Essex lorry deaths.)

But let's look at female murders. Only 13% of female victims are unknown to their murderers. (At least in cases which are solved anyway.)  And 78% of female victims die in or around their dwelling.  I hate to say this but that makes such cases mundane and not really something of newsworthy importance.  The average TV News watcher or newspaper reader will know what it means when a woman has been found dead at home.  Of course, the Sarah Everard case and the recent one have very different characteristics and that's why they get coverage: because they are actually rare events.

In researching this on the ONS website I was shocked to find a truly terrible piece of information. It concerned the people most likely be the victim of a homicide.  When I started reading this section I had kind of thought in my own mind that it would be males in their teens/twenties.  It turns out that the most dangerous thing to be in this country is a child under 1 year old.  And that's something which is also pretty much ignored by the media.