Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Lincoln City | Tues 4th May 2021

Comments

• Options
    Feel more confident that it's not in our hands on Sunday as we'd definitely find a way to cock it up if it was. 

Much improved 2nd half, unfortunately we just haven't played with that type of urgency enough this season. 
  • Options
    Harsh to pick on one moment in a season full of so many individual errors that have cost us points but that penalty miss v Oxford seems so key now, would be all in our hands.  Oh well, roll on to Hull and hope.  Excellent performance tonight.  

Really hope we find a way to keep Chuks, he is just such a good player at this level and no way we get 4 better strikers.  Even if he only plays half our games he brings so much.
    Wouldnt dwell on incidents like that too much

Could argue that Portsmouth will be thinking the same with the Marquis own goal last week

Then we really would be up against it
  • Options
    Stockley has 8 goals for us since January. With or without a strike partner if we can get him in permanently we should. People can talk about not liking the way we play with him all we want but that's a brilliant goal return. He's not the issue, the players around him are. We should improve those
    Was his ninth tonight
  • Options
    First half summed up our home play this season. Lovely to see us turn it on in second half. 
    We’ve turned in more performances like the one in the first half than we have the second.  It’s frustrating, but we are where we are because we haven’t been good enough.

I appreciated the fact they went for it in the second half, as its all become a bit too predictable with Stockley up top on his own.

Give us another performance like that against Hull and finish the season on a high, regardless of whether or not we get in the play offs.  That’s all I want.

Fair play to them for their second half performance 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Far better at 442, we just play much better than 433.

Aneke makes a huge difference, if only he could stay fit.

Hope I am wrong but just can’t see both the other two dropping points and us winning.

At least it keeps it going to the last game.

Go for it Nige, shit or bust.
  • Options
    Interesting what Adkins was just saying about Aneke what with it being physical rather than a mental problem
  • Options
    Lovely little 15 min spell second half of what could have been this season. Very frustrating as it clearly is within our ability. 

Hated how we were set up first half, really not been convinced so far with some of Adkins formation and player selections. We got there in the end though, a good win that keeps us in it. 

Really pleased for Stockley with that goal. Hate how we play without a partner for him but he works his nuts off. 

• Options
    Saga Lout said:
    That'll do. Another tenner on Saturday, hope they can keep it up.
    It’s Sunday.
    Bugger! I'm washing my hair Sunday/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I bet at some point on Sunday we will be in 6th place but a controversial goal or jammy last minute goal somewhere will be our undoing.
    Mentioned to my Dad during the game, feel like it’s going to be similar to the last day of 09/10. We finished 4th that season but at some point on final day we were 2nd. Imagine Sunday we’ll be 6th at some point but one of the others will get the win they need. 
  • Options
    I missed the first half, set the alarm incorrectly didn't i. But looking at the match thread I was surprised we went in 0-0, and we were dire. I expected us to be losing tbf. 

Smashing performance 2nd half, chuks is lucky not to get n early bath. Great goals. Defensively we looked composed. Albie seemed to relish the role JFC usually plays in. 
    It's just so Charlton to keep us dreaming, can't wait for Sunday now! 

Most surprising is that Jayden is a posh boy!! Never heard him speak, expected him to sound like my northern monkey missus! 
  • Options
    Albie was excellent. JFC needs to keep his game basic and play at intensity. It's so frustrating seeing him strut around as if he's better than he is. 
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:
    Saga Lout said:
    That'll do. Another tenner on Saturday, hope they can keep it up.
    It’s Sunday.
    Bugger! I'm washing my hair Sunday/
    Which one?
    The one hanging from my left bollock. :smile:
  • Options
    Really thought we were going to down with a whimper tonight but the boys proved me wrong. Such a shame though that it will probably amount to nothing come final whistle Sunday because I still feel that results will go against us and we’ll miss out. Which considering it was in our hands a couple of games ago is so f’ing annoying. Frustrating is the one word that sums this season up for me.
  • Options
    Has Adkins just pulled out the famous "Don't get to high with the highs, too low with the lows" Curbs quote whilst next to Curbs?!

Mind Blown Explosion GIF - MindBlown Explosion Mind - Discover  Share GIFs
    I was expecting Curbs to say something  :D