Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Lincoln City | Tues 4th May 2021

After a tentative first half, Charlton came out rampant in the second extending quickly to a two nil lead. The third came not too long after. With the introduction of Chuks we went on the front foot. Albie Morgan looked very mobile, linking the midfield to the forward line effectively. Millar came into his own, pressing forward on the wing. Stockley scored with a terrific volley from cracking team play. Big Inniss found an opening at the back post. And Chuks bullied his way through their back line to put the final nail in their coffin. A shame not to keep the clean sheet, but they were a spent force by then and couldn’t muster much more.

We matched them in the first half, even as they looked a little more composed and confident. In fact, they had a gilt-edge chance to go ahead, which they failed to make count. But in the second, we closed them down and harassed them in such a way as to shake that confidence.

Three points and we live to fight again.

Over to you.

Comments

• Options
    Bloody hell!

A home win ... who'd have thought that possible?
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Only realistic way play-offs happen now is a CAFC win while Pompey / Oxford both fail to win.

A draw could be enough with a combination of more unrealistic results.
  • Options
    First half summed up our home play this season. Lovely to see us turn it on in second half. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What has been the worst injury time punch in the gut this season? 🤔
  • Options
    Great win.  More to come next season please!
  • Options
    siblers said:
    Great to win but incredibly frustrating to be in this scenario. That Crewe game and Oxford penalty miss will live long in the memory like Birmingham last season 
    And Pompey could argue they would be home and dry if they didn’t concede the 96th minute equaliser at Accrington last week. It’s all relative! 
  • Options
    That'll do. Another tenner on Saturday, hope they can keep it up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Willo said:
    Stockley with a strike partner I'll take next season now.
    me too
  • Options
    Willo said:
    Stockley with a strike partner I'll take next season now.
     I'd be pleased with rotating Chuks and Washington.
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:
    That'll do. Another tenner on Saturday, hope they can keep it up.
    It’s Sunday.
  • Options
    Great result.
  • Options
    Lovely Fella Stockley. I would like to see a quick good finisher forward playing off him.  

• Options
    Will the Hull manager want revenge for us knocking Doncaster out the other year i wonder?