Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton v Ipswich | Sat 17 April 2021 | 12:30pm

Comments

• 43'

Post update

Hand ball by Andre Dozzell (Ipswich Town).

• Dozzell handles near the centre circle, and is slightly luckily to only concede the free kick given he's just been booked.
  • Millar is driving me mad. 
  • Free kick is another one going wide to Inniss and headed back across the area, but the keeper claims it.
  • Got to love a ref who can let some of the fouls we’ve seen in this game go unpunished but gets his knickers in a twist about an offside free kick being exactly where it should be. 
    Cant believe their player hasn't been booked for the cynical foul on Millar

Edit, sounds like he was
    Innis should’ve been booked earlier too. 
    Was that the one early in the game when he stuck a foot out 
  • Now we have a free kick after DJ's fouled by the halfway line.
  • If we can’t beat this lot at home then we don’t deserve to make the playoffs. They look checked out for the season and are dragging us down to their casual level. A little bit more intensity and care in the final third and we could be 3-0 up. 
  • FFS what a waste of a free kick 
  • Another fantastic free kick to add to the list this season
  • Stop pissing about with free kicks.

We have wasted every one we've had so far.
  • Sponsored links:

• 45'+1'

Booking

Diallang Jaiyesimi (Charlton Athletic) is shown the yellow card for a bad foul.

• Got to love a ref who can let some of the fouls we’ve seen in this game go unpunished but gets his knickers in a twist about an offside free kick being exactly where it should be. 
    Cant believe their player hasn't been booked for the cynical foul on Millar

Edit, sounds like he was
    Innis should’ve been booked earlier too. 
    Was that the one early in the game when he stuck a foot out 
    Yeah, was a clear deliberate trip to stop a player breaking in behind. 
  • We make a bit of a muff of the free kick, and DJ ends up having to foul his man and gets booked for his trouble.
  • edited April 2021
    ross1 said:
    45'+1'

Booking

Diallang Jaiyesimi (Charlton Athletic) is shown the yellow card for a bad foul.

VP Screen showed JFC, :) who does this stuff, have a word, can't be that difficult can it ffs
  • Let's nick one here
  • HT 0-0
  • Gilbey bombs down the right tries to cut the ball back but wins the corner.
  • HT.

Boooooo
  • Surely this can't end nil nil, a draw is useless for both sides
  • Sponsored links:

• I'll take a boring 0-0 at half time any day after some of the shite openings we've seen at home this season.
  • If that is promotion form then I'd hate to see us in the bottom 6. 
  • JFC takes, it's a little messy in the area but Ipswich clear and the half time whistle goes.
  • Feels like a game where both sides know that a defeat could be disasterous so are too afraid to make a mistake

A typical Premier League borefest, just without the talent
  • Chunes said:
    Another fantastic free kick to add to the list this season
    It’s so annoying - our set pieces are wasted. We’ve got Inniss, Stockley and Pearce to aim at...but rarely do.
  • This has been dull. 
  • I’d think about Shinnie for Pratley. I’m in the pro Pratley camp, generally, but I’m not convinced we need him today. Game is crying out for someone with a bit of quality on the ball. 
  • edited April 2021
    Currently Gilbey on 7.5, Pratley on a 5, the rest 6's.

Weird fixture. Neither side look like scoring.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!