Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton v Ipswich | Sat 17 April 2021 | 12:30pm

Comments

• Morts with some insightful punditry there - it could be won by the players on the pitch or the players on the bench. 
  • mendonca said:
    Lincoln CV19 strategy paying off again :(
    Who would have thought 
  • If DJ does not cut it in next 15, bring Schwartz on for him and switch to 442.
  • ross1 said:
    Both CAFC and Ipswich Twitter is down on my computer, hence I am getting very little information, relying on everyone else to keep up=to-date
    Think twitter is completely down as cant log in at all
    I'm back in now, but it's a bit up and down.
  • Second Half

Second Half begins Charlton Athletic 0, Ipswich Town 0.

• Good ball in at last
  • Millar so one footed. Lovely ball in from JFC. Unlucky the rebound doesn’t fall to Gilbey. 
  • JFC wide to Millar who goes down the wing, cuts back to JFC who puts a great cross in
  • Twitter has been down since last night. Some can’t log in, some can log in but can’t post, some can post but can’t read what others post. It’s a complete mess. They are really having problems over there in the last 12 hours or so.
  • Awful game this. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Ipswich wasting time already
  • We’ve hit new lows - Steve Brown doesn’t recall where the sun was at The Valley when he was playing centre Half.....it was in the sky Steve.
    1. 48'

Post update

Luke Woolfenden (Ipswich Town) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 48'

Post update

Foul by Jayden Stockley (Charlton Athletic).

• Twitter is working on the app but not the web version 
  • Peace nearly did something silly there in the penalty area!
  • We concede a free kick about 10 yards out from their area. Weirdly the keeper comes out to take but opts to take it short. Ball comes down our end, and there's a slight scramble but we clear and end up winning a throw by the corner flag.
  • 50'

Post update

Foul by Liam Millar (Charlton Athletic).

• We’ve hit new lows - Steve Brown doesn’t recall where the sun was at The Valley when he was playing centre Half.....it was in the sky Steve.
    Surely the Sun would be at any local newsagents?
  • Young cuts in from their right and shoots from distance but it's over the bar.
  • Shinnie and Schwartz on for DJ and Millar please, change to the diamond
  • Sponsored links:

• 51'

Post update

Attempt missed. Kane Vincent-Young (Ipswich Town) left footed shot from outside the box is too high. Assisted by Luke Woolfenden following a set piece situation.

• Good bit of defensive work by Gilbey to get the ball back, and we have a throw.
  • vffvff
    edited April 2021
    Too many free kicks in this game. Making it very stop / start. 
  • Young coming down our left again, and Gilbey clips him to concede the free kick near their dugout.
  • Why can't we ever keep possession of the ball? 
  • edited April 2021
    Aaand this performance so far is why I didn't get my hopes up for the playoffs yet
  • We push them back a bit but then a ball comes down our left and Ward crosses in, but Amos drops sharply to collect.
  • This is painful watching
  • Southbank said:
    If DJ does not cut it in next 15, bring Schwartz on for him and switch to 442.
    Take Millar off as well. Both been passengers so far. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!