Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Obscure football teams that you follow (for no apparent reason)

2»

Comments

• Options
    (Greenock) Morton since Panini 80.

Never been to Cappielow but did write to them once and they sent me a shirt!

• Options
    Partick Thistle, I was given a subbuteo team of them over 50 years ago and have followed their progress and results ever since
  • Options
    Farense, after holidaying in Vilamoura most summers and going past the Algarve Stadium that they played in for a while. Currently managed by the great Jorge Costa and sitting just above the relegation zone
  • Options
    Too many to mention but Cowdenbeath as i lived near there and always try and see at least one game there a season. Bayer Leverkusen as my German colleagues in Cologne follow Cologne so i took the next team up the road, been to the Bay Arena a few times. Belenenses in Portugal as i wanted to pick a Portuguese team. Deportivo la Coruna in Spain as their story is close to ours. Wiilem11Tilburg in Holland as needed a Dutch team to follow.
  • Options
    When I was at school, we use to follow Meadowbank Thistle because they were always rock bottom of Scot L2. A number of years back they did a Wimbledon and rematerialised into Livingston and moving out of Edinburgh, away from their athletics track stadium.

Still a sore issue with many Sweaties now I believe
  • Options
    Two teams I used to follow as a kid were Montrose and Eltham. Montrose because I’d seen Montrose the band play at the Valley in 1974 and Eltham, who were an Australian team that used to appear on the summer pools coupons, because I lived in Eltham 
  • Options
    Too many to mention but Cowdenbeath as i lived near there and always try and see at least one game there a season. Bayer Leverkusen as my German colleagues in Cologne follow Cologne so i took the next team up the road, been to the Bay Arena a few times. Belenenses in Portugal as i wanted to pick a Portuguese team. Deportivo la Coruna in Spain as their story is close to ours. Wiilem11Tilburg in Holland as needed a Dutch team to follow.
    Snap on Deportivo. My team in Spain. Had a great night years back when they won the league, driving round my (Barcelona supporting) Town honking the hooter and waving the scarf, Barça style. They have a big supporters club in Barcelona where we went to watch the games live, but between covid and various relegation that all came to a halt.
  • Options
    I always look out for Alemannia Aachen results, I went there on German exchange and was taken to VfL Bochum away in the Bundesliga!
  • Options
    Snap on Deportivo. My team in Spain. Had a great night years back when they won the league, driving round my (Barcelona supporting) Town honking the hooter and waving the scarf, Barça style. They have a big supporters club in Barcelona where we went to watch the games live, but between covid and various relegation that all came to a halt.
    Yes it was a shame a few years back when they bloody drew their last few games and allowed Barcelona to pip them at the post. I am sure Romario missed a penalty in the last match.
  • Options
    Yes it was a shame a few years back when they bloody drew their last few games and allowed Barcelona to pip them at the post. I am sure Romario missed a penalty in the last match.
    It was Djukic - all the strikers bottled it, including Bebeto , so a defender took it and the keeper saved it. Still, they played some great football in that age. You should see the rubbish they've served up this season - Bowyer standard fear driven garbage. They won the last three matches (new gaffer) and missed the play offs by a point, and they are mow in a mini league to avoid the drop. Hope Charlton don't emulate them too closely.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It was Djukic - all the strikers bottled it, including Bebeto , so a defender took it and the keeper saved it. Still, they played some great football in that age. You should see the rubbish they've served up this season - Bowyer standard fear driven garbage. They won the last three matches (new gaffer) and missed the play offs by a point, and they are mow in a mini league to avoid the drop. Hope Charlton don't emulate them too closely.
    Lets hope not
  • Options
    Floriana in Malta, mates Dad was kit man there for 20 years. Always keep an eye on their scores. Plus 1860 Munich, had a couple of lads weekends in Munich and 1860's fans always good for a laugh and caught a few games on the back of that...