Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Battersea Poltergeist

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Could it be that the alleged happenings are ordinary things that people choose to call odd?
    It could be, yes. If levitation is one of those "ordinary things".
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Yes it is complete Brian Ollocks. If it wasn't they would be f*ng everywhere!
    Do you have a suggestion as to what might have caused the various odd things that happened at the house and elsewhere?
    You take the starting point based on science that these things can't exist. Of course I can't explain the various odd things that happened in the house because I wasn't there, but I can simply work out what it wasn't. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Do you have a suggestion as to what might have caused the various odd things that happened at the house and elsewhere?
    You take the starting point based on science that these things can't exist. Of course I can't explain the various odd things that happened in the house because I wasn't there, but I can simply work out what it wasn't. 
    Interesting.  Because a 'scientific' approach would be exactly the opposite, ie taking all evidence into account rather than commencing an investigation with a preconceived conclusion.  
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Do more people believe in Ghosts than (a) God, or is it about 50/50?
    God scored 168 goals for Charlton. 
    Don't know of any ghosts 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    seth plum said:
    Could it be that the alleged happenings are ordinary things that people choose to call odd?
    I'm pretty sure I've seen one of those street 'magicians' off the telly 'levitating'.
    So I suppose levitating isn't ordinary as it takes a lot of practice.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Don't know of any ghosts 
    He ghosted past a few defenders... 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    seth plum said:
    Don't know of any ghosts 
    He ghosted past a few defenders... 
    After kicking them very hard.
    Got to love killer
  • Options
    On a series note I have personally seen what I believe to be a ghost or some such thing that I can't explain. 
    Doesn't mean I believe or don't believe it's just that as a reasonably  sound of mind person  (stop laughing) I cannot explain what I saw 
  • Options
    edited April 2021

Note the hair of the one with the blue top.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Interesting.  Because a 'scientific' approach would be exactly the opposite, ie taking all evidence into account rather than commencing an investigation with a preconceived conclusion.  
    They have already done it though.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    People have scientifically investigated the unexplained incidents in Battersea, taking all evidence into account, without drawing a preconceived conclusion? 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Chizz said:
    seth plum said:
    I'm pretty sure I've seen one of those street 'magicians' off the telly 'levitating'.
    So I suppose levitating isn't ordinary as it takes a lot of practice.
    A good technique for the rear facing levitation is a slit in one leg of your trousers, some velcro tape, shoes you can slip off like crocs and a block for one leg to stand on. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    People have scientifically investigated the unexplained incidents in Battersea, taking all evidence into account, without drawing a preconceived conclusion? 
    As Vince has lived there for the past 20 odd years I'm blaming him.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    I just read a bit about this. She said her family thought it was her doing it, and her dad asked her, "Is it you?" And she said no. And he said that was good enough for him. 

Now, you would think that would be a funny question to ask if you'd seen a chair fly across the room of its own volition
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    If ghosts existed, then they would need to be made purely of energy, since by their very definition they can't be made of matter. But if they were made only of energy, they would quickly dissipate, because the second law of thermodynamics proposes that energy is always lost to heat. Now I have to take scientists' word for the details of the second law of thermodynamics which I am happy to do.
  • Options
    The chair might have been tied to a magicians 'invisible thread'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3dMjQG2coM
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I just read a bit about this. She said her family thought it was her doing it, and her dad asked her, "Is it you?" And she said no. And he said that was good enough for him. 

Now, you would think that would be a funny question to ask if you'd seen a chair fly across the room of its own volition
    I've seen plenty of chairs,table's,bottles and glasses fly across a pub room at away games in the 70s. 
    Honestly it had fuck all to do with me.
  • Options
    Why are ghosts always from the Victorian era? Never see cavemen ghosts...
  • Options
    Why are ghosts always from the Victorian era? Never see cavemen ghosts...
    And there's plenty of cavemen in Battersea
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2121 said:
    My mum, her siblings and parents have genuine terror when they talk about the house when they lived in in Tanzania. Some crazy stories from that house. They moved out when found out it was on a tribal burial ground amongst other ghost stories. Grandparents went back a few years ago and learnt that two subsequent owners were the same, left and the house has been borded ever since. 

Cant say I've ever experienced a ghost, i think sometimes its trick of the mind hallucinations etc... 
    Never doubt your mum mate.
    They are always right 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:

If you read what I posted, I didn't provide an explanation for what happened, but merely stated it couldn't have been a Poltergeist because there is no such thing. That is not excluding different explanations, just one explanation. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:

If you read what I posted, I didn't provide an explanation for what happened, but merely stated it couldn't have been a Poltergeist because there is no such thing. That is not excluding different explanations, just one explanation. 
    It's an interesting opinion. Thank you for sharing it. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Although I find incidents like this and people's experiences incredibly interesting, we live in a world now where 3.6 Billion people apparently have a smartphone, so I am sure there would be mutilple indisputable recorded evidence of such things if they did happen. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:

It's an interesting opinion. Thank you for sharing it. 
    To be honest, I am only sharing it because you seem interested in it enough to comment on it.
  • Options
    Strange things happen in my gaff.  I put a family sized bar of Galaxy in my fridge and the next day,  GONE!  I kid you not...  EVERY fucking time.  
    There should be a thread on whether chocolate should go in the fridge or cupboard 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Never heard of it 
    A teenage girl, living with her family, in Battersea, in the 1950s, was subjected to a harrowing haunting, by a Poltergeist. 

It was extensively covered in the media at the time, but the story is less well known now. 

Objects moved. The Poltergeist caused knocking and other loud noises that could be heard by neighbours. The girl levitated. The house was set alight, hospitalising her father. The Poltergeist communicated with them, via a ouija board and written notes. 

Journalists reported on the story and were convinced there was paranormal, inexplicable activity taking place. 

The Poltergeist activity continued when she went to work, resulting in her being sacked. And it continued at the house, even when she wasn't there. 
    PWR.

The teenage girl was doing it herself.

Glad to help.
    Brilliant. Thanks for clearing that up. Thank goodness someone's been able to. 

Just a few minor bits to clear up though. How did she move furniture during the night when a journalist was in bed with her, holding her hands and feet? How did she scrawl words across the width and breadth of the ceiling? How did she levitate? How did she predict the harm that was about to happen to the actor? And how did the noises and movement of items continue when she wasn't there? 
    The bigger story here is why was a journalist in bed with a teenage girl?
    Because she took up the family's offer to spend a night in the house and chose to sleep in the bedroom, with her boyfriend outside the room, on the landing. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    out of interest @Chizz do you believe in curses?