Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RIP Lee Collins - Yeovil Captain

Comments

• Options
    So sad. RIP Lee
  • Options
    Very sad RIP
  • Options
    Thoughts go to his family and friends. RIP 
  • Options
    Awful for everyone close to Lee.

RIP. 
  • Options
    Tragic news. RIP
  • Options
    Dreadful. Horrible and feel for the family and the effect that this has on everyone who knew Lee. Hard to understand this.
  • Options
    Oh christ, that really isnt the type of cause that you want to hear, poor bloke to feel the need to do that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Somehow, finding that it’s suicide makes it so much worse.
    My heart goes out to his family. Awful situation. But also I feel for him and the pain he must’ve been in to feel this was his only option.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Disgusting of SSN to put it out there in that way.

I can imagine the distress for the person who found him. 

Really hard to find someone in such a situation.

RIP Lee, another man gone to suicide.

Lee Collins: Yeovil Town captain 'found dead in hotel room'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-56668025
  • Options
    I was worried this would br the cause of death, he had not been playing and his age made a sudden death less likely. No great to glorify it.

The only reason to mention it is to highlight that there is help out there and people should be able to get out of the dark hole they find themselves in. So gutted for all involved. 
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Desperately sad but not surprising at all. I assumed it was suicide straight away because the cause of death wasn’t given anywhere. I would have thought it was fairly obvious.
    Yeah, but until you hear it confirmed, you still hope it isn’t.
  • Options
    RIP.
  • Options
    Most common i think in young males, very preventable as well which makes it worse.
  • Options
    Really sad that somebody reaches the point where they take their own life. And not great for the people he leaves behind. A real shame. 
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Desperately sad but not surprising at all. I assumed it was suicide straight away because the cause of death wasn’t given anywhere. I would have thought it was fairly obvious.
    It was initially labeled by SSN Twitter that he was found hanging in his hotel room. Disgusting way to share the story.

The fact that it is suicide is bad enough, now the specific details are out there and his family will feel very uncomfortable I'd bet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A desperately sad way to go.
  • Options
    I really hoped it wasn't suicide but something like a heart attack. I hate to think of the mental torment he must have been going through. So many what ifs and unanswered questions for his family and friends.
  • Options
    RIP. 
    An awful shock for his family.
    An old friend of mine hung himself in January this year, he was in his forty’s, he’d recently lost his job, couldn’t get another one and had just ‘had enough.’
    Its terrible that more and more men are resorting to taking their own lives, what does that say about society and the way we now live our lives?
  • Options
    So sad that a young man should feel the need to take their own life. There have been quite a few footballers taken this route unfortunately. I was so shocked when Gary Speed went. We should all remember when we are dishing out shit at players that they are human as well. It must be a massive shock to reach the end of a career that has taken up so much time and dedication from a young age. When that is over players need to have something to move onto and be supported which I'm sure happens but some may slip through the net.
  • Options
    Sadly suicide is one of the leading causes of death in young men. I think after Gary Speed's death there was more awareness of this dreadful statistic. I really don't know what the answer is sadly.
  • Options
    So so sad and even more sad to think he thought that was the only option he thought he had.

Thoughts go out to his family and friends.

• Options
    Just over a year ago a work colleague and mate took his own life and I’m still struggling to understand why. He was popular at work, brilliant company out of work and he had a lovely wife, two daughters and an adopted son who loved him to bits. On the surface he appeared to be happy and content with life but for whatever reason he hung himself in his garage. He had so many numbers in his phone I just wish he’d chosen to ring one of them when he felt like he had no reason to carry on. Any one of us would’ve been there for him. 

I guess you never really know what’s going on in the minds of others.
    Similar situation about 10 years ago. One of my mates (not what i'd call close, but still a mate), he was always out, always had time to chat to everyone, big group of friends, one of those guys who was the life and soul of the party. He hung himself in the local park and was found early morning by someone walking their dog. 

How and why did he not pick up the phone to talk to anyone? Like you say you never know what's going on in someone's head.
  • Options
    Very sad.

Brought back to the surface memories of a close school friend I was in a band with who hanged himself aged 21.

RIP Briz, RIP Lee
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Greenie said:
    RIP. 
    An awful shock for his family.
    An old friend of mine hung himself in January this year, he was in his forty’s, he’d recently lost his job, couldn’t get another one and had just ‘had enough.’
    Its terrible that more and more men are resorting to taking their own lives, what does that say about society and the way we now live our lives?
    Sorry to read that.

January is one of the worst months for suicide in the UK. When I did a presentation on the damage caused by Suicide to the relatives, the first quarter I believe made up a third of the total deaths for the year.

The main thing it says about our lives is that we all struggle more than people think. 1 in 5 consider suicide in their lives. We need to make sure that people don't see it as their only option.

Here's some awareness training for anyone interested.
    https://www.zerosuicidealliance.com/training