Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Masters 2021 Thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    Justin Rose is on fire. Superb
     First time I don't back him!

What I would say is, we've been in this territory before with Rose.
  • Options
    Justin Rose is on fire. Superb
     First time I don't back him!

What I would say is, we've been in this territory before with Rose.
    Yep,not the 1st time is it. I didnt back him either,hes shown no real form coming into Augusta. My stepson backed him to be 1st round leader,£2 bet,he got back £112,hes fairly happy👍
  • Options
    Would be great to see Rose win, although i haven't backed him. Had Webb Simpson first round leader which was looking very good but then stuttered to a small return. my final team:
    Matsuyama
    Simpson
    Champ
    Conners
    Morikawa
    Wallace
    Im
    Cantlay

Could go anywhere from here, its so unpredictable and such an unbelievable last 10 holes from Rose. I am actually going golf tomorrow for the first time in a year, expecting the worse as i am not that good lol
  • Options
    Obvs not a golf expert, but interested nonetheless. I thought they went out in reserve order, so how is Rose back in the clubhouse whilst others are still playing?
  • Options
    First two rounds are pre drawn, the last two rounds in reverse order, so from tomorrow 
  • Options
    First two rounds are pre drawn, the last two rounds in reverse order, so from tomorrow 
    Thanks
  • Options
    Rose was the only player in the top 20 not to be under par today......but is still ahead by a shot. Shows that his 1st round was amazing. 

I've got a feeling that by the end if the 3rd round Rose will be trailing by 2 or 3 shots. He hasnt got his A game & players like Speith & Thomas know how to grind out a 68 or 69 round Augusta. 

I think the winner will come from one of the top 5 - probably one of the above 2 players.
  • Options
    Rose was the only player in the top 20 not to be under par today......but is still ahead by a shot. Shows that his 1st round was amazing. 

I've got a feeling that by the end if the 3rd round Rose will be trailing by 2 or 3 shots. He hasnt got his A game & players like Speith & Thomas know how to grind out a 68 or 69 round Augusta. 

I think the winner will come from one of the top 5 - probably one of the above 2 players.
    My father in law backed them two and Dechambeau 
  • Options
    Play currently suspended.

Storms brewing
  • Options
    Its now Matsuyama's to lose. 4 stroke lead over a group of 4 other players. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Matsuyama in trouble at the first. Zalatoris birdie birdie start.
  • Options

Matsuyama in trouble at the first. Zalatoris birdie birdie start.
    One of those two will win this. 
    Rose is going backwards 
  • Options
    Need Hideki to have a meltdown or this will become a procession 
  • Options
    What a par from Hideki. 
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Just parred the 5th after having to lay up - Schauffle then double bogeys the hole.

Matsuyama has this in his pocket. Might as well turn over & watch LOD.
  • Options
    I followed Johnnybev so have bet hideki ! 
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    It's the latter - 5 shots ahead and 7 clear of the 3rd
  • Options
    Getting tight up there now! 
  • Options
    Seems like no-one wants to win this trophy. Matsuyama does his best to hand it to Schauffle by bogeying the 15th...only for the American to hand it back to him on the 16th.

Pressure.
  • Options
    Matsuyama was doing his best to make it interesting but Xander basically said “nah you’re alright”. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2021
    That’s what happens when you have two serial chokers at the top of the leaderboard.

Matsuyama went on to bogey the 16th too so if Xander had held it together and made par, we’d be looking at a one shot lead with two to play.

Now debutant Zalatoris in the clubhouse at -9 is Hideki’s only threat. Two shots in hand, I can’t see him losing it now.
  • Options
    Dizzle said:
    Matsuyama was doing his best to make it interesting but Xander basically said “nah you’re alright”. 
    Too true. He tried on the 13th to close the gap but lady luck twice intervene......first by kicking the ball out of the trees & then stopping the ball from going into the bushes. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Congrats Hideki Matsuyama. Another bogey on the 18th but had enough in hand to win by a single shot over Zalatoris.
  • Options
    From my tips : - 

Corey Conners is playing himself into some decent form and I have backed him at 66/1 with PP.
    John Rahm has the "nappy effect" with his wife giving birth last week and I am backing him also, win only at 11/1, again with PP.  

Rahm came late and so his 11/1 if you took EW would have got you a small return.

Conners finished tied 8th so his 66/1 paid a nice 13.2/1 at a fifth of the odds (or effectively 6.6/1)

Justin Rose has some glimmers of form and he's 70/1 too.   Kevin Na at 125/1 is good value too

Rose finished 7th and would have been an effective 7/1.   Na missed out on a place by 1 shot.

A fascinating 4 days of golf and well done Matsuyama.   Made it harder than he should have after 11 holes played today.

Small profits for me and annoyed I didn't go with Reed and Rose.   Augusta is one of those courses where the same golfers do well each year.   Justin Rose has now been leader after the first round an amazing five times now (leader on his own three times).    There's one to think about next year !
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Getting tight up there now! 

As the actress said to the Bishop.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    I followed Johnnybev so have bet hideki ! 
    Glad it worked out bud, nice one :) Conners sneaked in aswell so decent returns for me, got Matsu at 45/1