Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Important live streaming information ahead of Doncaster Rovers v Charlton

Comments

• Fck  sake the service in NZ (Bein Sport) that shows Charlton once or twice a year on and I spend a £100 pounds for per annum for the pleasure doesn’t appear to be showing the game and as NZ isn’t listed above I can’t get valley pass either . Also meanwhile generally  Valley Pass doesn’t have delayed coverage which means that my only option (which for my life isn’t an option) is to get up at the witching hour.  I am a very frustrated Addick. I’ve only seen two Charlton games live or otherwise since Wembley... my computer and phone  is a work one so I can’t fanny about installing VPNs. Fck the lot of yas
  • I bought annual pass using vpn but am based in U.K. watched the last game on sky on my tv using web browser but did not have to use vpn
  • edited March 2021
    Given Sky will flog the game for a tenner on NowTV, why on Earth don't they flog it for a tenner on VP? I suspect a lot of people, if they make it too much of a pain to get it, will either stream illegally or like me just follow the game on Twitter and watch the highlights on YouTube. Result is I don't see the game and Sky make no money from me. The definition of a lose:lose situation. 
  • I'm puzzled why (as a season ticket holder) I can't watch this on VP, whereas I could watch the televised Accrington game earlier in the season

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5ff335cc2bbea/information-on-live-streaming-for-fridays-game-against-accrington-stanley
  • I'm puzzled why (as a season ticket holder) I can't watch this on VP, whereas I could watch the televised Accrington game earlier in the season

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5ff335cc2bbea/information-on-live-streaming-for-fridays-game-against-accrington-stanley
    As it was a home game, season-ticket holders were obliged access to watch it. The same should be the case for Doncaster season-ticket holders on Friday. 
    Good point, with everything being a blur of streamed games where I use my CAFC Cash, I'd forgotten the difference between home and away fixtures!

Thanks Olly
  • For those using SurfShark VPN. SurfShark can be hit and miss as they very frequently experience server overload due to there being no restrictions on the number of connections allowed through any one account. You may experience connection issues, leading to no lifting of the blocks you're trying to circumnavigate. All that means is that you need to find a stable location to use. It's not an exact science so may take a while.

IPVanish, Express VPN and CyberGhost would be my three recommendations.

Today VPN is also a half decent free alternative but, again, may need you to play around with various locations to find one that works.
    Hi,@Big_Bad_World, I greatly appreciate your knowledge on this. When you say “stable location” do you mean the Surfshark server that one chooses? e.g. They offer three UK servers, London, Manchester, Glasgow, do you mean that if I have trouble trying to connect with a UK portal like iPlayer, I should shuffle between those three servers to find a successful connection? Or did you mean something different, maybe to do with the home set-up?
  • edited March 2021
    For those using SurfShark VPN. SurfShark can be hit and miss as they very frequently experience server overload due to there being no restrictions on the number of connections allowed through any one account. You may experience connection issues, leading to no lifting of the blocks you're trying to circumnavigate. All that means is that you need to find a stable location to use. It's not an exact science so may take a while.

Today VPN is also a half decent free alternative but, again, may need you to play around with various locations to find one that works.
    Hi,@Big_Bad_World, I greatly appreciate your knowledge on this. When you say “stable location” do you mean the Surfshark server that one chooses? e.g. They offer three UK servers, London, Manchester, Glasgow, do you mean that if I have trouble trying to connect with a UK portal like iPlayer, I should shuffle between those three servers to find a successful connection? Or did you mean something different, maybe to do with the home set-up?
    Hi @PragueAddick yes, I mean switching between the available locations in SurfShark. Also, SurfShark tends to disconnect a fair bit as well if people don't have their VPN set up correctly.

There's a a few things you can do to optimise SurfShark. This is their support advice for Windows. Worth running through if you haven't already:

https://support.surfshark.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010710460-How-to-fix-unstable-connection-issues-on-Windows-

For Android:

https://support.surfshark.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009860539-How-to-fix-unstable-connection-issues-on-Android-

Good luck.
  • For those looking for a reliable VPN I’ve used Astrill for almost 10 years and issues have been far and few between. 

It’s not cheap, but it works as it’s supposed to. Although it is fiddly for iPlayer, seems the beeb are on top of stuff like this :( 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2021
  • JamesSeed said:
    Redrobo said:
    JamesSeed said:
    I’d watch it as a pay per view on Now TV if I knew how to. It doesn’t appear as an App on my Virgin Media TV feed. Is it web only?
    Have you got an Xbox in the house? Easy to use via one.
    I think we have, somewhere. 
    Assuming you have a Virgin Tivo box? For some reason Virgin can't do a deal for Now, probably an issue with Sky. 

If you have a Chromecast you can download the NowTV app on your phone, tablet or computer and cast the video. 

If you have a game console, navigate to the store and download there. 

(or if you have a laptop, plug that into your TV and watch through there)

• Dazzler21 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Redrobo said:
    JamesSeed said:
    I’d watch it as a pay per view on Now TV if I knew how to. It doesn’t appear as an App on my Virgin Media TV feed. Is it web only?
    Have you got an Xbox in the house? Easy to use via one.
    I think we have, somewhere. 
    Assuming you have a Virgin Tivo box? For some reason Virgin can't do a deal for Now, probably an issue with Sky. 

If you have a Chromecast you can download the NowTV app on your phone, tablet or computer and cast the video. 

If you have a game console, navigate to the store and download there. 

(or if you have a laptop, plug that into your TV and watch through there)

Thanks! I’ll do the latter I think. 👍
  • edited March 2021
    Just occured to me - my brother-in-law is moving this week. As they still have not sold their current place I am hoping he has not arranged for the internet to be chopped or I am screwed for Friday as there is a delay getting it put on in the new place...  

I should explain - we need the VPN tunnel he has set up to watch the match on Now TV.  

Sods law that would be. 😨
  • Donny are charging £2.50 for audio commentary only, I take it you can still listen on VP? 

I'll be watching on Sky.
  • For those using SurfShark VPN. SurfShark can be hit and miss as they very frequently experience server overload due to there being no restrictions on the number of connections allowed through any one account. You may experience connection issues, leading to no lifting of the blocks you're trying to circumnavigate. All that means is that you need to find a stable location to use. It's not an exact science so may take a while.

@PragueAddick if you just need to access UK sites such as Iplayer, All4 ITV Hub etc then I can recommend UKExpat VPN. Have used it a lot from Spain and only had a problem once which they rectified pretty quick. It is a pay service but they do a free trial (I Think).

No use though if you want to connect to other countries as it will only connect you back to the UK.
  • Anyone see the link on Now TV for the game? Nothing listed from what I can see..

• Didn’t the club say earlier in the season that there was a Sky game you couldn’t watch on VP which turned out to be bollocks?
  • edited March 2021
    Anyone see the link on Now TV for the game? Nothing listed from what I can see..

Its on Sky Sports Football channel from 12:00.  It's one of the eleven Sky Sports channels you get access to when you sign up for a Now TV pass.  I use Now TV - they recently offered me a deal for £20 a month for all channels until December which I thought was reasonable.  The game is listed in their on-line schedule.
  • Just occured to me - my brother-in-law is moving this week. As they still have not sold their current place I am hoping he has not arranged for the internet to be chopped or I am screwed for Friday as there is a delay getting it put on in the new place...  

I should explain - we need the VPN tunnel he has set up to watch the match on Now TV.  

Sods law that would be. 😨
    Ah - and so it came to pass. Bloody Virgin can't conect them until the 9th. Can't watch the England game tonight either. None of this was a problem last year... 
  • Sponsored links:

@PragueAddick if you just need to access UK sites such as Iplayer, All4 ITV Hub etc then I can recommend UKExpat VPN. Have used it a lot from Spain and only had a problem once which they rectified pretty quick. It is a pay service but they do a free trial (I Think).

No use though if you want to connect to other countries as it will only connect you back to the UK.
    I might give this a whirl, thanks for the tip @fat man on a moped  

I might give this a whirl, thanks for the tip @fat man on a moped  
    I'm stuck with Surfshark for another year, unfortunately. And yes I do need a flexible VPN occasionally, although it's true that most of the time I use it to connect to UK sites. Good tip though. 
  • VPN useless so far on U21 game. Keeps freezing after about a minute of watching. Tried it on the BBC and seems okay, so might be alright for the England game tonight on ITV... Does not bode well for Friday though. Couldn’t have been fucking Doncaster who caught the lurgi could it...
  • UK ExpatTV VPN is no good for Now TV, just so no one else wastes their time. I guess they have a way of knowing you are using it?

It worked on my wife's laptop for the England game last night on ITV - though it did buffer every now an then. Wouldn't work on my laptop for some inexplicable reason?  

It was no good for BBC iPlayer last night either (kept freezing) but seems okay this morning. Will try it again tonight and if it's NFG will cancel it.

So annoyed about Friday - of all the weekends to be without a UK connection... 

• There HAS to be moody streams out there for this one. 
  • I’ve signed up to a seven day free trial with NowTV. I’ve got the App on my TV, so I assume that I just go to the App tomorrow and pay? Really don’t want to miss this one. 
  • @JamesSeed seven day free trial of what with NowTV? They charge separately for entertainment, movies and sport, so having access to one of those doesn't mean you'll have access to the others. I would recommend going in at least half an hour before, as I've been caught out before by the player deciding it needs to be updated before it'll let me watch.
  • aliwibble said:
    @JamesSeed seven day free trial of what with NowTV? They charge separately for entertainment, movies and sport, so having access to one of those doesn't mean you'll have access to the others. I would recommend going in at least half an hour before, as I've been caught out before by the player deciding it needs to be updated before it'll let me watch.
    Yes this. 

Go on and buy the sports pass early, it'll be activated the moment you select the sports channels though, so just be aware of that. 
  • Don’t think you can get 7 days free for the sports pass just the other channels
  • If I get one day sport pass on now TV at this time does it end at 6.08pm tomorrow night?.