Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Memorial for Seb Lewis - pictures p2

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Well done to the banned fan who kicked this off, and to the democratic Charlton Athletic Supporters Trust for following this through.
    Yet another reason to become a member of the Trust for £5 a year.
    I don't know what this Brogue guy did to get banned but I think his role in this tribute should earn him the right to a "pardon" from the club and the ban being lifted.

I wonder if this is something CAST might broach with the club (not TK obvs) @Weegie Addick
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    seth plum said:
    Well done to the banned fan who kicked this off, and to the democratic Charlton Athletic Supporters Trust for following this through.
    I don't know what this Brogue guy did to get banned but I think his role in this tribute should earn him the right to a "pardon" from the club and the ban being lifted.

I wonder if this is something CAST might broach with the club (not TK obvs) @Weegie Addick
    Maybe Brogue could make a donation to the museum in order to lift the ban, earn the pardon.
    I would like to see him allowed back.
  • Options
    I think it was mentioned earlier in the thread that the banning order is enforced by the police, not the club - so very little they could do.
    I missed that, thanks.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Davo55 said:
    seth plum said:

Maybe Brogue could make a donation to the museum in order to lift the ban, earn the pardon.
    Please grow up
  • Options
    Unfortunately FBO’s don’t get overturned.
    They very rarely get enforced mind you but they don’t get overturned.

Think Brogue has to see it out unless the local old bill just turn a blind eye. Which might have happened when football clubs had their own liaison officers & not central ones.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Davo55 said:
    seth plum said:

It's a court imposed ban so even though, as I understand it, the club wanted him there and did ask the question the police said no.

He got, IIRC, a five year ban for bringing a smoke grenade and an offensive weapon (a knuckle duster) to a game at Gillingham.  The Court order expires soon (according to himself on twitter).

So a bloody stupid and potentially very dangerous thing to have done for which he has been punished but that doesn't take away from the brilliant job he did raising the money for this which the Supporters' Trust and the club then took up and got completed.

Edit

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/news/fan-banned-for-smoke-grenade-133662/
  • Options
    You can see Heather A holding her phone so that Brogue could watch the event live which i thought was a lovely thing to do.  

This is a magnificent mosaic.  Well done to all those involved. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Many thanks @Weegie Addick, @Henry Irving and others who have explained. I think it's a shame that the Police or other relevant authorities cant lift such an order when the perpetrator has clearly made amends. No excuses for his offence but what price redemption? But, I'm glad that the club want him back and that his ban will be over soon.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Davo55 said:
    seth plum said:

Please grow up
    Eh?
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    seth plum said:

A lot of effort was made by ourselves and the club to see what could be done re Brogue’s ban. However it was a police order banning him from being anywhere near a football ground on the day of a match - with no option to have it appealed or reduced at this stage, sadly.

Heather A of CAST linked up with Brogue on WhatsApp so he could follow the unveiling and he was very moved by his round of applause. 
    Can someone tell me what you have to do for this to happen.  :)  
  • Options
    Very moving 
  • Options
    Benji is named at the bottom of it @Weegie Addick
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    You’re correct. It says the article is by Benjy at the very bottom of the page.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Thanks, I missed that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I knew I’d ball, so I put off reading it until this morning.
    Absolutely in bits.
    His poor parents, their baby 💔
  • Options
    A very moving article, very well written by Benji. Done me when I read it yesterday morning.
    Saw the memorial yesterday afternoon. Stunning piece of work

Great club. Incredible fans 

• Options
    cafctom said:
    What a wonderful piece on Seb. Very moving.
  • Options
    That's a great piece deserving of a wider audience than just us lot.
  • Options
    great tribute to a man of whom it could truly be said .. Charlton Athletic was his life .. R I P Seb
  • Options
    Absolutely brilliant! And well deserved.
  • Options
    A wonderfully fitting piece by Benji and it speaks volumes about our Super Seb.
  • Options
    Same.  So enjoyed reading that article, the pictures too.  A wonderful tribute to a special Charlton fan and the mosaic is spot on.