Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sandgaard on TalkSport today [16/3/21]

13»

Comments

• Options
    barstool said:
    I have a feeling Thomas has known for a few weeks if not more, so they have a had a head start in the Manager recruitmnet, hence his bullish response  
    Pretty much what I said after Bow resigned. TS on top of things and already got plans
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Jordan obviously unaware that ESI sorted Bowyer's contract. Not Sandgaard. 

I remember when Jordan was saying, Sandgaard needs to run the club as he wants to. 

Also seems unaware Sandgaard has stated he will be getting a new manager in soon. 

I wonder if TalkShite cut those interviews to make things seem more dramatic than they are. I like how calm Sandgaard was on there. 
    Surely new contracts were offered when Thomas took over, I doubt anyone working at the club has a valid ESI contract of employment.
    No. It could have been TUPE'd if the Employer had changed, however this is not relevant where the Employer remains the same. 

As Charlton Athletic Football Company Liimited was transferred from ESI ownership to Sandgaard Capital ownership the Employing organisation has not changed. The owner of the organisation has. 

If ownership was transferred from Charlton Athletic Football Company Limited to another employer say Charlton Pathetic Football Company Limited, then contracts would be subject to TUPE.

I know football contracts are quite different to a regular contract so the aboe may not apply. 
    I imagine that's why Tone is still at the club. Difficult to get rid of straight away as he has a contract. TS probably biding his time until it's up or 'restructuring' to get rid of his job. I hope so anyway.

Non-football staff aren't generally employed on fixed term contracts. Keohane has been there about six years so would have accrued employment rights anyway, but I don't think he's still there for (club) financial reasons. If TS appointed a chief executive he could restructure him out.
    Exactly, the sooner he’s sacked the less sacking him costs. Let’s hope TS gets round to it sooner rather than later. 
  • Options
    If I was JJ, I'd play the bit from Jordan about them not trying for the rest of the season to the players. He can feel as sorry for us as he likes. Personally, I feel a bit sorry for Bristol Rovers. 
  • Options
    Seems pretty clear to me that TS already has (or had) a replacement in place, that's the only way he could possibly get everything in place by the weekend.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Obviously Simon Jordan doesn't watch too many Charlton games then
    Well, of course not - like Louis Mendez, he's Palace. :smile: