Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sandgaard on TalkSport today [16/3/21]

Thomas will be speaking to Jim White today, sometime before 13.00.

Comments

• Options
    On @ around 11AM
  • Options
    Thomas will be on at about 11am, apparently.
  • Options
    He's up early.
  • Options
    WSS said:
    He's up early.
    I don't think it's going to be live... 
  • Options
    coming up after the news.....which actually means about 11.20 after more talking bollocks and endless adverts 
  • Options
    On now
  • Options
    Bowyer not Bower
  • Options
    He wishes LB best of luck, no ill-feeling, this is the start of rebuilding still in early stages. Very short interview.
  • Options
    Jim trying to make a story that we will miss Bowyer and it is a massive spanner in our rebuilding plans. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sandgaard pretty much repeating what has already been said on the OS and SLP, and White trying to force it into a big issue storyline and get some juicy soundbites but TS ever the professional.

Not much to dissect there, so have to make do with football instead!
  • Options
    Sandgaard rates our players far higher than Bowyer did according to that interview. 

Jordan asking interesting questions as to why Bowyer wanted to leave. 
  • Options
    Neither White or Jordan have got a clue about the fact that our football has been rubbish lately and that LB may well have jumped before he was pushed. 
  • Options
    Sounds like Thomas gave him the sort of contract that would encourage him to leave, especially if no compo is due.
  • Options
    I think Jordan hit the nail on the head without even realising it there. Made a throwaway remark like "why would Thomas be like that if he thought Lee was any good..."
    Exactly. 
  • Options
    Exactly when did bowyer because a 'top draw' manager? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jordan again on the money. 
  • Options
    Sounds like Thomas gave him the sort of contract that would encourage him to leave, especially if no compo is due.
    Thomas had nothing to do with his contract. That was ES Shite
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Jordan obviously unaware that ESI sorted Bowyer's contract. Not Sandgaard. 

I remember when Jordan was saying, Sandgaard needs to run the club as he wants to. 

Also seems unaware Sandgaard has stated he will be getting a new manager in soon. 

I wonder if TalkShite cut those interviews to make things seem more dramatic than they are. I like how calm Sandgaard was on there. 
    Surely new contracts were offered when Thomas took over, I doubt anyone working at the club has a valid ESI contract of employment.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    shirty5 said:
    Jordan again on the money. 
    Have to disagree this time round. He's obviously reacted to that soundbite. He has ignored any of the actual details that have been put out by Sandgaard and the club.

First time I have felt he has not prepped for a discussion around us. 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    I think Jordan hit the nail on the head without even realising it there. Made a throwaway remark like "why would Thomas be like that if he thought Lee was any good..."

Reality of it is that he was probably going to be sacked at the end of the season. Thomas is probably happy he wont have to pay him off, nor make a decision that would potentially split the fanbase
    It's the way I see it. I'm not the most vociferous anti-Bowyer person - I can appreciate his successes but have had some grave reservations for over 12 months and in the meantime he's nearly 6 months into his new lease of life under TS with some very odd behaviour and underperforming.

TS has dodged the bullet of having to finance and front up to supporters on a "cult hero" departure.

It could have got very ugly.
  • Options
    Obviously Simon Jordan doesn't watch too many Charlton games then