Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    A really good read indeed.

I was aware of some parts of this that were previously unreleased but this really does paint the whole picture well

Proud to say a couple of people close to me also played a small part immediately after these events - but that's what anyone on here would have done for the club they support.  Well, anyone except that fucking worm Lee Amis anyway
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited March 2021
    Brilliant article. Really well written from Benjy Nurick. Charlton staff are really fantastic. Their actions helped get rid of Southall and provided a bridge to Thomas Sandgaard and proper, decent ownership. Heroes all.

Southall should never be let loose near a football club ever again. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great article. Thank you to those who stepped up when many others would of shrank. 
  • Options
    Bloody hero’s the lot of them. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Macronate said:

Well written article but am I the only one troubled by this extract?:

"On the afternoon of Thursday, March 12th, Tracey Leaburn, Ben Hayes, Mick Everett and two of Everett’s trusted colleagues, Martin Rowden and John Little — who had stepped up to support Everett when asked — met at a Costa Coffee in Charlton".

Have those above ever come clean about the drinks (and, possibly, rice crispy chocolate cakes) purchased in Costa and how they were paid for? Were they charged to the club?

Costa Coffee is not cheap and I see no reason why the perpetrators above couldn't have convened at a greasy spoon or outside a McDonald's for a conflab.

The Range Rovers I can handle, but the above requires clarification.

and it was in Charlton.

• Options
    Saw I had shared this on Facebook one year ago today. Sounds like something from a football film or TV drama.

• Options
    Brilliant article and a fascinating insight to what was going on - a debt of gratitude to all involved.

This is the story of one night - there must be a books worth of content on the last few years with the testimony of those on the inside. Frankly I'd love the same sort of insight on Meire and Duchatelet and their personal impact on the club and those around it...
  • Options
    Really well done to all involved that evening.