Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread : Charlton Athletic v Northampton Town | Tues 9 March 2021

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2021

• Options
    Happy 19th birthday to Addicks left-back and @ChelseaFC loanee, @maatsen_ian #cafc

• Options
    Nice to win a home game. Let's get this run going. #cafc
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Didn't we spend less time in the top six than any other contender during our promotion season?

We went on to scrape though in the playoffs and win the final in the last minute.  Bow is just bringing the side up on the rails now, hold on tight, it could be a bumpy ride and a grandstand finish. 

It's all about timing. 🤞
    Not entirely sure about our opponents but once we found ourselves in the top six after the 17th game, we only spent one week outside the play-offs.

On further research:

-Sunderland never left the top six after the third week of the season.
    -Portsmouth were top six from the second week onwards.
    -From game week 30 onwards, Doncaster spent 15/16 weeks in sixth position.

-Barnsley spent 45/46 weeks in the top six, once they reached the top two by week 30, they never dropped out.
    -can’t find the same data on Luton unfortunately
  • Options
    2-1 home win to Northampton Town in the 3rd Division!

My cup runneth over...
    I have been walking around today feeling 10 feet tall. What a day to be a Charlton fan.
  • Options
    esseffect said:
    Still can’t understand the negativity on here. By no means are we suddenly a great team so it’s not all roses, but just believe we will do well until it’s impossible to go up via play offs.

Bowyer in, Bowyer out..., neither side of the fence are ‘right’ yet
    you do the Okie-Kokie and you turn about

I thought everyone knew the words to that one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A good 3 points, maybe not a polished performance again, but, it's building up for the run in. 

Think I've put Washington in most post match line ups in the 433 out wide, like him a lot and with a more direct Winger on one side having the work horse on the other is great balance.

Keep it going and with player and manager confidence returning those better, more fluid performances will come too.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Doesn’t Watson know we can’t beat 10 men?
  • Options
    A lot of players who some have accused of not caring seem to have been doing better of late. Hopefully LB will continue to get more out of them.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    A lot of players who some have accused of not caring seem to have been doing better of late. Hopefully LB will continue to get more out of them.
    And it’s all thanks to Bowyer! *party poppers in there hundreds go off*
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    esseffect said:
    Is it? Myself and some others have heard that a meeting took place between players and manager and agreement was to put history in its place. Personally I have not heard whether it was instigated by Bowyer, the players, GR or TS.

Bowyer has seemed more relaxed as do the players which can only be good whoever instigated it deserves a pat on the back.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    esseffect said:
    Is it? Myself and some others have heard that a meeting took place between players and manager and agreement was to put history in its place. Personally I have not heard whether it was instigated by Bowyer, the players, GR or TS.

Bowyer has seemed more relaxed as do the players which can only be good whoever instigated it deserves a pat on the back.
    I have no idea, probably not.

Just the rhetoric on here was that when we were failing it was all his fault.. so I assume the opposite must Be the case in their eyes? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2021
    ross1 said:
    Cobblers receive apology over penalty

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1070441875?-11197:833
    Did we ever receive an apology for the second pen against Blackpool? It's about time we had a bit of luck.
  • Options
    What good does an apology do? The games done, can't rectify it, move on in my opinion.
  • Options
    Just run and jump in to any player jumping higher  and claim a penalty
  • Options
    ross1 said:

I agree. It's a difficult call but for me JFC jumps into their player than the other way.
    Even if JFC came off worse.
    About time a decision went for us.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    esseffect said:

I asked Watson & Pratley on the 12th Feb and they said there had been no meeting.
    So if there was it must have been in the last month.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    esseffect said:

I asked Watson & Pratley on the 12th Feb and they said there had been no meeting.
    It was apparently around/after Blackpool. Can't be certain, but it came from someone I trust.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    esseffect said:

It was apparently around/after Blackpool. Can't be certain, but it came from someone I trust.
    It’s pretty clear something happened. My money is on TS instigating a meeting/shake-up. If we’d carried on the way we were the season would have be over by now, and the clamour to remove Bowyer would have been hard to ignore. 
    It’s certainly made Tuesdays and Saturdays less horrendous. (And increasingly enjoyable).
  • Options
    In all honesty it doesn't really matter all that much what happened or at whose instigation. There's clearly an improvement in morale and form so let's just accept it gratefully and hope it lasts.
  • Options
    Bollox to em!

For years now we have had the shitty end of the stick... results, decisions, sendings off, og's, worldies against us, not including a steady procession of shite owners and chancers trying to rip us off!

A few more like Tuesday please God and keep em coming!
  • Options
    ross1 said:

I agree. It's a difficult call but for me JFC jumps into their player than the other way.
    Even if JFC came off worse.
    About time a decision went for us.
    It's little and large jumping into each other isn't it.
    Usually the one who comes off worst gets the decision and so it was