Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread : Charlton Athletic v Northampton Town | Tues 9 March 2021 : 7pm ko

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2021
    I can hear everything without commentators. Ref just told two players (Stockley and one of theirs) 'That was both of you' when the Northampton player tried to claim the foul. 

Jacko just told Pearce to give the early shout. 
  • Options
    12'

Post update

Fraser Horsfall (Northampton Town) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• Options
    Northampton pump the ball forward but it goes straight to Amos.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    Suddenly not so optimistic about this one...

what has Deji done to be abandoned again? 

I’m sure it because of the way the central defenders were backing of players running through the middle. It was mentioned in the post game that one of them should’ve been closing the space. In the example, it was definitely Deji who should have stepped up as he was covering nobody. 
  • Options
    How did this lot put 4 past Pompey ??
  • Options
    Bowyer appears to have the hump with the 4th official already
  • Options
    We've lost a bit of our control in the last couple of minutes. Need to feed Albie. 

(Marshall calling Stockley to stand on their free kick)
  • Options
    Washington springs the offisde trap, gets the ball to Millar, whose pass goes back to him, but his attempted cross is blocked to give us a corner.
  • Options
    Right I'm back to work for the next 15. 
  • Options
    Pompey flatter to deceive at times. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Corner cleared and Northampton go on the counter attack - Maatsen ends up in a bit of trouble in the RH corner but manages to clear it in the end
  • Options
    Confusing that Northampton have a Watson and a Miller!
  • Options
    Morgan has a heavy touch in the area, which is a shame because he'd done some good work in combination with Maatsen and Washington.
  • Options
    Set pieces i think
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Right I'm back to work for the next 15. 
    Working on whom 😏
  • Options
    JFC switches play to the right - ball goes over Millar to Gunter, but his cross goes straight to the keeper.
  • Options
    Gunter makes bad choices in defence and attack. Just my view and not based solely on this game 
  • Options
    Oof, poor ball from Pratley to Gunter nearly put him in trouble.
  • Options
    Nothing from CAFC twitter since the 4th minute
  • Options
    Started brightly but that's fading a bit now.

Football really does need fans back ASAP 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    21' Charlton 0-0 #NTFC We're yet to really get going in an attacking sense, with Charlton the quicker of the two sides out of the blocks.
  • Options
    Very third division match really. How often is the bloody ball out of play, or is this just me?
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Gunter makes bad choices in defence and attack. Just my view and not based solely on this game 
    Sorry mate - disagree - IMO he is a good player
  • Options
    Morgan switches the play over to Gunter on the right, and he gets give a free kick by the RH touchline.
  • Options
    Very third division match really. How often is the bloody ball out of play, or is this just me?
    If it’s out of play we can’t concede.

Tactical.
  • Options
    Morgan takes, but it's headed clear.
  • Options
    It’s just you. Riveting stuff.
  • Options
    Was that a handball from Stockley?
  • Options
    Thet have a free kick about 15 yards out near the RH touchline.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!