Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread : Charlton Athletic v Northampton Town | Tues 9 March 2021 : 7pm ko

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Loving the memories from Fortune, and the goal against Palarse.
    Great to ram that celebration from Johnson after his penalty right back in his face, and that resignation look from Dowie, wonderful times... Young Fish Costa Fortune :)
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Leuth said:
    I don't know what Deji could have done there that wouldn't have resulted in a penalty?
    Ok let's give him the benefit of the doubt. Bowyer did that and played him in the next game.

What's the excuse for the two goals he played a part in against Blackpool?

I don't want to hammer on Deji too much, I'm sure he's a lovely bloke but he's lower League One level at best.
  • Options
    Another team line up which is sadly massively changed, but I can see why all those changes have happened. (Except maybe  Morgan, but I’m glad to see him in)

Clearly Deji has been at fault for some goals given his absence.

If we lose thats Bowyers head for square pegs, round holes.

that’s my prediction 
  • Options
    The Blackpool penalty, sure.

The other goal, none of our CMs were anywhere near the player. Pratley was busy having the worst game anyone's had for us since peak Endtimes Solly - I'd much rather blame him tbh
  • Options
    I really cant see us keeping a clean sheet tonight with that defense so we will need a few goals to get anything out of this game. I also dont understand how Pratley walks back in the starting lineup after 2 sending offs for stupidity 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Oshilaja's been mostly good recently. Bowyer loves an irrational grudge. Pratley is a decent CB at this level but so is Oshilaja
    Across the Burton and Blackpool defeats, he was at least partially responsible for three of the five goals we conceded.

Burton equaliser - lost his man at the back post.

Blackpool penalty - allowed his man to get goal side of him and took him down

Blackpool long distance effort - it was his responsibility to come out and charge down the shot but he was standing there doing nothing
    Don't forget  gifting the Gills the early goal as well.
    Oshilaja has been shocking in the last few games he played.
    It's astonishing that anyone  would think he's dropped tonight when he was dropped weeks ago.
    It's even more astonishing that some fans have already forgotten all the goals he's given away in the last few games he cost us. 
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    Suddenly not so optimistic about this one...

what has Deji done to be abandoned again? 

He put in a horrendous performance 10 days ago against Blackpool and was dropped for it - I'm not sure we'll see him playing for us again.
    As opposed to Pratley who was outstanding that day. Deji was fantastic for a month or so. He's not good enough to play in a promotion winning team, hence why he plays for us, but to pick Pratley over him is bewildering. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Also, Smith has been a big part of our recent slide being arrested. Didn't deserve to be dropped imo. Morgan for Watson the change I'd have liked to see
    So has Watson?!
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Oshilaja's been mostly good recently. Bowyer loves an irrational grudge. Pratley is a decent CB at this level but so is Oshilaja
    Across the Burton and Blackpool defeats, he was at least partially responsible for three of the five goals we conceded.

Burton equaliser - lost his man at the back post.

Blackpool penalty - allowed his man to get goal side of him and took him down

Blackpool long distance effort - it was his responsibility to come out and charge down the shot but he was standing there doing nothing
    Don't forget  gifting the Gills the early goal as well.
    Oshilaja has been shocking in the last few games he played.
    It's astonishing that anyone  would think he's dropped tonight when he was dropped weeks ago.
    It's even more astonishing that some fans have already forgotten all the goals he's given away in the last few games he cost us. 
    And Pearce hasn't? Or Pratley at CB? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    not starting aneke is the most baffling thing for me - what on earth is he saving him for? 
  • Options
    Ffs that’s a pony line up but still good enough to get the job done 
    3-2 Charlton 

Charlton 40%
    Draw 35%
    Northampto 25%
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    not starting aneke is the most baffling thing for me - what on earth is he saving him for? 
    Impact from the bench against tired legs 
  • Options

Warm-ups are in the bag on a mild evening in south London... Kick-off is just around the corner. #cafc

• Options
    Love hearing about Jorge Costa!! 
    Quote from Curbs about Jorge was hilarious Jorge said "I don't do Boxing Day" :)
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Warm-ups are in the bag on a mild evening in south London... Kick-off is just around the corner. #cafc

"Right leg:  check"
  • Options
    How does pratley walk back in again, I love the guy to pieces but there must be players scratching their heads thinking what do I have to do
    Purrington is the scapegoat but Pratley can get himself sent off twice in games that we lose, has to miss matches too as a result but all is immediately forgiven.
    I’m not surprised Pratley is back in, probably won’t be dropped now, unlike every other player bar Amos, well until he gets sent off again. So we’re back to Watson and Pratley. Pleased about Albie though.
  • Options
    Eyes down look in and reach for the wine 🍷
  • Options
    Love hearing about Jorge Costa!! 
    He available?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pearce and Pratley starting...........what odds on them both finishing ? (on the pitch , that is)
  • Options
    Cheers for doing this Oggy.
    Thank him when it's over.

:D 
  • Options
    How many goals.has Aneke scored from the bench I hear you cry...

6 in 16 from the bench 

6 in 11 from the start

• Options
    Pratley man of the match performance tonight  .

You heard it here first. 
  • Options
    Oh wow... Those comments from Curbs make that Palace game even better - What idiots to leave a load of notes laying around, especially after Brazil used our press as their teamtalk in the 2002 World Cup 
    Wonder how those players felt when that manager took over 18 months later..... 
  • Options
    Is Jon Fortune talking of a script?
  • Options
    Where will you be following the Addicks from? Let us know!

• Options
    4-0 addicks. Pearce hat trick and gun slinger with the 4th
  • Options
    Still talking on valley pass and teams only just coming out ? 
  • Options
    Did the players just come our of our own tunnel, instead of down the stairs?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!