Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Athletic v Northampton Town | Tues 9 March | 7pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

124»

Comments

• Even if we win, I dont think its a sign that we will mount a charge into the playoffs. Our run-in of games looks way too difficult. 
  • CAFCTrev said:
    Even if we win, I dont think its a sign that we will mount a charge into the playoffs. Our run-in of games looks way too difficult. 
    Come on, positive thinking now, can't do any more than win, and if we do, which i feel we will, then on to the next game, the playoffs may look a bit distant, but with your way of thinking we may as well not even turn up.
    Really looking forward to seeing Jon Fortune and no doubt the re-run of "that goal" against Palarse
  • Every win will increase the tension. At least it won’t be boring. 
  • ross1 said:
    Jeez what happened to that finishing ability?
  • CAFCTrev said:
    Even if we win, I dont think its a sign that we will mount a charge into the playoffs. Our run-in of games looks way too difficult. 
    You say this, but apparently we do better against the so called better sides. You can always spin a positive, by playing the sides above we can get nearer if we do well. Ok its a massive ifs and butts, but hey ho for the time being we need to take each game as it comes. Its looking less likely but who knows. 
  • CAFCTrev said:
    Come on, positive thinking now
    Nah Ill pass, been burned too many times!
  • CAFCTrev said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    That's all part of being a Charlton supporter ain't it, the odd burn or two, makes the healing even better
  • Can't see it being especially pretty tonight if I am honest - a lot of Northampton's play is rather route 1.  Goals lately have come from free kicks or corners and even from a free kick in their own half that their keeper just hoofed towards the box.  

#8 Watson is in fine form and looks pretty dangerous so the holding midfielder will need to keep an eye on him - whether that be Watson or Pratley (if he's available) and Mark Marshall (remember him) has 3 assists in the last 5 games too.

They will likely play a 4-2-3-1 with Edmondson the target and Watson in behind him while Hoskins and Marshall supply the width but last week played a 4-3-3- for the first time and that seemed to work bloody well for them against Pompey.  Edmondson  is the one on loan from Leeds and seems rather highly thought of but he is yet to get off the mark.

I think the centre backs and holding midfielder tonight will have tough games and Amos will need to be alert to balls being launched into the box.  If we can handle that than that's half the battle won.

Their keeper has a tendency to stop and start coming off his line and seems to spread himself ineffectively.  If we can create a few chances it might be a good opportunity for someone like Schwarz if he plays.

Playing long ball with their defenders is unlikely to pay dividends tonight - movement will beat them.
  • CAFCTrev said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    That's all part of being a Charlton supporter ain't it, the odd burn or two, makes the healing even better
    ...but leaves plenty of scars!
  • It'll be hard to watch at times but we'll get the job done. 2-1 victory.
  • Sponsored links:

• Like that line up and 433 from sage although would go aneke through the middle with Washington wide right.

Another unspectacular game and as such a hard fought 1-0 win.
  • All these comments of unspectacular win etc... You just know we will either steam roller them or the opposite!
  • Would like to Schwartz start and get a coupe. With that in mind I’m going 2-3. 
  • If Albie plays and doesn't do well, Bowyer will use it as justification for why he has been leaving him out

On the other hand, if Albie plays and does well, no doubt Bowyer will take the credit for it - "I had to leave him out to get that reaction"

;) 
  • If Albie plays and doesn't do well, Bowyer will use it as justification for why he has been leaving him out

On the other hand, if Albie plays and does well, no doubt Bowyer will take the credit for it - "I had to leave him out to get that reaction"

;) 
    If Morgan does do well Bowyer will sub him.
  • I am feeling quietly confident about this game - don’t know why, just do - Addicks win 2-0

Perhaps I shouldn’t have cracked open a bottle of Rioja at 5.00pm.....
  • Looks like Albie Morgan is in the squad tonight... 

Too fricken right. Double assist and wonder goal from Albie tonight!

Now where's my meds?
  • edited March 2021
    Oh god Pratley's in defence! Back down to earth.

CAFC 3-4 Northampton
  • Sponsored links:

• P.s @Ollywozere knows we wanted him back!
  • Their striker isn't going to cause us grief with his pace which is a bonus because Pearce and Pratley will be like a pair of glaciers back there
  • JamesSeed said:
    Shinnie and Smith would be a good combo. 
    Maybe next time lol
  • I thought Albie started well but faded.