Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wrestling thread

Comments

• Options
    Watch the TK press conference after the show. Herb Abrams II
    I just have, that's more than a Pepsi........ 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Watch the TK press conference after the show. Herb Abrams II
    I just have, that's more than a Pepsi........ 
    Khan's dealer must earn an absolute fortune!!
  • Options
    Enjoyed Double or Nothing.

CM Punk as a World Champion in a major US promotion is something that a year ago nobody could foresee coming. They’ve built it well too. Didn’t rush it, and timed it just right.

Anarchy in the Arena was a real dark horse of a match. Didn’t have much expectation of it going in, but they went full throttle from start to finish.
  • Options

The last world champion to be managed by the 🐐?
  • Options
    That MJF promo 😍 🔥🔥
  • Options
    That was absolutely brilliant thanks for sharing.  That forth wheel is, as Ernie Ladd would say, a seat under the learning tree.

I did wonder how they were going to get a 🪜 out from under the car.

Have you seen the Bryan and Regal masterclass videos they do before TVs?
  • Options
    That MJF promo 😍 🔥🔥
    I simply can’t get my head around how he keeps outdoing himself. The absolute rage in that promo was astounding. 

I think it’s a work, but with a promo that strong - can anybody be 100%? If it is….then fair fucking play to MJF / AEW, because it’s must see television as long as this goes on. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    That MJF promo 😍 🔥🔥
    I simply can’t get my head around how he keeps outdoing himself. The absolute rage in that promo was astounding. 

I think it’s a work, but with a promo that strong - can anybody be 100%? If it is….then fair fucking play to MJF / AEW, because it’s must see television as long as this goes on. 
    Jerry Jarrett rules of promo number 1.

Give them something they know is true, then take it from there.

Very much like football, its a simple game complicated by idiots.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I expect it’s an angle that has every element of truth in it, and it’s bloody great that they’re leaning into it.

Very speculative prediction here….

MJF stated at the end of the feud with CM Punk that some time down the line he was going to give him the “most embarrassing loss of his career”.

I reckon next year they’re going to go with a story that mirrors CM Punk / WWE from Money in the Bank 2011, playing on the whole ‘will he take the belt away from the company’ plot. 

They keep mentioning the 2024 contract expiration, so there has to be something they’re building to with that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:
    I expect it’s an angle that has every element of truth in it, and it’s bloody great that they’re leaning into it.

Very speculative prediction here….

MJF stated at the end of the feud with CM Punk that some time down the line he was going to give him the “most embarrassing loss of his career”.

I reckon next year they’re going to go with a story that mirrors CM Punk / WWE from Money in the Bank 2011, playing on the whole ‘will he take the belt away from the company’ plot. 

They keep mentioning the 2024 contract expiration, so there has to be something they’re building to with that.
    Tell people something they know is true, then they will bite on somethings they know might be true, then they will believe anything.

MJF was right he makes you feel.  I love Bryan in the ring, he is the best in world at what I like.  But he doesn't make you feel it.  MJF, and Punk, are probably in the top 5 of my life time for that.  Piper, Dusty and the original Stone Cold run.  Can I make it six and add Flair?

The best story never told was that Brett never went to WCW but the survivor series went down as it did and he came in at about 24 in the rumble.......
  • Options

According to uncle Dave double or nothing was much better than Mania x7

https://www.iwnerd.com/dave-meltzer-star-ratings-wrestlemania-17-xseven/
  • Options
    Thunder Rosa Serena Deeb was forgettable, Bucks Hardys was poor, mainly due to Jeff getting a concussion early on, and I don't get how a match like Anarchy In The Arena can get a 5 star rating, it's just too chaotic
  • Options

That's before the HIAC!!!
  • Options
    What a maniac/fool.
  • Options

• Options
    Apparently his blood alcohol level was at 0.294. the legal limit in the US is 0.08. 

At 0.30-0.39% you may be unconscious and your potential for death increases. Along with a loss of understanding, at this BAC you’ll also experience severe increases in your heart rate, irregular breathing and may have a loss of bladder control.

.40 and above is generally a coma or death.

Dude needs a lot of help, and fast
  • Options
    Oh dear. How very sad. Unfortunately I didn’t want AEW to sign him for this very reason - I guess it’s impossible to prove definitively you’re over your demons but the way he left WWE didn’t scream that he was happy and healthy. 

Hope this is a wake up call - and if wrestling as a whole could address the regular DUIs that’d be good too 😟
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It’s not the first time an allegation has been made - I remember reading about one from the 80s or 90s but nothing came of it so innocent until proven otherwise

maybe 2+2=5 to link the two but I was amazed to read in the Observer that they are burying (bad mouthing) Stephanie on her way out, which you would’ve assumed Vince would’ve immediately put a stop to. Think the comments on Stephanie were  in that same journal actually
  • Options
    I would love a documentary series on Vinces life. Must be so much waiting to come out 
  • Options
    Several websites reporting that Sasha Banks has been released. 

I imagine TK will be eager to open his cheque book again 
  • Options
    Vince making secret payments to a woman he reportedly had an affair with is the least shocking thing I've ever heard
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Up he goes.

• Options
    Please tell me this isn't real

• Options
    Of course it is, 2 of the best wrestlers in the world duking it out! (If only they could make it a triple threat with Seth Rollins)
  • Options
    Up he goes.

Hes up against a machine too strong.