Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wrestling thread

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    cafctom said:
    The Wheela Yuta/Jon Moxley match on Rampage was great. 

Nice little story going on with Regal’s faction.
    I'll probably watch Rampage tomorrow, I don't normally watch it, but I have just finished watching last week's Dynamite, for the second time. 

I have been massively critical of it before and I actually found it unwatchable at times.  Even earlier this year I said it was an hour of very good and an hour of awful.

But that was 75% brilliant.  He finally either listening to, or give power to, people that know what they are doing.  More of that please Tony.  
    Even Cornette loved The Young Bucks match!
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    cafctom said:
    The Wheela Yuta/Jon Moxley match on Rampage was great. 

Nice little story going on with Regal’s faction.
    I'll probably watch Rampage tomorrow, I don't normally watch it, but I have just finished watching last week's Dynamite, for the second time. 

I have been massively critical of it before and I actually found it unwatchable at times.  Even earlier this year I said it was an hour of very good and an hour of awful.

But that was 75% brilliant.  He finally either listening to, or give power to, people that know what they are doing.  More of that please Tony.  
    Even Cornette loved The Young Bucks match!
    I watched it, listened to the experience then watched it again.  It was better 2nd time round as well.

Still things I would like to see done differently but that will always be true. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Nobody:  what I really want to see is old Eric v Uncle Dave

Tony: Hold my beer/whiteclaw/line 

If that was Conrad and not Tony I would be very interested.
    I would rather it on a q and a pod cast with cohost Brian Last....

Talking of Conrad (do you rent or own your own home) Thompson, does anyone have the add free gimmick?  I listened to a grilling Jr the other day and about 40% of it was adverts.  I wouldn't mind as much but I couldn't actually by anything that was advertised, even if I wanted to. 
    Sounds like he's selling you ad free shows. 😉. I don't mind the adverts, can fast forward them. Louis rules at 70 is worth a listen.

Can't handle a 4 hour podcast of Jim telling us how much everything sucks. The cult Facebook group is actually a cult.

• Options
    Rumours are Undertaker is getting his own talk show similar to broken skull sessions. I'm equal parts excited to hear his stories and sad that the enigma and character of The Undertaker is being stripped back so much by Mark Callaway
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Rumours are Undertaker is getting his own talk show similar to broken skull sessions. I'm equal parts excited to hear his stories and sad that the enigma and character of The Undertaker is being stripped back so much by Mark Callaway
    I think Broken Skull and The Last Ride was the perfect limit of breaking 'taker's kayfabe for me. Apparently in Q&As he's been asked various secrets (buried alive and casket matches) and refused to answer them. If they expose anymore it will take away for me, ignorance is bliss. It was bad enough they ended the streak. 
  • Options
    A better 26 year old on the stick? 

The Rock was only about 28 at X7.  Old Maxi is going to be an all time great either way. 
  • Options
    They need to let wrestlers swear more, like what's a really quick way to make a fued?

"Hey MJF, you're a scummy prick and I wanna punch you in your smarmy fucking face"

"Well then let's go you sack of shit, how 'bout I beat your ass worse than I beat your wife's last night?"

Job done.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

The Rock was only about 28 at X7.  Old Maxi is going to be an all time great either way. 
    Didn't really enjoy The Rock' s promos, unlike the audience. Couldn't stand the 'It doesn't matter..' line apart from when he did it to Jericho! 😃

The person trying to explain to him what a mark is, FFS....
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Didn't really enjoy The Rock' s promos, unlike the audience. Couldn't stand the 'It doesn't matter..' line apart from when he did it to Jericho! 😃

The person trying to explain to him what a mark is, FFS....
    The Rocks promo was brilliant from 98-01 it would have got stale very quickly if he had stayed.  Him and Cena on the mic was good as well, by both of them.

Have you seen the comparison video doing the rounds of Brett and Punk?
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Brilliant isn't it, there was a similar one of Brett v Golddust after last week's.  Can't wait to watch the FTR match tomorrow morning.

This made me laugh though https://fb.watch/cHkRvpeKS_/

Edit:
  • Options
    Anyone ever seen this?

https://youtu.be/C-B5CuC98rg
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Literally 20 mins ago I watched the ending of him vs HBK.

One of the most beautiful ways to end a career possible. Or so I thought. 

I’m assuming he’s pretty desperate for money.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Literally 20 mins ago I watched the ending of him vs HBK.

One of the most beautiful ways to end a career possible. Or so I thought. 

I’m assuming he’s pretty desperate for money.
    He has had more last matches than Terry Funk.
  • Options
    I don't think he has money issues, just can't walk away, this won't be his last match either. I'm more surprised that Jim  Crockett promotions are back?! When did that happen?

Funk is probably his opponent!😃
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Sasha Banks Naomi story is very interesting, Naomi is married to one of The Uso's, part of the Anoa'i family, who obviously hold a lot of weight and power in the overall Wrestling world. 

Sasha Banks is one of their biggest draws, and is just starting to break into Hollywood (she had a role in The Mandalorian) so again is in a bit of a position of power in all of this. 

And if they get fired, AEW have suddenly got 2 amazingly athletic women to join their roster
  • Options
    Flair V Steamboat is probably the best rivalry in wrestling. It'll probably be an O.K. match but I'm worried they could tarnish their legacy with this. I think the sorry I love you spot was the perfect way for Flair to bow out.

BTW Steamboat's real name is one of the best heel names in wrestling, Richard Blood! 

Sasha Naomi thing is odd, rumour is they wanted to split the group with Naomi challenging Belair for the strap and joining the Bloodline. Sasha has complained before about creative. The two women not mentioned in the statement are Viper and Nicki Cross who are fine workers.
  • Options
    How many times has Banks thrown a tantrum now? 
  • Options
    Flair V Steamboat is probably the best rivalry in wrestling. It'll probably be an O.K. match but I'm worried they could tarnish their legacy with this. I think the sorry I love you spot was the perfect way for Flair to bow out.

BTW Steamboat's real name is one of the best heel names in wrestling, Richard Blood! 

Sasha Naomi thing is odd, rumour is they wanted to split the group with Naomi challenging Belair for the strap and joining the Bloodline. Sasha has complained before about creative. The two women not mentioned in the statement are Viper and Nicki Cross who are fine workers.
    Of you were shoot called Dick Blood, why would you change it?  Maybe Flair Sting but its certainly in the top 5 and had the better matches.

When uncle dave first mentioned it he said Flair and FTR v The Rock and Roll Express and someone else.  Someone on twitter replied I don't know who the Roll Express is but it would be great to see Dwayn back in the ring 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

• Options

• Options
    Haven't watched much wrestling recently, but thought Double Or Nothing was excellent
  • Options
    Haven't watched much wrestling recently, but thought Double Or Nothing was excellent
    Probably watch it tomorrow if its on DM. 

I am more excited/intrested in about what comes next. 
  • Options
    Watch the TK press conference after the show. Herb Abrams II