Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

British savoury foods

123457»

Comments

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    Everyone kicking off on here like it's an official legitimate list, instead of some infographic some kid knocked together in his lunch hour.

Honestly, this place becomes more like Netmums every day.
    My 13 year old hovers over me with a knife and a gleeful expression every night.

AIBU to be worried?
  • Options
    Oh well each to their own, no right or wrong.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Everyone kicking off on here like it's an official legitimate list, instead of some infographic some kid knocked together in his lunch hour.

You hang around on netmums much ?
  • Options
    Hear hear. Pie and mash should be 1 below the crap list. Mrs and her parents love it, freaks.
    You want a fight as well?
    Is there enough space in the MAKRO car park for all the people who are going turn up for this rumble ??

Might have to put some catering on as well - pie and mash stall for the lower classes, Indian for the more cultured of us 😉
    If we have a curry cook off then I think I've got that one covered. Been cooking proper curries for years. None of this 'created for the British pallet' muck.
    Nice one BBW, I was bought a subscription to "The Spicery" for a Christmas present, I get sent a curry kit each month and all I have to do is buy the fresh ingredients and cook it. We have done the Jan & Feb ones and they were very authentic and original, as you say way above the "British pallet muck" dished up nowadays.   
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    PopIcon said:

You ok hun? xx
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    PopIcon said:

Don’t think anyone’s taking it too seriously on here to be honest 
  • Options
    Hear hear. Pie and mash should be 1 below the crap list. Mrs and her parents love it, freaks.
    Is there enough space in the MAKRO car park for all the people who are going turn up for this rumble ??

Might have to put some catering on as well - pie and mash stall for the lower classes, Indian for the more cultured of us 😉
    If we have a curry cook off then I think I've got that one covered. Been cooking proper curries for years. None of this 'created for the British pallet' muck.
    Nice one BBW, I was bought a subscription to "The Spicery" for a Christmas present, I get sent a curry kit each month and all I have to do is buy the fresh ingredients and cook it. We have done the Jan & Feb ones and they were very authentic and original, as you say way above the "British pallet muck" dished up nowadays.   
    ‘The Spicery’ looks really good - just signed up for a subscription - will post a pic of our first curry made with the ingredients in due course
  • Options

‘The Spicery’ looks really good - just signed up for a subscription - will post a pic of our first curry made with the ingredients in due course
    You will not be disappointed. We sent off for the Valentines date night box in addition to my subscription and it was fantastic. A starter, main, breads and a very fiery pickle plus a dessert. As it was three courses we prepared some bits in the morning to make things a bit easier in the evening.

Enjoy 
  • Options

You will not be disappointed. We sent off for the Valentines date night box in addition to my subscription and it was fantastic. A starter, main, breads and a very fiery pickle plus a dessert. As it was three courses we prepared some bits in the morning to make things a bit easier in the evening.

Enjoy 
    We will have to create a ‘Rate my homemade curry plate’ thread !!!
  • Options

Enjoy 
    We will have to create a ‘Rate my homemade curry plate’ thread !!!
    I've been using Mrs Balbir Singh spices for the last 6 months or so, came with a number of recipe cards as well 

https://mrsbalbirsingh.com/ 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How spicy are the ones people have had?  

• Options

If you are referring to The Spicery ones Neil you can adjust to suit. The recipe tells you how hot/mild it is before you get started, however you can adjust the amount of spices you add from the packets you get sent. So if you are unsure go easy at first.

Most of the recipes we have had so far are for 4 x people. The first one we did we used all the ingredients, ate two meals and put two in the freezer. The second one we cooked we just halved all the ingredients, made two meals and kept the rest back to go again.

Plus if you take out a subscription you can log on and order whatever you fancy from that months selection as long as it is before the 27th of the month, if not they just send you their choice. So if you do this you can pre-select whatever strength you want.   
  • Options

If you are referring to The Spicery ones Neil you can adjust to suit. The recipe tells you how hot/mild it is before you get started, however you can adjust the amount of spices you add from the packets you get sent. So if you are unsure go easy at first.

Most of the recipes we have had so far are for 4 x people. The first one we did we used all the ingredients, ate two meals and put two in the freezer. The second one we cooked we just halved all the ingredients, made two meals and kept the rest back to go again.

Plus if you take out a subscription you can log on and order whatever you fancy from that months selection as long as it is before the 27th of the month, if not they just send you their choice. So if you do this you can pre-select whatever strength you want.   
    Perfect - thanks.

Like the idea of it but can't go spicy - I don't mind too much unless it's blown your head off, but the rest of the family aren't too keen on spicy!
  • Options

Perfect - thanks.

Like the idea of it but can't go spicy - I don't mind too much unless it's blown your head off, but the rest of the family aren't too keen on spicy!
    You do not need to go straight in with a subscription, if heat is an issue for the family the easy kits might be a good starting point, for example the link below shows it's a 2/5 on the heat scale which is one of the mild ones and for £3.25 you cannot go wrong although you do have to buy the fresh ingredients. 

Javanese Curry with Chilli Sambal (thespicery.com)
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

You hang around on netmums much ?
    Yes, I work with them.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    T_C_E said:
    Northerners, definitely Northerners. Yorkshire world be my guess.

As someone who’s spent the majority of his life in Yorkshire I’d say that’s a very good guess. Definitely uncultured enough to think curry sauce on kebab meat is a good idea.