Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who is the next 'best player in the world'?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Mbappe is the best player at this WC. Would be great to see him in the PL.
  • Options
    Bellingham and Mbappe the two best players at this WC for me 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    So just to give this a refresh - Haaland of Mbappe?  who are we fancying more now?

Both incredibly players imo.  
    Tough one but for me maybe Mbappe just about edges it as he's shown even at international/WC level that he can turn up an extra gear and take the whole team through games they looked second best.

Then again he is part of a much better national side than Haaland so maybe its not fair to judge on that basis.

Maybe City will decide to sign Mbappe too and play both up front just for banter.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Swisdom said:
    So just to give this a refresh - Haaland of Mbappe?  who are we fancying more now?

Both incredibly players imo.  
    Tough one but for me maybe Mbappe just about edges it as he's shown even at international/WC level that he can turn up an extra gear and take the whole team through games they looked second best.

Then again he is part of a much better national side than Haaland so maybe its not fair to judge on that basis.

Maybe City will decide to sign Mbappe too and play both up front just for banter.
    Wouldn't surprise me if poor, hard up, Real Madrid end up with both of them at some stage.
  • Options
    Shows how good, talented and current Bellingham is....he is 3 years younger than Connor Gallagher!
  • Options
    In this world cup, I was really impressed by a young defender,  wearing a face mask, but cannot remember his name or country !!!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    In this world cup, I was really impressed by a young defender,  wearing a face mask, but cannot remember his name or country !!!
    Gvardiol of Croatia?  Has looked really good.

Thought Pavlovic looked good for Serbia too, they're 20 and 21 respectively, both at Red Bull clubs - their scouting network is very, very good.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Feel like Mbappe would be favourite by a mile for the Ballon d'Or if he didn't play in France, as strange as that sounds given it's their award in a way.
  • Options

I can imagine Arsenal/Man City may try to sign Bellingham next month. A potential significant long term prospect/investment.  

Dortmund can welcome offers and enjoy rejecting anything under 100million 
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

I can imagine Arsenal/Man City may try to sign Bellingham next month. A potential significant long term prospect/investment.  

Dortmund can welcome offers and enjoy rejecting anything under 100million 
    Arsenal LOL
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Clare?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Kristov Guntervic
  • Options
    Miles Leaburn
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Obvious names right now are 

Mbappe
    Haaland
    Salah
    Bellingham
    Foden
    Kane

I think the best right now is De Bruyne. Such an intelligent footballer and has all the technique, goals and assists to back it up. You can’t pin Belgium’s elimination on him. Look what he does for City.

Other players I like for the next few years:

Pedri
    Gavi
    Vinicius 
    Musiala 

Neymar has to be the most overrated. 

• Options
    Ive just read all posts dating back to sept 2021 and not a single person has mentioned albie Morgan. Weird!!!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Gvardiol of Croatia ?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Gvardiol of Croatia ?
    Gvardiol has been outstanding and has been for the last 2 seasons.  Its well known Paratici & Levy have wanted him for ages and have tried to buy him in the last two transfer windows when he only had 18/12m of his contract remaining but he signed a new contract in the summer and he'll go for huge money now which most definitely rules us out, sadly.

He has got absolutely everything as a centre back and he'll just get better and better.
  • Options
    Ive just read all posts dating back to sept 2021 and not a single person has mentioned albie Morgan. Weird!!!
    Well obviously Albie is the best of all time, that's just common sense. But it's more interesting to try work out the best of the rest.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Well obviously Albie is the best of all time, that's just common sense. But it's more interesting to try work out the best of the rest.
    It’s all gone to Albie’s head and affected his shooting