Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New things you’ve tried or discovered in the last year

124»

Comments

• Options
    Looks like I've got something new thanks to a tip from mates, very interested to know if anyone else is using it or similar: Radio Garden. millions of radio stations around the globe, sorted, loosely, but based on a globe visualisation which is quite entrancing.

Just been using it a couple of days but so far my favourite is this one out of Kiev which is designated as blues, but plays the type of blues I like, mean guitar-led blues -rock. And so far nothing, but nothing, has interrupted the music.

Anyone got any  foreign stations to share that you found on a site like this? (Need to know what music you like to start off with of course)

Nice one PA, sounds like a great station, love electric based blues. I shall give it a try.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Simonsen said:
    The joys (and frustrations) of creating a landscaped 00 scale model railway layout without any real prior experience. Thank God for YouTube....
    If you have not come across it Everard Junction is very good on YT.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=everard+junction+2020
    Yes, Mr Everard Junction has taught me a lot, as has Mr Charlie Chadwick. Seriously, without people like that, there's no way I would've attempted it! Good job there's been no football....it's proper expensive (I had to get a shed built for it first!) 
    I'd love to see the look on my wife's face if I told her I was building a shed to house a model railway.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    The best things I have discovered are that walking along the Thames never gets boring, and that you can see the camel enclosure at London Zoo from a pathway in Regent's Park.
    We discovered a similar path near Port Lympne, saw a bear, ostriches, camels, bison and antelope and apparently sometimes you can see the giraffes.
    There's a similar path which runs around the outside of Whipsnade Zoo where you can see the wallabies out in the open. It's a really nice walk between Ashridge (NT) and Dunstable Downs (also NT)

• Options
    DIPA, I now can’t look back. 
    Zoom is a common one but a total game changer. 
    Back exercises, my back is shot to bits WFH for so long. 

• Options
    MrLargo said:
    The best things I have discovered are that walking along the Thames never gets boring, and that you can see the camel enclosure at London Zoo from a pathway in Regent's Park.
    We discovered a similar path near Port Lympne, saw a bear, ostriches, camels, bison and antelope and apparently sometimes you can see the giraffes.
    There's a similar path which runs around the outside of Whipsnade Zoo where you can see the wallabies out in the open. It's a really nice walk between Ashridge (NT) and Dunstable Downs (also NT)

Very close to where I live, are you local to that area as well Killer?
  • Options
    Looks like I've got something new thanks to a tip from mates, very interested to know if anyone else is using it or similar: Radio Garden. millions of radio stations around the globe, sorted, loosely, but based on a globe visualisation which is quite entrancing.

Just been using it a couple of days but so far my favourite is this one out of Kiev which is designated as blues, but plays the type of blues I like, mean guitar-led blues -rock. And so far nothing, but nothing, has interrupted the music.

Anyone got any  foreign stations to share that you found on a site like this? (Need to know what music you like to start off with of course)

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/91077/radio-garden-website

Aha, thanks.