Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jake Forster Caskey - waiting to hear if club will exercise 1 year option (p11)

Comments

• Options
    And both Dobson and Fraser looked a bit tired today
  • Options
    My view - Jakes not going to play the wide roles in midfield, and he’s not going to replace Dobson or Fraser, so there’s no starting role for him unless we change the formation. 

Should he be on the bench - maybe, depends on the contract clause. If I’m Garner, and I know we’re on a tight budget, I’m not sticking him on the bench if it means I can’t spend the money elsewhere in January. I’m not giving Jake a pay rise to be a bench player. Now if Dobson or Fraser get injured.that might change. 

That sort of makes sense of the answers we’ve heard - Garner hasn’t been told he can’t play him, but there is a potential budget implication if he does. If he wants to keep as much money available as he can for a forward and/or a left back, why blow money on a back up midfielder. 
    I think this is the case.
  • Options
    I think JFC was on the pitch for about 10 seconds before we equalised  :D
  • Options
    He didn't have much to do with the goal other than nearly nicking the ball from Aneke.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    He didn't have much to do with the goal other than nearly nicking the ball from Aneke.
    I thought he part shielded the ball from a Burton player at the same time Chucks did … 
  • Options
    Have to say I didn’t actually really think JFC did much when he came on today, or at least affect the game as much as he has done in previous fixtures we have seen him.

However it was great to see him on the pitch in a league game, and with Garner bemoaning us running in fumes hopefully we can utilise him some more now. 

• Options
    Apologies to Garner in the post please. 
  • Options
    Apologies to Garner in the post please. 
    For what? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JFC was really crap tonight.
  • Options
    He was, but hardly in isolation 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    But I was told JFC was the  second coming of Christ!  Is he not?

no.  He’s slow and off the pace now.  Sad but true
    Would you expect him to be match fit?
  • Options
    He was poor…..ship him off to JJ please
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Swisdom said:

Would you expect him to be match fit?
    Maybe not.  But fitter than he is.  
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

That’s bullshit, people just wanted him to be given a chance. To isolate him tonight when so many others were equally as poor is a bit ridiculous. 
    He’s not the only player I want to shoot tonight. But he’s the one with a thread dedicated to highlighting his awesomeness and how he should be playing.
    pretty much all of them were dire today 
  • Options
    Wouldn't get in Stockport's team
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
     Was awful tonight along with everyone else.
  • Options
    Was poor tonight but I still think he should have been used more than he has this season. The Stevenage game proved he’s still got the quality to make an impact even if he doesn’t have the mobility and fitness that he used to. Putting him in a midfield 2 from the start when he isn’t fit/mobile was a recipe for disaster. Needs to be in a 3 or the best way to use him would be as an impact sub like at Stevenage 
  • Options
    Left back when Sess not playing. With Dobson and Fraser otherwise. IF he gets up to speed, he's better than Morgan and our shape will be tighter. 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Left back when Sess not playing. With Dobson and Fraser otherwise. IF he gets up to speed, he's better than Morgan and our shape will be tighter. 
    But he can't tackle! Fed up of out of position players - Sess needed at right back with Egbo out - should never have started the season with no proper left back.
  • Options
    good player on his day, but his days were a while back .. shame that he has had several nasty injuries, however he now looks slow and past it .. it happens to thousands of professional sportsmen, no shame in facing up to it
  • Options
    Probably still our best player last night though. 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    The JFC at left back is a myth IMHO which was created at Fulham in a TV game. Iirc that day he played as a LWB and did very well helping in the move where Gallagher scored and his skill was effective going forward.

However, defensively he wasn't so effective. I don't think it would work.
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Simonsen said:
    The JFC at left back is a myth IMHO which was created at Fulham in a TV game. Iirc that day he played as a LWB and did very well helping in the move where Gallagher scored and his skill was effective going forward.

I would never play him left back out of choice but I doubt he would be any worse than Clayden, Clare or Chinn.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Richard J said:
    Simonsen said:

I would never play him left back out of choice but I doubt he would be any worse than Clayden, Clare or Chinn.
    Toby Bower is a very good attacking left back. Captain of the under 18s. Really good crosses that would suit Stockley and Bower scores great goals.

At least JFC was trying to pass forwards. He reads the game better than most.