Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jake Forster Caskey - waiting to hear if club will exercise 1 year option (p11)

Comments

• Options
    Based on jfc today, he should be involved in the first team for league games.

Does sandgaard still respond to messages on social media? Can someone ask him
    why jfc isn't involved?
  • Options
    Maybe no conspiracy theory at all and what Garner sees in training isn’t signicantly better than others. 
  • Options

why jfc isn't involved?
    100% should be on the bench ahead of McGrandles. The fact that he has successfully played at left back before  also increases the options we would gain from having him in the first team squad.

• Options

why jfc isn't involved?
    He came on for 15 minutes against a tired team from the Southern League Premier Division South? 

Not sure that means he's going to dominate games in League One. 

He's ahead of Mcgrandles based on minutes so far sure, but if it means he has a huge wage increase I'd rather we waited and used the saved money on a striker in Jan. 
  • Options
    Good to see JFC yesterday and he got a great reception from the home crowd. Shows there is still plenty of love for him from the supporters at least.
  • Options
    BG must be convinced now that he should select jake into the first team. Tom has to dig deep. 
  • Options
    Absolutely clear now that he should be the first midfield sub brought on from the bench in league games. Ran the game when he came on. Really hope we start using him now and we loan Morgan out in January instead of letting him go 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Solidgone said:
    BG must be convinced now that he should select jake into the first team. Tom has to dig deep. 
    'Tom has to dig deep".

So, how much do we think this will amount to, seeing as his contract ends next July. Let's say 8 months. An increase of £2k per week ?  £3k.....£5k ?

8x4x3 = £96k. Round it up to £100k

£100k. About what we won getting through last sat & tonight. 
    I wonder what he’d be better off spending the money on ? We are lacking in midfield , beyond the 2 that are starting . 
  • Options
    Have to say I was yet to be convinced but it was clear that his name cropped up at least twice as often as anyone else as soon as he was subbed on.

With no pictures, you have to fill in the gaps for yourself but listening to the commentary my mind was drawn back to JFC performances of old where he’d grab the game by the scruff of the neck, turning losses into draws and draws into wins.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Have to say I was yet to be convinced but it was clear that his name cropped up at least twice as often as anyone else as soon as he was subbed on.

With no pictures, you have to fill in the gaps for yourself but listening to the commentary my mind was drawn back to JFC performances of old where he’d grab the game by the scruff of the neck, turning losses into draws and draws into wins.
    Checking the stats and they back up what my ears were hearing.

Of the four centre mids on the pitch: 

- Dobson had 51 touches in 77 minutes. (0.66/min)
    - Albie had 38 touches in 61 minutes. (0.62/min)
    - Fraser had 86 touches in 90 minutes. (0.95/min)
    - JFC had 25 touches in 13 minutes. (1.92/min)
  • Options
    Not saying it's true but haven't a few ITKers said he very much doesn't want to be here?
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Not saying it's true but haven't a few ITKers said he very much doesn't want to be here?

I suspect that, when you haven't been picked to play a single minute in a league campaign, if you have any self esteem whatsoever as a professional sportsman, then you will want to get away. Especially when you're 28 and you've been out for so long injured.
    I think this was in the Summer rather. They said he made it clear he wanted to leave back then. 
  • Options
    He had had a couple of really good games a left wing back before his last injury (I think that was his position when he picked up that injury). We have no cover in that position right now with Clare and now Chin being totally out of place there. We should be taking advantage of both his skills and his versatility. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:
    He didn't want to be here under the terms of his contract that was extended.

As I have said he isn't without fault in this getting to where it has got but this started last season.
  • Options
    I love that he always looks forward, but still doesn’t give the ball away much. Dobson was struggling a bit on the ball yesterday so it was a much needed change and made a huge difference

• Options
    follett said:
    He's head and shoulders above Morgan. If he doesn't get more game time (or even bench time) on the back of yesterdays performance something is definitely wrong behind the scenes
    He was far more effective than Fraser yesterday, and his 2 free kicks were far better than the dead balls delivered by Payne.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:

As I have said he isn't without fault in this getting to where it has got but this started last season.
    Right. Cheers. Yeah because he would have agreed to those terms when he signed the initial contract...
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:

Right. Cheers. Yeah because he would have agreed to those terms when he signed the initial contract...
    I think you have to factor in what was implied/promised/suggested/hinted at/misunderstood (delete as appropriate) when it was signed.

The way the deal was structured was he either recovered and the new terms would trigger, or he wouldn't and would be released.

It's now the worst of both worlds. 
  • Options
    Hopefully Garner has put a lid on those contract rumours...
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    I like Fraser, although he is extremely one-footed. But he does not have the same playmaking instincts that JFC does. He can also disappear from games, although that has improved recently.

Having JFC on the bench to replace him later in the game would be ideal. 
    I think this assessment is spot on. I like Fraser a lot, plays well with Dobson, but he regularly tails off in the second half. Having him and JFC as options would work well. Even if JFC is eventually brought back into the league squad, you would think he won't have the legs to play 90-mins after so little game time.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    It would help if when interviewed he is asked why F-C does not seem to be in his plans for L1 games and elicit a straight answer.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    It would help if when interviewed he is asked why F-C does not seem to be in his plans for L1 games and elicit a straight answer.
    I think I spot a flaw in your plan.