Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

London Marathon 2021

13»

Comments

• edited October 2021
    03:58:50 for me today. So pleased to get under 4 hours but it was a real slog with it being warmer than expected. 16 minutes off the previous time I did a marathon, also London, but that was in 2014 and I'm now 43! Very happy!
    Here's something to keep you going then... Non elite runners tend to hit their peak in their mid to late 40's.

3:45 before you're 50 😉
  • edited October 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    03:58:50 for me today. So pleased to get under 4 hours but it was a real slog with it being warmer than expected. 16 minutes off the previous time I did a marathon, also London, but that was in 2014 and I'm now 43! Very happy!
    Here's something to keep you going then... Non elite runners tend to hit their peak in their mid to late 40's.

Hallelujah - there's hope yet....

age 36 finished in 5.25
    age 45 finished in 4.50

One last go is now on the cards...
  • Dazzler21 said:

The missus would probably kill me doing another one! I'm tempted to enter the ballot though 😬
  • I saw that @WSS made the ‘move to bbc1 from bbc2’ opening montage this morning about 10am. 

• I saw that @WSS made the ‘move to bbc1 from bbc2’ opening montage this morning about 10am. 

Eight year old footage. Must be a good looking bloke to still be using it…