Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

London Marathon 2021

Comments

• Options
    Got a lot of roadworks to finish on lower road ahead of Sunday 
  • Options
    Good luck @Leeds_Addick mate and anyone else running tomorrow. 
  • Options
    Good luck all, thankfully the weather looks a lot better tomorrow.
  • Options
    Good luck @Leeds_Addick mate and anyone else running tomorrow. 
    Thanks a lot mate. Have been fighting a bit of a cold since Thursday but hoping the adrenaline pulls me through. 

Not nervous at all really, I was sure I would be but at this point I’m very excited and just want to soak it in and enjoy it. Hoping no one asks me if I’m enjoying myself after mile 22….

Will be thinking of all the people CACT have helped over the last 18 months. Really quite proud to be doing it for them. 
  • Options
    Feel free to give your sponsorship a plug (and anyone else running tomorrow)
  • Options
    Thanks!

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/benlinden

The club did a bit on me on Wednesday so if anyone wants to put themselves through reading that the link is here: https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/615456c9e6bc5/introducing-ben-linden-cacts-london-marathon-runner
  • Options
    Good luck all running today! 
  • Options
    Good luck all
  • Options
    Good luck everyone running today or if you're doing the virtual alternative somewhere.

It's about this time I start looking at the scenes in Greenwich and get itchy feet* to do it "just one last time" . Then I come to my senses...

*yes, I know, you can get cream for that. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck everyone running today or if you're doing the virtual alternative somewhere.

It's about this time I start looking at the scenes in Greenwich and get itchy feet* to do it "just one last time" . Then I come to my senses...

Do it, do it, do it.

Why not do it?
  • Options
    Good luck everyone and try to enjoy the day.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Outside the Rose of Denmark now - great atmosphere. My baby boy will be coming past around 11.30!

Good luck to all the runners.
    Beer in hand I assume !!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Do it, do it, do it.

Why not do it?
    My heart says "Do it, do it, do it!", my arthritic knee says, "I'll let you run, maybe 10 miles, but feck off anything longer than that you moron!"

I expect one day I'll ignore my knee though.
  • Options
    There was a bloke on TV running in a Charlton tee shirt
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Do it, do it, do it.

Why not do it?
    My heart says "Do it, do it, do it!", my arthritic knee says, "I'll let you run, maybe 10 miles, but feck off anything longer than that you moron!"

I expect one day I'll ignore my knee though.
    Ignore at your peril though.
  • Options
    Jackson on target to scrape under 4 hours. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Unfortunately just missed out... Finished in 4hr03
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Still a good time overall. From mile 18 to 25 it's hard going, the last mile and a bit you kind of get a bit of a lift.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Still a good time overall. From mile 18 to 25 it's hard going, the last mile and a bit you kind of get a bit of a lift.
    Found the hardest stage of London was that section where you turn towards the Isle of Dogs.

The roads narrow quite a bit there and you end up catching those who started earlier than they should and end up walking in the middle of the road - I killed my pace and hit the wall not long after as I was constantly having to change my pace to slow down and then speed past to get round everyone.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Found the hardest stage of London was that section where you turn towards the Isle of Dogs.

The roads narrow quite a bit there and you end up catching those who started earlier than they should and end up walking in the middle of the road - I killed my pace and hit the wall not long after as I was constantly having to change my pace to slow down and then speed past to get round everyone.
    I found the Isle of Dogs before the days of Canary Wharf the hardest as I didn't know the area and it was playing on my mind, as I couldn't picture where I was.
  • Options
    Brilliant time mate, well done 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Me too back in 2016.
    One Canada square follows you round like a bad smell. Everywhere you turn it's there!
    You just can't shake it off.