Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Rochdale v Charlton | Sat 06 Feb 2021| 3pm

Comments

• Wouldn't personally pay today, but want to see Nelse and Sandgaard interview might be worth watching.
  • edited February 2021
    Good to see Nelson on VP, be interesting to hear his thoughts on how we are progressing,
    another good ex player with some great words of wisdom
  • Leuth said:
    Smith, Morgan AND Watson all on the bench but no Maatsen - this had better be an injury or...
    Or what?
  • edited February 2021
    Am surprised to an extent that nothing has been made about Gilbey missing the last two teams
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Leuth said:
    Smith, Morgan AND Watson all on the bench but no Maatsen - this had better be an injury or...
    Or what?
    Or I'll be angry on the internet!!!!!!
  • edited February 2021
    "Curbs is still the manager, he picks and chooses who the guests are!"

:) 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    paulfox said:
    Jfc was poor last outing, should have been giving smith a try, and Pearce fills me with utter dread!!. Hope to be proven wrong obviously. But tinkering again= no consistency, no team formation and passage of play being built. Hope the 3 departments of our squad manage to try and play as a team.
    JFC is a wasted spot imo, we need a box to box type in his place.
    Smith isn't a box to box type.  They don't exist.  Bowyer talked about it in the "disappearing quotes" in the article announcing Smith.  He was spot on as well. 

Maybe @Ollywozere could shed some light as to what happened to those quotes? 
     They do at Rangers!
    They are like hens teeth or rocking horse shit though.  Every team used to have them, most 2.  Scott McTominay stands out because he is about the only one at the top level. 
  • Why hasn't that studio been hoovered? Not good enough!
  • edited February 2021
    Amos; 
    Gunter, Oshilaja, Pearce (C), Purrington; 
    Shinnie, Pratley, Forster-Caskey, 
    Millar;
     Aneke,  Stockley

Substitutes: Maynard-Brewer, Matthews, Morgan, Smith, Watson, Jaiyesimi, Schwartz

Erm okay Lee...

Let's see how this pans out... Oshilaja and Pearce combined to concede 4 last time out together...

This is a must win. Let's see what happens. We already know Lee plans on using DJ as a Leko so will probably play CF with Schwartz.

• Sponsored links:

• Tinker tinker tinker........can’t resist it can he?
    Would you seriously play the same 11 twice a week? For how long before they pull up injured?

Tell me why you wouldn't rotate the squad in this league 
    I suggest you look at results for an answer!!  He doesn’t need to rotate as much as he does. We haven’t created a consistent pattern of play for a start.
  • Useless fecking manager. 

Bring in players & then don't start them. Smith must be scratching his head  & wondering why he has done. Started virtually every game for Swindon & now gone 2 games starting in the bench.Might as well just loan them back to Swindon. 

Really glad I didn't part with my tenner to watch it on VP. Only wanted to see DJ play....
    Yeah he's gone from starting for a team that is in a relegation scrap to one fighting further up the table...

Or do you think our squad is as bad as Swindon's, two games against them it might be but not over the season so far
    Blimey, didn't take the apologists long to reply.

Its got nothing to do with League placings. I could (sort of) understand it if it was Sorba Thomas but both players have been playing in this league, against the same opposition. 

Wondering if its Bowyers way of sticking 2 fingers up to TS. 
    Ooo look didnt take long to be labelled again did it :) - Brexiter | Remainer | Apologist | Bowyer Out | Labour | Tory | Vegan etc.

All a tad pathetic isnt it?
    You can label me anything you like.......

Leaver / Tory / Meat eater / single parent/ all round good egg 

Just don't try to explain why you would bring in reinforcements & not play them. There is no excuse. The are fit & have been playing regularly for their previous team - not only regularly but consistently picked & started. No recent injuries or bouts of isolation. Nothing. 

Gah.
    Need you as Manager like you mentioned the other day ;)
  • Useless fecking manager. 

Bring in players & then don't start them. Smith must be scratching his head  & wondering why he has done. Started virtually every game for Swindon & now gone 2 games starting in the bench.Might as well just loan them back to Swindon. 

Really glad I didn't part with my tenner to watch it on VP. Only wanted to see DJ play....
    Yeah he's gone from starting for a team that is in a relegation scrap to one fighting further up the table...

Or do you think our squad is as bad as Swindon's, two games against them it might be but not over the season so far
    Blimey, didn't take the apologists long to reply.

Its got nothing to do with League placings. I could (sort of) understand it if it was Sorba Thomas but both players have been playing in this league, against the same opposition. 

Wondering if its Bowyers way of sticking 2 fingers up to TS. 
    WUM? 

On the football side, you want to put the new signings straight in with players they don't understand yet, putting the pressure on them to change the fortunes of a flailing team?

Always thought there was a lot to learn from watching the game from the bench, pick weaknesses in the opponents but also trying to work out what you're teammates are going to do in certain scenarios 
  • Why drop Matthews?!

Oh well. COYRs
  • In these old clips in the previews in recent weeks, interesting to see how many assists Leaburn had.
  • cazo said:
    Scoham said:
    cazo said:
    Supposed to have best winger in league and on the bench😖
    I suppose Kirk would have been the best winger in the league had we signed him instead...
    Kirk is a forward 
    Smith 4 Caskey for me
    He’s not an out and out striker is he? He’d have been here to play out wide.
  • Maatsen dropped - good.  Last clean sheet we had he didn't play in, has been poor for weeks.  Happy to see Purrington back in.

Pearce not great but best we have.

Bit disappointed not to see DJ start but otherwise it's a decent team.

3 points no problem so heading off to Bet 365.
  • Sponsored links:

• Why is Pearce playing
  • Someone should have run the Henry round that studio. Proper 2 & 8.
  • Maatsen dropped - good.  Last clean sheet we had he didn't play in, has been poor for weeks.  Happy to see Purrington back in.

Pearce not great but best we have.

Bit disappointed not to see DJ start but otherwise it's a decent team.

3 points no problem so heading off to Bet 365.
    I was just writing out exactly the same thing. God help us.
  • Cloudworm said:
    Someone should have run the Henry round that studio. Proper 2 & 8.
    He's too busy looking after the museum to worry about the studio.
  • Why is Pearce playing
    It allows Pratley to play in midfield and keeps Watson out.
    Any system that keeps Watson out can't be all bad.
  • Why is Pearce playing
    It allows Pratley to play in midfield and keeps Watson out.
    Any system that keeps Watson out can't be all bad.
    You say that like Smith, Morgan and Shinnie couldn't possibly partner JFC in the middle
  • Disappointed there aren't more changes - 5 or 6 at least keeps players on their toes. Hoping we can hold out for the first 15 before conceding.

Must be due a red card today.

New signings can sit on the bench and observe what is going on.
  • cazo said:
    Has barely trained with the squad... Bowyer said the other day it was unlikely he'd start today
    Which is ludicrous, tbh. 
  • Croydon said:
    cazo said:
    Has barely trained with the squad... Bowyer said the other day it was unlikely he'd start today
    Which is ludicrous, tbh. 
    Don't want to unsettle the team.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!