Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Rochdale v Charlton | Sat 06 Feb 2021| 3pm

Comments

• Playing very well tbf.

Stockley and Aneke working very well up front. Aneke needs to start as he's our best finisher, even if we replace him mid way through second half. 

Get DJ and smith on half way through second period and keep going at them. 
  • Leuth said:
    This game is reinforcing my and many others' criticisms of Bowyer and the team this season. We can play like this. Why haven't we been?

Nevertheless, keep it up...
    It's because the center halves are back isn't it?

Is it that Gilbey and Maddison are fit?

What ever it is its good 😊😊
  • Decent team selection, Shinnie rm is questionable considering Darjeeling but then he can be tucked in more central that  makes it work.

Back to the 442 that was working for us and low and behold..... 

2-0 before half time.

See Lee, football can be simple 😉

Same team out for the second half, changes only where/ when needed. 

Coyr
  • Can we play the rest of our games away please.
  • Ref imo cost us a clear penalty, otherwise okay I guess.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Leuth said:
    This game is reinforcing my and many others' criticisms of Bowyer and the team this season. We can play like this. Why haven't we been?

Nevertheless, keep it up...
    It's because the center halves are back isn't it?

Is it that Gilbey and Maddison are fit?

What ever it is its good 😊😊

• Very good half from us, could be 4/5 nil. We've kept Baah quiet, and have forced passing Rochdale into long ball football.

Aneke and Stockley look a menacing partnership, and Millar looks lively again.
  • The one real frustrating thing is the benching Millar and reverting to the diamond first half against Pompey. 

Back to the flat 4-4-2 that's done us well since Rochdale second half last time around, and low and behold another performance where we look like we know what we are doing. 
  • Great first half, the only disappointment is that we're only 2 goals up, as it's been so one sided
  • Sponsored links:

• YASSS WOKE TOMMY MY KING
  • Apparently we've only had one shot on target? 

Both Aneke and Oshilaja's shots were on target though?
  • Much much better.

Please please lets not sit back now and invite pressure. 
  • edited February 2021
    Can’t really see anything that isn’t working

442 is miles better than the diamond and Shinnie is having a decent game out at RM. 

Aneke and Stockley looks like the partnership from hell for defenders 

Would like Millar to be involved a little more and hope we get to see DJ get a run out
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Apparently we've only had one shot on target? 

Aneke's was probably an own-goal, the replay revealed
  • That said their keeper's made a few saves so idk
  • We’ve won this 100%
    they are shit and 18th for a reason (they used all their luck up in the 4-4) 
    We’ve been majestic and comfortable 
    Play off heart ache is back on the cards ....
    don’t think JFC has touched his hair hence we’re doing so well 

• The one real frustrating thing is the benching Millar and reverting to the diamond first half against Pompey. 

Back to the flat 4-4-2 that's done us well since Rochdale second half last time around, and low and behold another performance where we look like we know what we are doing. 
    Now we have DJ we can use him as an alternative to Millar and Morgan as an alternative to Shinnie on the right.

Stick with it Bowyer, it’s balanced and suits the players. If we play like this it’ll outweigh any benefit we get from switching formation to exploit or deal with the opposition.
  • Having 2 big guys up front to win the ball in the air means Amos does not have to pass to the centre backs and thus slow the whole game down.
  • Sponsored links:

• Funny how much better JFC's set piece delivery is with Stockley in the team isn't it?
  • Well, unless Rochdale send a different team out this next half surely not even we can lose this now?

What a difference playing a flat 4-4-2 makes. Sometimes the simple things in life are the best.   
  • Look more solid at the back with the change of full backs - both are playing excellently and always making sure we have cover and also have more height . 
  • Dazzler21 said:

So was Shinnie's
  • I’ve 100% dug Pearce out lately..... oooerrrr!!!! Not physically for the record, but got to say done well 1st half, I’m saying this now because I’m hoping he can do well for 90mins!! Lol.
  • Chuks may be a physical beat, but historically he's been a 10 not a 9, and alongside Stockley he can play as the 10
  • Leuth said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Aneke's was probably an own-goal, the replay revealed
    Behave!

You wanna tell him that?
    :-)
  • edited February 2021
    Leuth said:
    That said their keeper's made a few saves so idk
    Shinnie's was on target too. 

Also no idea how this isn't on target.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!