Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Rochdale v Charlton | Sat 06 Feb 2021| 3pm

Comments

• !! shots for us, makes a change
  • Leuth said:
    This game is reinforcing my and many others' criticisms of Bowyer and the team this season. We can play like this. Why haven't we been?

Nevertheless, keep it up...
    In my opinion it’s down to the constant changing of formation and personnel. 

• edited February 2021
    2-0: good, 442: good, referee: good, LB’s line up: good, my stress level: very good. Oh and Millwall losing 
  • Fantastic performance. Time for a brew!
  • Great first half, very good value for our 2 goal lead and could even be a little disappointed that it’s not more.

Lets smash them in the second half. 
  • Chuks surrounded by 4 players and could possibly have had a freekick, but ref not impressed and it's half time.
  • Fantastic. 

Our best first 45 minutes since Nottingham at home last year. Just got to keep this up now. 
  • Nice to have 2 big uns up front 😉
  • What a difference three days make. Let’s hope this sets the scene for the second half and the rest of the season. Impressive stuff ... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Maatsen dropped - good.  Last clean sheet we had he didn't play in, has been poor for weeks.  Happy to see Purrington back in.

Pearce not great but best we have.

Bit disappointed not to see DJ start but otherwise it's a decent team.

3 points no problem so heading off to Bet 365.
    Thanks Lee Bowyer, Bet365 paid out already.  Happy days.  Easy money.
  • Can't remember the last time we played well in the first half - good to see at long last. We have so much threat up front with two players who can win the ball. Millar simply has to start, he's quality. Deji showing again why he should have come in earlier to cover those injuries.

Hoping we continue to push for more goals after the break and don't go defensive as that never seems to work for us.
  • Incredible the difference when we are urgent, pressing and offensive. Great first half.
  • We should have had a penalty and several free kicks that we haven't but it's no Biggie. 

Well done so far Lee and the boys.
  • Just brilliant, it could easily be 4 or 5. the whole lot of them have played well
  • Could be 6 (six) up.
    Need to sustain this.
  • Our best 1st half of the season 
    Stats seem to say so too. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2021
    Leuth said:
    This game is reinforcing my and many others' criticisms of Bowyer and the team this season. We can play like this. Why haven't we been?

Nevertheless, keep it up...
    Stockley for Bogle, Millar for Smyth/Williams/Maddison and Aneke not being the main target man all making a difference. All the small improvements add up.

Need to kill the game off with a third goal, a loss of concentration or wonder goal from Rochdale could put them back in it.
  • Excellent team performance first half. Not letting them attack us is working! Midfield getting stuck in but not giving away silly fouls.  Forwards controlling the ball and laying it off sensibly. Defence covering each other and passing the ball sensibly. It's easy when you do it well!

Shame we didn't get a third - defo penalty, and hit the woodwork three times too!

Keep it solid first 20 mins of second half, and then Ronnie can have a run, and the midfielders can have a rest too.
  • Working well so far, it's the old curbs era 442 with a midfielder one side and a winger on the other, 2 up top that are both quite physical but not rapid, and it seems to be working. Bring on DJ for half an hour later to give him some minutes and maybe Schwartz on for a morale boosting goal, and jobs a goodun
  • Totally in control. Rochdale are dog shit but we’re actually taking advantage for a change. 2 up and hit the woodwork multiple times, looked like a clear penalty denied on Millar and a possible one on JFC too, although that would have been softer.

An early third in the second half would be nice and then introduce DJ and Schwartz with Ronnie to hopefully bag a confidence building goal. 
  • All seems good and improved so far, but I've been hurt too many times to get too excited whilst at 2-0

Aneke and Stockley an intriguing big man big man partnership though
  • Nice to have 2 big uns up front 😉
    But despite what Mount Chuks looks like he's got great touch, control, and passing ability.

He is the cheat mode on FIFA - four or five players rolled into one.

• The midfield looks well balanced. The right mix of grit and ability. Pratley playing really well, keeps winning it. 

It's not been perfect, the last 25 mins we were a bit sloppy in feeding the forwards. And I'm noticing Stockley is pretty poor with his feet. But overall it's been the best 45 in absolutely ages! 

But I can't help but like we are still working off this curse. How do some of these chances stay out? Should 4 up at least. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!