Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2021

Comments

• Options
    LenGlover said:
    Why we mucked about with two spinners and DBD I really do not know
    Could it have been the light?
    Unless the pictures were enhanced they were extremely bright. The other thing is that Ollie Robinson was standing back - DBD, whilst not being quick, bowls a reasonably heavy ball but he was doing so to one slip as if there was an acceptance that he wasn't going to induce an edge. The Umpires delayed tea and it was during that period that we had him and the two spinners bowling which made it even more bizarre. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Why are kent now in the 3rd division when pre covid, they were in the top division
    As a one off for this season , To reduce matches/travelling the teams were put into 3 divisions of 6. They played the other five home and away. After those games all the teams that finished 1st and 2nd were put in division 1. 3rd and 4th into division 2 and 5th and 6th into division 3. 

The points you scored in the two games against the team that joined you in the new league were halved to give a one game average that was carried over into the new division. You then play the other 4 teams in the new division and those points are added in full to the carried
    over points to get that division’s winner. 

Only division one is relevant in regards to winning the county championship as the top team will be county champions. The top two will also play a 5 day match at Lords for the Bob Willis trophy 

So basically  Kent are doing well in the worst of the rest division 
    Will they go into the top division again when the cricket season goes back to normal
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Why are kent now in the 3rd division when pre covid, they were in the top division
    As a one off for this season , To reduce matches/travelling the teams were put into 3 divisions of 6. They played the other five home and away. After those games all the teams that finished 1st and 2nd were put in division 1. 3rd and 4th into division 2 and 5th and 6th into division 3. 

The points you scored in the two games against the team that joined you in the new league were halved to give a one game average that was carried over into the new division. You then play the other 4 teams in the new division and those points are added in full to the carried
    over points to get that division’s winner. 

Only division one is relevant in regards to winning the county championship as the top team will be county champions. The top two will also play a 5 day match at Lords for the Bob Willis trophy 

So basically  Kent are doing well in the worst of the rest division 
    Will they go into the top division again when the cricket season goes back to normal
    Nothing has been decided yet. I believe that the counites have a meeting in the next week. They might go back to the old format or retain the current one
  • Options
    I've heard from someone else that he's broken it. These rumours tend to spread like wildfire but I have no reason to doubt that this isn't a fact given the two sources that it's come from.

The other thing that Blake brings, apart from his hitting, is the fact that he is a left hander. It is remarkable to think that we don't have another left handed batsman (apart from James Logan who bats at 11) in our squad. In terms of putting a bowler off his line and length, particularly if there is a short boundary one side, it is such an asset to the side to have at least one or two in the line up. Look at our England squads in that respect - Burns, Malan, Morgan, Stokes, Sam Curran, Moeen Ali etc etc.

I expect this to be our line up:

DBD
    Crawley
    Denly
    Billings
    Leaning
    Cox
    Robinson
    Stewart/Stevens
    Qais Ahmad (Logan if unavailable)
    Milnes
    Klaassen

Didn't appear to have any plaster or sling on his arm when he wandered through Ebbsfleet station in training kit about 5.30 on Monday evening. Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    What about his other arm? 
  • Options
    The 3 tier system has slightly worked against us this season, as we've ended up in a group which is well below our "real" level due to the poor start to the season
    seems that next season will revert to two divisions with promotion and relegation. Boring. The three conference set up meant that every game was important and included a play off system, which I like in most sports as the season finishes with a series of mini cup finals
  • Options
    last_line said:
    I've heard from someone else that he's broken it. These rumours tend to spread like wildfire but I have no reason to doubt that this isn't a fact given the two sources that it's come from.

The other thing that Blake brings, apart from his hitting, is the fact that he is a left hander. It is remarkable to think that we don't have another left handed batsman (apart from James Logan who bats at 11) in our squad. In terms of putting a bowler off his line and length, particularly if there is a short boundary one side, it is such an asset to the side to have at least one or two in the line up. Look at our England squads in that respect - Burns, Malan, Morgan, Stokes, Sam Curran, Moeen Ali etc etc.

I expect this to be our line up:

DBD
    Crawley
    Denly
    Billings
    Leaning
    Cox
    Robinson
    Stewart/Stevens
    Qais Ahmad (Logan if unavailable)
    Milnes
    Klaassen

Didn't appear to have any plaster or sling on his arm when he wandered through Ebbsfleet station in training kit about 5.30 on Monday evening. Fingers crossed!
    It at least makes a change from the Lyle Taylor injury watch photos at Ebbsfleet station we had 2 years ago
  • Options
    Who is attending Finals' Day tomorrow ?

It appears we are the 2nd semi final versus Sussex with coverage on Sky starting at 2.30pm

The Final is being covered from 8pm.

I'll be seriously trying to avoid hearing the scores & will be straight on the sofa once we arrive home from Wycombe tomorrow evening , cuppa in hand, biscuit tin close, watching the recorded games.  

Come on you Spitfires ! 
  • Options
    edited September 2021

It appears we are the 2nd semi final versus Sussex with coverage on Sky starting at 2.30pm

I'll be seriously trying to avoid hearing the scores & will be straight on the sofa once we arrive home from Wycombe tomorrow evening , cuppa in hand, biscuit tin close, watching the recorded games.  

Come on you Spitfires ! 
    enjoy the day Fanny ..  I'll be listening on R5LX .. Sussex will have their top bowlers back so it should be a very close game
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Come on you Spitfires ! 
    enjoy the day Fanny ..  I'll be listening on R5LX .. Sussex will have their top bowlers back so it should be a very close game
    Fingers crossed for 3 points from WW tomorrow & 2 wins for our Spitfires. 

Agree with your comments re Sussex & their bowlers but we need to reverse the result at the final T20 group stage we watched at Canterbury. 

REALLY hope those Kent lads & lasses make plenty of noise & get behind our lads at Edgbaston tomorrow.

We'll be there in spirit x
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Just the 16 man squad - and no Blake unfortunately
  • Options
    Depending on whether the feeling is, after watching the first game and also whether we opt for four or five frontline bowlers this, I believe, will be our team:

DBD
    Crawley
    Denly
    Billings
    Leaning
    Cox
    Robinson/Stewart/Stevens
    Stevens/Stewart/Logan
    Qais Ahmad 
    Milnes
    Klaassen
  • Options
    We would love to have gone but have made it to Spain! I've heard sky in the EU is an issue now but hoping a vpn will do the trick
  • Options
    Good luck, PF ! 
  • Options

Come on you Spitfires ! 
    No Rashid Khan though. Mills and Jordan will be a handful but their batting line up is heavily reliant on the opening partnership of Wright and Salt.
  • Options

Come on you Spitfires ! 
    Just received matchday info from KCCC & it states that the Final will start at 6.45pm .....

Taken a closer look at our TV Times and on Sky Sports Main Event , there is a pause in the cricket for them to show the Villa v Everton match at 5pm even though it's also being covered on Sky Sports Premier League !  !

So if you're recording as we shall , you need to use Sky Sports Cricket for both semis AND the live Final with coverage beginning for the latter at 6.15pm.

Good luck ! 
  • Options
    Looks like we can't get sky sports main event even with a vpn but can get sky cricket
  • Options
    Come on Kent. Good luck to the lads today. Always enjoy watching finals day. Should be a great atmosphere! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just hope we give a decent account of ourselves and Stevens contributes positively.
  • Options
    No Adam Milne? 
    Why is that
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    No Adam Milne? 
    Why is that
    At IPL
  • Options
    That’s rubbish. couldn’t he have played this then go on to India. That IPL hasnt started yet.
  • Options
    Doh!  I thought it was tomorrow - thank goodness I realised in time! Mind you, I might have seen the updates on here and realised - the benefits of CL!
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    LenGlover said:
    Just hope we give a decent account of ourselves and Stevens contributes positively.
    It he plays. Their concern has always been that he isn't as effective with the white ball and they have to hide him in the field. There is no comparison between him and Robinson for example. That said, I think they will still go with him because he has the capability of hitting big and it will then just be whether they play Stewart or Logan. 
  • Options
    Maybe a daft question but do the XI who start the semi final have to play in the final ?
  • Options
    Really would have preferred to play Hampshire if we get there. 
  • Options
    Somerset win by 2 wickets with 2 balls to spare.
  • Options
    Somerset win by 2 wickets with 2 balls to spare.
    Unbelievable……they didn’t have a prayer.
    Just goes to show how 20/20 can change in the space of a couple of overs.