Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2021

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2021
    67-0 off 19 at tea and a lead of 196

Crawley 38* (52)
    Cox 25* (62)
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    All credit to the team so far but where is God? Injured or rested for Saturday?
    Rested. Bit concerned to see that Blake "retired not out" when opening the batting yesterday in the KCL T20 semi-final against Bexley and that he didn't return which suggests all might not be well.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    All credit to the team so far but where is God? Injured or rested for Saturday?
    Rested. Bit concerned to see that Blake "retired not out" when opening the batting yesterday in the KCL T20 semi-final against Bexley and that he didn't return which suggests all might not be well.
    He got hit on the elbow by a Bexley "quick", and retired as a result. IMO he will be OK...
  • Options
    114-1 and a lead of 243

Crawley out for 68 (90)
    Cox 42* (92)
  • Options
    Bad light stopped play at 147-1 with a lead of 276. 

Cox 58* (117)
    DBD 17* (39)

There are still 10 overs to be bowled but the prospects of returning today aren't great. In fact, the forecast tomorrow is dire by all accounts so it may well be that we will have to have a 10 over smash on Wednesday morning before declaring
  • Options
    Needless to say "rain"
  • Options
    Needless to say "rain"
    I wonder if the players on both sides thought last night "it's going to piss down all day tomorrow, night on the piss lads" or are they all professional now  :D
  • Options
    Is it true that Milne and Qais won't be available for the T20 on Saturday?
  • Options
    edited September 2021

I was of the belief that Milne isn't available but Qais will be. I mentioned that Blake retired hurt on Sunday playing for Hayes - Stafford Cox, Jordan Cox's Dad and KCL Panel Umpire, has said that he has actually broken his arm. Not good news for him or Kent.

Edit: other sources tell me that Blake was hit on the elbow but that is hasn't been confirmed that he has broken his arm. Has to be a doubt whatever  the extent of the injury
  • Options
    So…..am I getting this right……Pissing down with rain and Blakey has broken his arm!
    Not exactly a great day down there in Canterbury.🧐
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2021
    So…..am I getting this right……Pissing down with rain and Blakey has broken his arm!
    Up in Derby today @SoundAsa£
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Up in Derby today @SoundAsa£
    Doh…..keep up SoundAs.😏
    Thanks Len.
  • Options
    Needless to say "rain"
    I wonder if the players on both sides thought last night "it's going to piss down all day tomorrow, night on the piss lads" or are they all professional now  :D
    Abandoned for the day. The hungover players will be happy, the ones who had pasta and a salad and went to bed early will wish they'd gone to the pub instead  ;)
  • Options
    What’s the forecast for tomorrow?
  • Options
    What’s the forecast for tomorrow?
    Better
  • Options

I was of the belief that Milne isn't available but Qais will be. I mentioned that Blake retired hurt on Sunday playing for Hayes - Stafford Cox, Jordan Cox's Dad and KCL Panel Umpire, has said that he has actually broken his arm. Not good news for him or Kent.

Edit: other sources tell me that Blake was hit on the elbow but that is hasn't been confirmed that he has broken his arm. Has to be a doubt whatever  the extent of the injury
    He was definitely hit on the elbow while batting by a Bexley quick bowler on Sunday (in the T20 semi final at Hayes). That news was relaid to the other semi at Sandwich (where I was standing). It didn't sound too bad but if it's broken his arm, as Stafford intimates, then that's very bad news.
  • Options
    I've heard from someone else that he's broken it. These rumours tend to spread like wildfire but I have no reason to doubt that this isn't a fact given the two sources that it's come from.

The other thing that Blake brings, apart from his hitting, is the fact that he is a left hander. It is remarkable to think that we don't have another left handed batsman (apart from James Logan who bats at 11) in our squad. In terms of putting a bowler off his line and length, particularly if there is a short boundary one side, it is such an asset to the side to have at least one or two in the line up. Look at our England squads in that respect - Burns, Malan, Morgan, Stokes, Sam Curran, Moeen Ali etc etc.

I expect this to be our line up:

DBD
    Crawley
    Denly
    Billings
    Leaning
    Cox
    Robinson
    Stewart/Stevens
    Qais Ahmad (Logan if unavailable)
    Milnes
    Klaassen

• Options
    edited September 2021
    193-1

Cox 79*
    DBD 40*

Lead of 322 so one would think that we will declare shortly
  • Options
    200-2

Cox out for 81
    DBD 44*

Lead of 329. Really not sure why we haven't taken the opportunity to declare. There are 86 overs left and we are heading to just one new ball territory.
  • Options
    211-2 declared

DBD 51*
    Leaning 4*

340 required in 85 overs at exactly 4 an over
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    341 ?
  • Options
    200-2

Cox out for 81
    DBD 44*

Lead of 329. Really not sure why we haven't taken the opportunity to declare. There are 86 overs left and we are heading to just one new ball territory.
    If the game had mattered, I'm sure we would have declared earlier, rather than waiting for DBD to get his 50 and maybe Cox to get a ton...
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    341 ?
    My mistake. If they get that close we'll do well to win at that point
  • Options
    Hopefully Jas Singh will get more of a bowl
    Only got 6 overs in first innings and was very economical - yeah Gilchrist ended up with 3 but he went at over 7 an over
  • Options
    I think it's interesting that Robinson is keeping but when Billings was being considered as Bairstow's replacement in the last game he kept. Call me a cynic but it wouldn't be anything to do with Billings not wanting to injure a finger for the T20 Finals and/or his stint at the IPL would it?
  • Options
    I've heard from someone else that he's broken it. These rumours tend to spread like wildfire but I have no reason to doubt that this isn't a fact given the two sources that it's come from.

The other thing that Blake brings, apart from his hitting, is the fact that he is a left hander. It is remarkable to think that we don't have another left handed batsman (apart from James Logan who bats at 11) in our squad. In terms of putting a bowler off his line and length, particularly if there is a short boundary one side, it is such an asset to the side to have at least one or two in the line up. Look at our England squads in that respect - Burns, Malan, Morgan, Stokes, Sam Curran, Moeen Ali etc etc.

DBD
    Crawley
    Denly
    Billings
    Leaning
    Cox
    Robinson
    Stewart/Stevens
    Milnes
    Klaassen

Can’t see the point of having Robinson in the team if he’s batting that low, more than likely to see both Stewart and Stevens as they both offer with bat and ball. With regards to qais though, really hope he plays but would not be surprised if he didn’t with all the troubles going on in his home country. Was under the impression he and Milne would not be available but hopefully I’m wrong ! 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Hopefully Jas Singh will get more of a bowl
    Only got 6 overs in first innings and was very economical - yeah Gilchrist ended up with 3 but he went at over 7 an over
    There's always a pecking order especially at Kent. Plus I can't help thinking that we are taking a look at Sussex with their dozen or so under 20s and thinking we've got to be seen to be giving Jas a chance otherwise even more questions will be asked about our age group and Academy system. One that has just four players in it - Jas, Bradley Goldsack (who didn't pick up a bat once this season because of a back injury), Joe McCaffrey (leg spinner and son of Sky's Rob McCaffrey) and Will Harby (who has been out injured since June). 
  • Options

DBD
    Crawley
    Denly
    Billings
    Leaning
    Cox
    Robinson
    Stewart/Stevens
    Milnes
    Klaassen

Can’t see the point of having Robinson in the team if he’s batting that low, more than likely to see both Stewart and Stevens as they both offer with bat and ball. With regards to qais though, really hope he plays but would not be surprised if he didn’t with all the troubles going on in his home country. Was under the impression he and Milne would not be available but hopefully I’m wrong
    Milne is unavailable. Milnes is.

The issue with Stevens is his fielding and he's a much better red than white ball bowler. I could see Robinson being left out though if they think it's a bunsen burner and play Logan instead of him, Would mean, as you say, Stevens or Stewart batting at 7
  • Options
    Two in two for Stewart

27-2
  • Options
    55-3

Wicket to Podmore